• Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: No RP?  (Read 2973 times)
AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -27

Jetiise Kyramud

« on: July 04, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »

So what is all this about there not being RP on the forums? I'm a little confused. What's wrong with RPing or talking in character? Reference to the "I seek a Sith Master" thread, which is now locked.

Sabers I have:            Sabers I want:
Catalyst-Blue              Dark War Glaive x2
Dark Initiate V2-Red    Raven
                                 Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Darth Dexuis
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -23

I Am The Bloody Right Hand Of My Master.

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Nearly all of us have role played at some point on this forum.

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »

I mean look at half of the forum posts or more on the "Off-Topic" is nothing but RP. I don't understand that? I mean that's where it belongs is off topic but still.

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 10:14:04 PM »

This is not a role playing forum. Period.

This is an Ultrasaber's forum dedicated to just that....Ultrasabers, and their products, related discussions, Star Wars discussions, etc.

No other popular saber forum has any type of roleplaying PERIOD. If you want to find a RP'ing forum, that is fine. But the rules here are just that. You can argue, complain and fuss all you want but it's not going to change unless Ultra says its fine. And based on what I know, that isn't going to happen.

Enjoy the forum for what it's all about....LIGHTSABERS!  Wink

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »

Okay I understand this isn't an RP forum, and I'm fine with that. But there is nothing wrong with talking in character about whatever there is, especially in an off-topic section. And it all is a star wars discussion and such. I'm not saying we should try to have a thread dedicated to just role-playing or anything like that at all, nor do I want this to turn into an RPing forum. My question is why are you trying to make it your own mission to stop people from roleplaying or talking in character what little we do? It's in the forums, one way or another. And you should expect such where you can have customizable sabers, costumes, and such where people make their own characters. I'm not trying to argue or make a fuss. I am merely stating that this seems to be a little overboard about what is being done. That's all.

And who cares about any other "popular saber forum" ? We are here to have fun, enjoy sabers, and star wars. Yes. And you guys do a wonderful job keeping it fun, as does the rest of the forum community. But is there really a reason to put a foot down and say "no you can't talk in character!" when that's what people do and have been doing, from what I can tell, for a good long while? At least in the off-topic area.

Again, I'm not saying this should be a "RP Forum" or anything like that. But we have the freedom to talk in character if we wish. That's part of the fun of it being Star Wars, being a part of the world.

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:38:08 PM »

If you have any concerns, please take it up with Ultra if you simply refuse to adhere by the rules. I have more important things to focus on than arguing. I have been around long enough to know  that many forum people seem to have problems with authority...and this seems to be another case. <sigh>

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:18 PM »

I do not have a problem with authority. I am just trying to discuss the problem. Is it wrong for me to question something that does not make sense or hasn't seemed to be a problem until now? But very well then if that's what you insist. Again I have no problems following rules or authority, but there is a point when questions should be asked.

And for clarification, no where in the forum rules does Ultra say we can not speak in character, or Roleplay. If I have missed something then I apologize ahead of time.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:47:41 PM by AerykGunn » Logged

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »

This is interesting.  I myself don't view what we do here as "roleplaying" per se.  When we act in character it's much the same as our own personalities, at least for me.  We state our beliefs but I'm pretty sure they're actually our personal thoughts and not just the feelings of a character.  I think that's what Aeryk is trying to say, none of us really roleplay so you don't have to worry Master Caine.

I get where you're coming from too, this forum is good the way it is and we wouldn't want it to start getting out of hand with roleplaying or gimmicks from other forums - we appreciate your vigilance in keeping order here!  We're not looking to start fights with you, I think Aeryk is just confused about what roleplaying actually entails and how it differs from our forum discussions here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: