Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Renewed GCW! (Setting)  (Read 6661 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: January 09, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »

THE GALACTIC CIVIL WAR RP!

It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Although the Death Star has been destroyed, Imperial troops have driven the Rebel forces from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy.

Evading the dreaded Imperial Starfleet, a group of freedom fighters led by Luke Skywalker have established a new secret base on the remote ice world of Hoth.

The evil lord Darth Vader, obsessed with finding young Skywalker, has dispatched thousands of remote probes into the far reaches of space.

It is a time of great trouble as the Galaxy is engulfed in the turmoil of civil war. While the bulk of the Rebellion has fled, there are fringe elements within the Alliance to Restore the Republic that are proactive and take the battle to the evil Empire.

One Corellian Corvette, Qanotha, has been tasked with raiding the Empire and doing as much damage to the war machine as possible despite their limited resources. 

Her crew has been reduced severely in number due to recent battles and are tired of the war. Yet still they serve, constantly seeking justice and the end of the Empire's tyrannical rule.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:22:13 PM »

Before I get too far with a character, what are the criteria that need to be met if any?

CENTER][/CENTER]

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:35:50 PM »

I literally just posted this, but I'll copy it here:

I'm glad to hear that you'll be happy to be aboard the Qanotha!

As to your questions, there has been a slight alteration to the default character sheet that Manny had originally posted and I've made a post directly below it to give some idea of what to expect.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7635.0

Since we're all on one ship, there will be a chain of command (I will lead the group in a Star Trek Captain role since it's a good GM position), but rank is subjected to reason...not really any other considerations. For species, just within reason Smiley For weapons/equipment, we are more of a guerrilla force and deal in what weapons and gear we can find. Expect stolen Imperial weapons, Rebellion weapons, and old things that are easy to find.

On a related note, we will have one Imperial shuttle (old and in hard shape) as well as two Rebellion shuttles for moving troops and however many X-wings we need. Again, expect things to need constant repair!

For occupations, these are the average Joes of the galaxy who have joined the Rebellion and begun strikes at the Empire. They've come from all walks of life and can have all kinds of previous experience from real life. As to military occupations, we're going to need some crossover as mentioned in the linked thread, and we're staying away from Spec Ops. Sure, we'll go up against Special Forces, but we're more the rag-tag group (like the OT gives the sense of in the Rebellion).

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Moderator Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »

Guess i'd better get cracking on a new x wing pilot! Wink

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

I am worthy.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Y-Wing pilot for life lol.  Need a wingman, or co-pilot given the type of y-wing I'll be flying.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1883

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

Alrighty, putting my guy on paper in just a few minutes.

Light side points please Smiley

Moderator Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 01:20:51 AM »

*sigh* does the wishbone herding never end? Lol you should hit up rainman, he might be convinced to fly with a fellow y wing for awhile. Smiley

I am not a color...

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

I am worthy.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »

Lol why is there no love for the wishbone fighter?  Its much like the F-14 which was in service for nearly 50 years.  And since I made the comparison I've been in love with it.  Besides, its shortcomings are made up with heavy shielding and armor.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Moderator Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 04:33:25 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I like the two man version okay, but the x wing is just the best there is. Its the most balanced of the fighters. You can get more rugged, or faster, or a heavier hitter if you try... but you'll never get more of it all in one place than the T65. Wink

I am not a color...

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »

Lol why is there no love for the wishbone fighter?  Its much like the F-14 which was in service for nearly 50 years.  And since I made the comparison I've been in love with it.  Besides, its shortcomings are made up with heavy shielding and armor.

There is much wishbone love.  My character flies one.  Though, they are more like the A-10 as each is a fighter-bomber whereas the F-14 was an Air-superiority fighter later modified for ground attack.

Dont get me wrong, I like the two man version okay, but the x wing is just the best there is. Its the most balanced of the fighters. You can get more rugged, or faster, or a heavier hitter if you try... but you'll never get more of it all in one place than the T65. Wink

X-Wings are boss, but they don't carry enough boom.

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

I am worthy.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 06:47:18 PM »

Forgot About the good old A10.  I agree as well, when in doubt, blow stuff up.  And with the payload and heavy shields it is also a great ground support fighter.  Anti-armor, antipersonnel, etc..

CENTER][/CENTER]

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -89

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 03:24:24 AM »

I've decided to join the Rebellion, 'cause that's what America's all about!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »

I've decided to join the Rebellion, 'cause that's what America's all about!

Good to have you aboard, wherever it is that we fit you in.

X-Wings are boss, but they don't carry enough boom.

Didn't see this, but the Y-wings don't have THAT much more boom.  Y-wings have two ion cannons, two laser cannons, and two torpedo launchers with a magazine of that can hold eight.  X-wings have four laser cannons and two torpedo launchers that can hold six.  If I remember correctly from the X-wing games if you switched to concussion missiles instead the ratio got a bit wider between the two because the missile is smaller than the torpedo.  I will give the Y-wings on the versatility point though with being able to disable ships with the ion cannons.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 11:10:04 AM »

Good to have you aboard, wherever it is that we fit you in.

Didn't see this, but the Y-wings don't have THAT much more boom.  Y-wings have two ion cannons, two laser cannons, and two torpedo launchers with a magazine of that can hold eight.  X-wings have four laser cannons and two torpedo launchers that can hold six.  If I remember correctly from the X-wing games if you switched to concussion missiles instead the ratio got a bit wider between the two because the missile is smaller than the torpedo.  I will give the Y-wings on the versatility point though with being able to disable ships with the ion cannons.

Y-wings can carry proton bombs too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: