Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: How I make PVC shrouds for my sabers: Photo Tutorial  (Read 103724 times)
Darth Calico
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -51

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »

Thank you for this post!  I was looking for instructions on this!

Yiggysaw
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -59

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »

Good day!
Anyone in/around Sweden or Europe that knows of a website where you can order a PVC pipe in the right size? Planning on getting one for a Dark Initiate V3.
Thanks!

Darth Tyranis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

"so be it..jedi"

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 05:14:49 AM »

great tutorial! and love the idea...ty I think I found my new project

MR Anakin (fought a good fight but ultimately couldn't handle my rage)
Dark catalyst BR AS FoC  FcP red AV  weathered leather wrapped and custom ancient sound
 Grab bag Catalyst with DC body in GB  (now BR) weathered leather wrapped
Dark initiate shotos in AS
    DS POINTS

Tk768
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »

I did this on an old sink tube hilt.  I used the PVC for the shroud, and hand grip.  I painted them with Rhino bed liner paint.  It turned out great.  I am considering doing this with an ultra saber hilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Control, control! You must have control!

Jedi Sior
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Grey Jedi

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »

Count another interested in how the metal shroud turned out. I was going to make one for my non-US MHS saber. Found the proper size sink tube but lack the dremel.

Great idea for the paper towel roll! Will need to utilize this idea for certain!

I will say that for safety's sake, and the sake of dueling blades, a shroud which goes out over the blade is probably best made from PVC while a decorative shroud around the hilt would be a better utilization for sink pipe.

There is no light without shadow, and you and I are that shadow.
Grey Jedi Sativan Vasilius ...or... Darth Rexus

Owned:
TCSS sink tube - amber
TCCS MHS - green
TCSS MHS - blue
Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ sound - Consular Green

Wishlist:
Consular (Emerald) with Sound
Dark Apprentice LE

Copperhamster
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Look sir, Droids!

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »

I was looking at things and stuff I had laying around and I found that a medium orange pill bottle is the perfect size to fit the wider parts of the initiate, if you have those laying around. Easier to cut than pvc and thinner.

You can also see through them before you paint for purposes of drilling tap holes.

For opaque materials, get some kiddie watercolor paint and a brush. Put your parts on how you want them, then paint them from the inside through the existing holes.

Give it some time to dry, pull off the parts then you can measure things exactly where they need to be. Any dried paint should wipe off the metal.

Sabers:
E-Series Aggressor, CG
E-Series Aggressor, FO
E-Series Steel Standard Issue, AS (parts stripped)
Customized Initiate V2, AS (internals from SSI + regulator and Li-ion)
2 Dominix V2 RGB w/Coupler

Remember, the saber and jedi exist to serve the force, but only one can serve the force without the other.
(LS Please)

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »

Name: Lord (Darth) Raváge - Sith Order of The Rock Czars
Lightsaber: Dark Initiate LE v3 (Blazing Red)
Starship: TIE Interceptor
Galaxy: Milky Way
Planet: Earth
Continent: North America
State: California
City: Los Angeles

Greetings to you all.

This is a wicked idea, SRAM!

I'm too new here to give points, but still wanted to commend you on the sheer creativity utilizing the "form follows function rule"!  Wink

I look forward to meditating on many of your posts here on UltraSaber's forum and perhaps will see some of you at The Rock Czars' future appearances.
In the meantime, see my signature below for a complimentary "Star Wars HD Theme" background download link from my FB page.

Please enjoy the >>> Star Wars Artwork & Music in HD via YouTube <<< .

May The Force Be With You All!

DopeSaber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 07:01:21 PM »

Thanks for the post, those pics look great. I did try with an aluminium tube and it came out good will post pics in a new thread.  Thanks again for the idea, I didn't even think of customizing my saber until this post. Thanks.     

Joshie-Wahh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:10 AM »

That looks so awesome some, I so have to try that with my initiate, can't wait to see what it looks like, also just wondering, how sis you weather your initiate hilt? It looks amazing

LordVen
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 14

Let's see those Light Side Points!

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 02:38:38 AM »

This is amazing!  It's given me ideas to make a shroud for my archon to make it even more customizable.  The idea for using the paper towel roll as a stencil is awesome.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »

This is amazing!  It's given me ideas to make a shroud for my archon to make it even more customizable.  The idea for using the paper towel roll as a stencil is awesome.

The Archon body is just a tiny bit bigger in diameter them the standard MHS/Initiate/Dominix/Aeon Bodies. If you use the thin walled schd 35 pvc you'll have to carve it out some from the inside.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Fivefivesixphoto
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2015, 10:25:17 PM »

I thought I'd share some knowledge here, this is a simple way that I make my PVC shrouds for my sabers. I don't have all the latest or greatest shop tools, and I doubt most of us do. This is a photo tutorial, I'll try to narrate the best I can, bear with me...

Note this only works for US sabers 1.45" in diameter, most of the lower end, more affordable sabers, should work. V3 initiates/dominix/aeon sabers only. V2 sabers are too narrow for sched. 35, sched. 40 may work for the V2's but I'm not sure.

First of all, I'm totally going to do this. But what I'm really interested in is the weathering you did.It looks freakin' awesome! I just ordered my first Ultrasaber and really want to give it that weathered look. I was thinking just wrap some sandpaper around it and start twisting back and forth. But, I'm afraid that maybe it's not that easy. Any tips? Like grit used or kind how you went about doing it?

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2015, 02:00:27 AM »

I was thinking just wrap some sandpaper around it and start twisting back and forth. But, I'm afraid that maybe it's not that easy. Any tips? Like grit used or kind how you went about doing it?

Thats pretty much it, wrap it and twist it. I think I used around 100 grit.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

B.Tolsma
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -14

Lord Vader. Rise!

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2016, 05:37:35 PM »

How do you guys secure your shrouds?
Do you drill the saber? Cause I'm not feeling that too much, I don't want to irreversibly scar my saber..

I'm gonna buy my first saber soon, and I'm undecided on which one it's gonna be yet, but I do really like the customization you can do on the V4s

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2016, 05:49:41 PM »

How do you guys secure your shrouds?
Do you drill the saber? Cause I'm not feeling that too much, I don't want to irreversibly scar my saber..

I'm gonna buy my first saber soon, and I'm undecided on which one it's gonna be yet, but I do really like the customization you can do on the V4s

Body shrouds can be secured with the covertec wheel. Emitter shrouds could be secured by replacing the blade-retention set-screw with a thumb-screw. Basically using the existing screw holes instead of making new ones.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: