Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Justice League: War’ Clip: Batman and Green Lantern Team Up  (Read 1456 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: January 06, 2014, 11:27:58 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf_0CudPmZo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf_0CudPmZo</a>

It’s currently unclear just when exactly comic book fans will get to see a big screen, big budget Justice League movie, with Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman film taking the first tiptoe into the waters of a shared DC cinematic universe in 2015. For those who just can’t wait, however, the heroes of the DC universe will be united in 2D as DC Entertainment’s animated feature film Justice League: War gets ready for release next month.

Based on Geoff Johns and Jim Lee’s 2012 graphic novel “Justice League: Origins,” Justice League: War focuses on the New 52 origins of the Justice League and tells the story of the heroes coming together for the first time to defend Earth from an alien armada led by Darkseid. The trailer for Justice League: War debuted last fall, and another clip has now been released, showing the tumultuous first meeting between Green Lantern and Batman.

The clip seems to be the same one that was shown during the Justice League: War panel at last year’s NYCC. One of the things the things that Screen Rant took away from the footage shown was that the voice acting was not exactly great, and some of that comes across in this clip. The film’s cast is largely made up of new talent rather than DC veterans, and while Justin Kirk does a decent job as Green Lantern, Jason O’Mara’s Batman voice sounds a little off.

On a more positive note, both the writing and the action seem to be pretty strong and Justice League: War should be an exciting ride for DC fans who just want to see their favorite heroes banding together. Aquaman is unfortunately not in this particular outing, but DC Entertainment’s Gary Miereanu confirmed at NYCC that Aquaman will be getting his own animated feature film in the future.

Justice League: War was directed by Jay Oliva, who previously helmed DCE animated feature Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, and other voice talents in the film include Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings) as Shazam, Michelle Monaghan (Mission: Impossible III) as Wonder Woman and Alan Tudyk (Firefly) as Superman. Tell us in the comments if the trailer and clip have managed to sell you on this movie, or whether you plan to hold out for a live action Justice League blockbuster.

Justice League: War will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and digital download on February 4, 2014

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/justice-league-war-clip-batman-green-lantern/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:13:17 AM »

When I read the title I was instantly reminded of that scene where Hal first met Bats in the New 52 and was like, "Wait... don't tell me you're just a man in a bat costume... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!" XD

Anyway, I liked the clip. The voice acting is a bit rough, but I don't really mind Hal's. I think it's good. Bats is a bit harder for me to get into since it's not Kevin Conroy's voice. Not saying it's bad, just saying it's hard to adjust to.

I also like the animation. It's beautiful.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 04:24:19 AM »

Looking good! Kevin Conroy's a tough act to follow, but I'm sure that it'll be easier to accept when we see the full movie.

Here's what I'm wondering really wondering though: chinstrap on the Batcowl - yea or nay?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:31:28 AM »

Looking good! Kevin Conroy's a tough act to follow, but I'm sure that it'll be easier to accept when we see the full movie.

Here's what I'm wondering really wondering though: chinstrap on the Batcowl - yea or nay?

Yay.

To me, it makes it look like he is wearing more of a helmet,

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:43:24 PM »

Yay.

To me, it makes it look like he is wearing more of a helmet,

I was thinking the same thing, although I do like the clean look also. I guess it really depends on the suit for me, and I like this suit!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: