Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Rumors: No Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, & More!  (Read 2435 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: January 05, 2014, 05:08:34 AM »

Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel – still known as Batman vs. Superman, until the world is told differently – is set to begin filming in Michigan this February, barely a month away. The only pieces of confirmed information about the film are new details about the shoot in Detroit and the reported $131 million production budget attached to – presumably – the filming in that state.

As always, the rumors are more fun – whether any of them end up to be true or not – and just in the last few weeks alone we’ve seen a whole new spate of them as DC and Warner Bros. get ready to establish their own Cinematic Universe. Is Denzel Washington involved? If so, will he play Lex Luthor? The Green Lantern? Or is Dwayne Johnson playing GL? How big of a role will Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman have?

And if potential Justice League members like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are making some kind of appearance, what about some of the other DC characters who are major JL members, like Aquaman and Martian Manhunter? The inclusion of Lex Luthor appears to be a lock, but what about the identity of a suspected second villain? Batman on Film has addressed a slew of Batman vs. Superman questions and rumors, and while many of BoF‘s answers are really just opinion and speculation, some of the information sounds fairly legitimate and intriguing.

For instance, is Lex Luthor really in the film, and who is the additional villain? According to BoF’s Jett Ramey (framed as a response to readers’ questions):

"Yes. And sorry, I’m not at liberty to reveal the ID of the other villain at this time…but the character is highly rumored to be in the film."

What about the casting of Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa? Will he play Martian Manhunter or (a miscast) Aquaman? According to Jett:

"Nope and nope. Neither of those characters are in this film."

‘Batman vs. Superman’ Fan Art by John Mattisson

BoF also denies that any Bat-villains will make an appearance. From the sound of it, that’s about it for the hard information. The film’s reboot of Batman, the rumored involvement of the John Stewart Green Lantern and the confirmation of Wonder Woman’s role has led some fans to wonder how much room is left over for Superman and if this Man of Steel follow-up is a Justice League movie in disguise. BoF responds to this particular question:

"Based on all my intel…NOPE. It’s a Superman film – a Superman film that just so happens to include Batman and Wonder Woman – but a Superman film nonetheless."

BoF has additional insight on other issues, such as the size of Wonder Woman’s role in Batman vs. Superman - “on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2.”  There is also a rather novel take on WW’s ancestry – which is complete and utter speculation, but interesting to note:

"…the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries."

Probably a stretch, but given screenwriter David S. Goyer’s extensive tweaking of the traditional Krypton mythology, it’s at least plausible. BoF goes on to answer other fan questions, such as which source comics would inform Ben Affleck’s Batsuit – they mention the Kingdom Come and Batman Beyond suits as possible inspiration (we’ve heard differently, and should point out that Batman on Film loves Batman Beyond and turned out to be off-based when predicting that the beloved futuristic animated series would serve as a jumping off point for DC’s Batman reboot).

So could Jason Momoa be playing Doomsday, after all? There is no hard proof, but this new information is a strong clue that this could be the case. And what about the notion of Batman controlling drones from the Batcave? BoF is all for it (even if the reader wondered if it could be a “rip-off” of the Iron Man series), since Batman is usually always a step ahead of everyone; hence, the use of bat-drones could form his method of dealing with Superman – the need for which he would have foreseen.

Several of BoF’s other reader questions had to do with the likelihood of Ben Affleck taking on solo Bat-films after Batman vs. Superman, and just how many films he might be contracted to appear in. There is no way to know the details on these points, but both answers could depend on the success of BvS. Given the level of fan anticipation involved – and this before any significant portion of the film has been shot – the film’s success is nearly a given, and the more we hear about Affleck’s approach to and respect for the role, the more it sounds like Affleck is in this for the long haul.

What do think about this Batman vs. Superman news, Screen Ranters? Should Martian Manhunter or Aquaman be included? Are bat-drones a good idea? Sound off in the comments!

Man of Steel 2/Batman vs. Superman hits theaters July 17th, 2015.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-martian-manhunter-aquaman-rumors/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 05:12:36 AM »

"…the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries."

Initial reaction: Please no. Have mercy.

Secondary reaction: This could work actually...

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:15:46 AM »

Man I really do hope they film in Michigan, dropping 130 or so million into that state economy would make up for a lot of sins in the movie in my opinion.

But then again I'm one of the few that didn't throw up my hands at Ben as Batman. I loved him in the Kevin Smith Jersey movies.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:28:28 AM »

Thinking that hype = financial success is not very clever. If the first wave of viewers is huge (which it will be) but gives poor reviews or is generally negative about it, it'll bomb (at least until home release. Then, who knows).

Dead hype is worse than no hype at all.

no

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 06:36:46 AM »

Thinking that hype = financial success is not very clever. If the first wave of viewers is huge (which it will be) but gives poor reviews or is generally negative about it, it'll bomb (at least until home release. Then, who knows).

Dead hype is worse than no hype at all.

I agree it you are talking about quality, but money earned. Dead hype equals the first month in theater's if you release globaly with in a week of US, most of your money is in the bank before the poor reviews are in.

Hype rules, most of the marvel movie are bad, didn't hurt there bottom dollar lines.

I like how we care how much a movie makes. If a movie sucks it sucks. The fact that Thor made money doesn't change the fact that it sucked and the first 40 minutes were devoid of any and all value. That they made a second doesn't change the fact that the first sucked.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:28:39 AM »

Kryptonian Amazons? Interesting, I kind of like it. Sure, people will have problems with it, but if they can implement the idea well I'm perfectly okay with experimentation.

And I want Aquaman, dangit! He's been laughed at for too long!  Cheesy

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »

Kryptonian Amazons? Interesting, I kind of like it. Sure, people will have problems with it, but if they can implement the idea well I'm perfectly okay with experimentation.

And I want Aquaman, dangit! He's been laughed at for too long!  Cheesy

There is a development to the Kryptonian Amazons:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17678.15

I completely agree with you about aquaman.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »

Honestly in the real world or comic world Aquaman would be and is the OG.

He gets to live in the sea without restrictions, communicate with the animals within the same, strong, tough, intelligent, and charismatic.

A true god among men.

To focus on the communicates with marine animals as his power is to look at Superman's frosty breath or Batman's sidekick was a young boy, several young boys would be just as ridiculous.

Aquaman is a great character who fell by the wayside...the King of Atlantis is no man's fool!

Grin

Light side points please Smiley

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »

There is a development to the Kryptonian Amazons:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17678.15

I completely agree with you about aquaman.

Ah, I am somewhat relieved that it's not true, but at the same time it is an interesting idea. But then again, it would undermine Superman being the last Kryptonian so maybe it's better to not go with it.

I heard recently that the script was finally completed, so that's a breath of fresh air for me. It's usually not the best idea to rush into production without a complete script because you run the risk of everything you've already worked on being out of context with the entire story (looking at you, Episode VII).

And yeah, Aquaman's severely underrated! If he existed, we should all be afraid of going into the water. He's like Jaws on a global scale!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: