Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Should Force Users be noted by their connection/use?  (Read 869 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: December 31, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »

...rather than mission statement?

Poll located here...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17730.0

Meaning of course the Jedi and sith vs a more general defining thoughts such as Light or Dark or Grey.

The Jedi would be a faction within the Light Force Users, for example instead of all Light Force Users being some title of Jedi.

I am thinking this would clear up lots of feelings of confusion and ambiguity involving the much debated "grey area" between the hard lines of proper straight up Jedi and hard heels of the jack booted sith.

Certainly there should be room within the galaxy for a thousand shades of grey between the bright white and pitch black.  But to call a user of Dark Force a Jedi is somewhat rude, offensive, and dull...just as it is to call anyone who does not follow the strict ideology of the Jedi to be evil.

One is reminded of the classic D&D alignments...

I think my hangup with the whole situation is two fold...

Anyone who is Jedi is considered a toad of the senate whole follows a dogma of stifling rules and restrictions.

Anyone who does not falls into the sith side of the house and is therefore evil.

Without a middle ground, and lots and lots of it, this will never end.

Those who favor sith, but in actuality just like the powers and lack of structure/rules...and not baby killing, planet enslaving, etc. must be equally peeved to not have a place to fit in.

There is room in my mind for a bunch of wiggle room...but that said, do not call yourself Jedi if you are not, and do not call yourself sith if you are not.

A cow is a cow, not a bear.

A sandwich is a sandwich, not a jet ski.

Etc.

I would love to see the general terms altered to make it easier to define the character and favored choice of our collective hobby, in regards to the Force Users.

Maybe I am alone in this?

Thus I present the thread and poll.

Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:01:21 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: