Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: How I make PVC shrouds for my sabers: Photo Tutorial  (Read 104510 times)
B.Tolsma
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -14

Lord Vader. Rise!

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2016, 08:11:58 PM »

Aah gotcha!
What size screw is that retention screw??

And do you by any chance know what size the PVC tube is in Metric?
I'm in Holland, but I really want to kit out the Dominix a bit to make it more my own!

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »

Retention and Covertec screws are both 8-32 thread.

Uhh~ doing a bit of searching, I'm guessing you're looking for 50mm pipe. Has an ID between 42.6mm-45.2mm, depending on pressure rating. Either will fit very loosely over the 37-38mm OD of the Dominix, so you might need to wrap some tape around the hilt to give the pipe a snug fit before you swap the screw.

B.Tolsma
Knight Aspirant

Lord Vader. Rise!

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:55 PM »

Awesome dude!
Thanks a ton!
I'll screw around a bit with the pvc tubes, I can get those at my local store, so that's not too much of a problem Smiley
Now I know what size I'm looking for roughly though, so that definitely helps.

As for the screws, I'll have to get those at TCSS, cause all our screws are in metric obviously :p

Thanks again man, now I can start planning my customization properly :3

B.Tolsma
Knight Aspirant

Lord Vader. Rise!

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2016, 09:32:34 PM »

Oh, one more little question.
Where does the retention screw sit on the Dominix LE V4?

I'm asuming somewhere underneath the Silver lines at the top?
And is it possible to get the retention screw to be lined up with the AV switch?

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »

Double-check your hardware store, because all the ones here have a section for metric screws, so I figure the opposite's true.

B.Tolsma
Knight Aspirant

Lord Vader. Rise!

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »

Found some screws that I think might work Smiley
And I found PVC tubing that is absolutely perfect!
40mm OD, 3.68 ID (roughly)
So that should be a perfectly snug fit. And if it doesn't fit I'll make a little cut on one side so I can fold it open a bit :3

Thanks again for the help Kouri!

nahtanojj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 03:53:12 AM »

Fantastic post. Thank you for the inspiration and insight.  Smiley

Halnis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 10:35:07 PM »

I am making a emitter in the same way but using brass piping as opposed to pvc pipe. Coincidence that I saw this here! I will post pictures of mine once I have finished with it. The dimensions for mine were for my Dark Apprentice V4 but are as follows: 1 1/4th Inches 22 guage brass piping (Found at Lowes) My personal recommendation is to bring the hilt in with you to try it out because it is a VERY snug fit down to the millimeter.

"There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi."  ~
Leor Danal

Halnis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2016, 12:17:52 AM »

Here are a few quick phone images.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi."  ~
Leor Danal

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »

1 1/4th Inches 22 guage brass piping (Found at Lowes) My personal recommendation is to bring the hilt in with you to try it out because it is a VERY snug fit down to the millimeter.

I think your pipe was in the wrong slot in the aisle, as it's 1 1/2" 22 gauge sink tubing that fits over sabers - the MHS system was specifically made to fit inside that tube.

For the record, it fits perfectly over the 1.45" MHS-sized V4 saber hilts. The 1.5" V3s need to be sanded down a bit to fit.

Halnis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »

Ahhh must be it! I stand corrected

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leor Danal

lthldse50
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -7

More points, more points, Wait, what side was I???

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2016, 06:33:38 AM »

Excellent tutorial, thanks for putting this up! Going to try it out for sure!

"Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her..."

Emerald LED Stunt Manticore
Emerald Obsidian IV Overlord with Flamberge pommel
Reaper
And counting...

Joshie-Wahh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2016, 09:54:40 PM »

hi everyone, i have a question, do any of you think it would work if i made a shroud out of pvc to go around my intiate v3, but also took a piece of pvc same diameter of actual hilt and connected it to shroud and hilt to make hilt a little bit longer, to fit electronics in it better?
so the shroud would be outside the smaller piece of pvc and the hilt, the smaller pvc acting as an extension of the actual hilt itself.

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »

Wow...one day I may reach a Jedi level such as this, to be able to create such great accessory for my saber. Lol..this is awesome! Appreciate the step by step! Great work. +1

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2016, 08:39:12 AM »

hi everyone, i have a question, do any of you think it would work if i made a shroud out of pvc to go around my intiate v3, but also took a piece of pvc same diameter of actual hilt and connected it to shroud and hilt to make hilt a little bit longer, to fit electronics in it better?
so the shroud would be outside the smaller piece of pvc and the hilt, the smaller pvc acting as an extension of the actual hilt itself.

No, not really. I'd recommend purchasing some MHS extensions from the other shop and adding length to the hilt that way.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: