Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Forming your own LED Saber Club. Some guidelines.  (Read 63576 times)
BigJ
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »

Thanks we try. Goal is to have fun and be safe. Before we started kind of the teaching portion of the practice a guy got hurt like bad. He made a leap at some one and landed on one leg. He was a big guy and his knee went the wrong way. Now one of the things we go over is where your feet should be. Foot work is just about as important as blade work.

D.Steel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2016, 06:56:39 PM »

Caine, thank you.

I have tried to form a group or join one in my area for awhile now.

Your post gave me ideas and inspired me in the group forming area.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:53 AM »

been doing pretty well here too...over 30 members and always potential for more. just talked to a few today even.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

The Grey
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2016, 11:02:15 PM »

Some good advice there.
I'm trying to start a saber club and it's not an easy thing to do.

Kaigun
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »

What is the best way to find people if you do not have a group of friends?

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2016, 05:11:25 AM »

check the groups section and see if any near you, FB isn't a bad search either.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2016, 04:41:06 AM »

Yeah, FB is generally a good place to start...
or there's the Giant list of saber clubs thread for reference, though I don't know how updated it is...

...Speaking of which...

Admins / Mods, I request a club detail update for my location in Melbourne, Australia.

The group currently known as VicSabers will be shortly disbanding.
I've reformed a new group called the Southen Rogues Saber TCC (Theatrical Combat Corps)
Details here:
Page: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/
Group discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernRoguesTCC/

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Garou_of_Kar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -20

Garou of Kar - KnightLighters:SBG

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »

Okay, so I have in my possession or at my disposal 8 ultrasabers, and to quote Everett Ulysses McGill...

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

It's more like an hour from everywhere, but you get the idea. Country community (they call it a city, HAAAA!) where getting high, drunk, and watching tractor pulls are the highlights of the realm.

What I'd like to do is start a group of obviously amateurs (because we're an hour away from all the weapon dojos too) and train maneuvers, orbits, choreography and something SaberFit-ish, but have dueling sessions for senior members while junior members can concentrate on (for reasons of safety) choreography and (maybe) light sparring. This also allows for younglings (can I use that without being smitten by Lucas force-lightning?) to have the cheaper sabers.

How feasible do you think such a concept is? I know I used to enjoy sparring with my kid on the banks of the Ohio River with those cheap plastic collapsables, and I'm pretty sure I can get at least 5 interested not including small children. Even if we weren't doing this for profit, would I need some sort of release of medical liability form in case of injury?

Thoughts, comments?

~One cannot appreciate the Light until they have been lost in the Dark~

Owned sabers: 2 Dominix LE v4 with Obsidian Sound v4 BR with Quick Connect Coupler, Apprentice LE v4 stunt CG (grab bag), Aeon v3 stunt AS, Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 stunt GB (grab bag), Sentinel LE v4 with Obsidian Lite Sound CG, Dark Initiate v4 FO

Check out KnightLighters on Facebook and YouTube!

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2016, 08:39:22 AM »

I suggest good padding, a disclaimer form just cause who knows. can always use TPLA format for good form and practice (TPLA is a facebook group.)
spin zone tutorial isn't a shotty idea either.

who's scruffy looking?

Garou_of_Kar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -20

Garou of Kar - KnightLighters:SBG

« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2016, 03:10:34 AM »

Thanks for the info bigBear. This is still in the planning stages, and we planned on doing something for armor, definitely headgear and armored gloves at the very least.

We are also thinking of incorporating LED lit Frisbees into a sport heavily influenced by the disk wars in TRON. When I was a kid, some friends and I took disc golf disks and took them onto a baseball diamond. One guy in the middle with a few hit points more than the guys on the bases, and a modifier if the "monkey in the middle" opted to use a weapon or shield. There were more rules, but you get the idea.

Considering that there is plenty of opportunity and devices for LED style sporting now, and a few geeks at home who are toying with the idea of embracing their inner nerd, we may be incorporating that into the club too.

~One cannot appreciate the Light until they have been lost in the Dark~

Owned sabers: 2 Dominix LE v4 with Obsidian Sound v4 BR with Quick Connect Coupler, Apprentice LE v4 stunt CG (grab bag), Aeon v3 stunt AS, Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 stunt GB (grab bag), Sentinel LE v4 with Obsidian Lite Sound CG, Dark Initiate v4 FO

Check out KnightLighters on Facebook and YouTube!

Darth Jenius
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »

Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »

For anyone interested in starting their own group, I highly recommend at least looking at Terra Prime Light Armory (TPLA).  As BigBear mentioned, we have a Facebook group (Learners in Exile), and now we have a forum as well.  We use the forum to train our Initiates and Apprentices, they submit videos of their progress which the instructors view and critique.  If anyone has questions, or interest, feel free to shoot me a PM!

By the way, we're working on a more condensed version of our curriculum which centers around sparring specifically.  It's going to fall under Djem So, and will be a bit different from the involved process through the Initiate and Apprentice stages.  I'll let you all know when it's finished!

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »

a list of chapters for the Jedi council. and as always, willing to expand.
Mi: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JediCouncilOfMichigan/
Oh: https://www.facebook.com/groups/762562070598910/
Il: https://www.facebook.com/groups/520016065013413/
Tx: https://www.facebook.com/groups/205733286662539/

who's scruffy looking?

Darth Jenius
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2018, 06:27:36 PM »

So the links just go to the login page. What are the group names?

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »

So the links just go to the login page. What are the group names?

Jedi Council of Michigan
Jedi Council of Florida
Jedi Council of Ohio
Jedi Council of Texas
Jedi Council of Illinios

who's scruffy looking?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: