Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 126   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Qanotha  (Read 304302 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »

As Belyra stood in the passageway just outside the airlock wondering where to go her comm beeped. "Captain Vekraa, this is Lieutenant Grady. Please remain with your ship, Captain Hrental is on his way to meet with you." She raised an eyebrow and replied back "the Captain himself is greeting me? My, I must be someone special then." She gave a little laugh. "Very well, I'll do as you ask."

As she put her comm away she saw a pair of Rebels approach in uniform, a security detail she surmised. No surprise that they sent guards, she was just another smuggler running in goods after all. One of them was quite young, barely out of his teens, while the other looked a bit older than she was. She leant back casually against the wall, arms by her side. As they stopped just before her the older one asked "Belyra Vekraa is it?" She grinned at him and answered "sometimes. Depends on who is asking."

She glanced at the younger man. He seemed a bit nervous and agitated in her presence and kept trying not to stare at her. She was used to evoking that kind of response, and loved to play on it. "Don't worry handsome, you don't need to be so nervous. I promise I'll be a good little Captain. Wouldn't want you to have to cuff me now, would we?" she said playfully giving him a wink. Much to her enjoyment the young man's face turned red and he gulped and desperately tried to look anywhere but at her. The older man just shook his head slightly and tried to keep a straight face.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »

"Thank you." He replied with a slight bow. "It's not a song I play often." Coren chuckled at the comment about Thal's and the Imperials' cooking. Thal wasn't a bad chef, but there were better.

He frowned at the next question that came. He had no way of knowing what the next mission would be, especially with the Captain being so secretive. He couldn't begin to guess either. As he began to reply, the ship's Captain summoned Coren to join him. Standing up, he placed his hand on Deirdre's shoulder. "It would appear that I'm about to find out." He said, quietly.

Strolling towards the Captain briskly, he placed the flute in a pouch on his belt. "Captain.." Coren spoke politely.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

After I finished eating I got back to work on the shuttle.  D9 really got a lot done all things considered.  The time for the repairs had easily been cut to five or six hours now. 

"D9, I never thought to re route the excess wasted energy into the shield generator.  Now all that remains is the panels right?"

D9(according to my understanding yes.  I can finish stamping out the panels if you would like to catch some sleep.  After all you are still only human.)

With a laugh I grabbed up my welding mask and gloves, "and you'll rust if I let you too you crumpled kaf can with wheels."

D9 gave an aggravated chirp and rolled away.  I setup the first panel and clipped it in place, dropping my mask down I fired up the welder and got to work.  No more breaks, never know when we'll need to use two shuttles.

CENTER][/CENTER]

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »

As the two men left the mess hall behind, the Yarkoran Captain began to catch his counterpart up on what Lieutenant Grady had said. "Apparently, a YT has arrived and docked with us. The 'captain' has given a proper authorization code, and will likely be carrying our orders. In case the courier has been compromised by the Empire, I want you to examine the ship and ensure that there is no strike force waiting in hiding."

The two turned a corner and began walking down the hall which the courier stood in. Hrental said under his breath, "Make your inspection under the auspices of hospitality and searching for issues that might need to be repaired before the 'captain' departs."

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »

once the last maintenance panel was in place on the shuttle I let out a huge sigh of relief.  

D9 (finally done I see.  only took you half a day, now about the Y-Wing....)

"Not now D9....I'm way too tired and another ship docked at some point today.  We may or may not have to run maintenance on it so I'm catching some sleep right after I hit the freshers and eat."

After cleaning up my mess and returning the tools to our tool room, I slipped out of my coveralls and made my way to the freshers.  Turning on the water and watching the steam rise, I closed my eyes and just let the water run for a moment.  the heat relaxing my muscles, I let my shoulders sag.  Once I was done and dry I threw on a pair of black pants and a shirt.  D9 was waiting for me outside in the hallway with my boots.  

As D9 rolled off to log off for the night I walked towards the mess hall again.  I hope the cooks were still there, or at least some left over soup.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 12:11:19 AM »

"Understood, sir." He responded, hardly moving his mouth as he watched the 'captain.' With that, Captain Lunelle strode over towards the suspicious ship. Extending a hand, he spoke to the pilot of the vessel. "Greetings. I am Captain Lunelle. And you are?"

In the back of his mind, Coren chose his next words wisely, lest the unknown woman decide to draw. Her ship would be cleaned and searched either way. How they would go about it, depended entirely on her.

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 12:38:17 AM »

::Kalli Acklay::

Standing smoothly to her full six feet height, Acklay took a slow deep breath before stepping off of the practice mat in the exercise room of the Qanotha. Toweling off sweat before tossing the used rag into the sanitizer bin at the exit, Acklay walked steadily back to her quarters.

The Mando'a was content to live in relative silence, following Rebellion orders and doing her part for the ship and it's crew's survival against the Galactic Empire. Setting her Beskar cored staff lovingly on her bunk, she quickly grabbed a fresh change of clothes, a pair of loose pants and plain top. Walking to the refresher barefoot, she quickly stripped down, took a sonic shower and then dressed once more.

Pulling on socks and boots, she decided now was a good time to partake of a meal and possibly help Thal clean up some dishes afterwards. Towards the beginning of her assignment upon the Qanotha, Thal had understood her quiet and stoic nature, allowing her to aid him about the mess hall as needed. She didn't mind the usually looked down upon jobs of the ship, Acklay merely saw them as necessities of a life aboard a vessel - for a nomadic Mandalorian it was nothing new.

With her usual passive expression, Sgt Acklay strode silently into the large kitchen from the mess hall. Picking up a clean bowl and utensil from the cabinet, she walked over with a slight nod at Thal, offering her empty bowl to him.

"Is it ready?" Often times when Kalli came in to help clean up, Thal would have some kind of left overs waiting for her, or when she was lucky, a fresh pot of something. Today it smelled particularly interesting.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06:14 AM »

Belyra stood up straight again as the human and yarkoran approached, her two guards parting to let them through. She tilted her head sideways slightly as she considered them. The human was all business, polite but to the point. From his lack of response to her, she guessed she wouldnít be able to sway him with looks alone. She shook the humanís offered hand and replied with a sly grin ďtoday Iím Captain Belyra Vekraa. Iíll let you call me Bel though if you are niceĒ. She turned to the yarkoran. ďIím guessing you are Captain Hrental then? Your comms officer told me to expect you. And not one, but two Captains come to greet me! Either I must be something special, or Iím in a great deal of trouble.Ē

Or could it be the cargo she was carrying? Or did something happen, there was something wrong with the authorization code? No, no one was pointing blasters at her, and she didn't see any more troops down the hallway. It seemed out of place to her that two leaders would be coming to welcome her, and that raised her suspicions. She looked the two beings over. This Captain Hrental must be the commander of this ship, and the human the commander of ground forces- he was wearing the clothing of a ground pounder at least. Her interest rose. Exactly what was this shipís purpose?

"So gents, what can I do for you two today?" she asked, relaxing into a casual pose. "Your parts are on my ship, as requested."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »

"I'll handle it from here, sir." Coren said to the Captain Hrental. Satisfied that the situation would be handled, the towering captain gave him a nod and walked away. With the captain of the ship gone, Coren turned his attention back to the pilot in question. "Captain Vekraa will suffice, Captain." He said, politely but sternly. "Tell me, are you hungry or tired from your travels? We don't have much, but a friend of the Rebellion is welcome to what we do have."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 01:50:06 AM »

'Hmmm, tough one indeed to crack' Belyra thought to herself. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind a bite to eat. And as a friend of the Rebellion, I'm sure you won't mind if I stay over a little while longer? Had a run in with those damn Imps back in Keeling System, my rear deflectors took a right beating. I think they might have damaged something." She smiled politely "don't worry, I can do my own repairs."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 01:59:19 AM »

Nodding, he answered. "You are more than welcome." Seeing one of the crew members walking by, Coren grabbed the man. "Excuse me one moment, Captain." He said. Whispering in the man's ear, he kept his eyes facing the man's head. "You know the drill. Scrub the ship top and bottom. Treat the ship respectfully and make sure everything is good to go." About to pull away, he paused and continued to whisper. "Take a look around the rear deflectors. If anything was damaged, see what you can do for our guest."

Returning to the guest, he gestured for her to follow. In an effort to be friendly, but still having suspicions, he kept conversation casual. "So, you ran into some Imperials.. Destroyers or eyeballs?"

Aletani
Knight Commander

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 02:02:02 AM »

::Acklay::

Finishing up her fresh bowl of stew, she set the dirty dishes to the side of the sink, and started the tap, filling one side with soapy hot water. Walking over to the small window where crew members set their plates, she deftly carried a tall stack over to the sink and set them into the water, shutting the tap off as it reached her preferred level.

Keeping quiet, she lost herself in the easy movements of cleaning and rinsing dishes. The warmth of the water brightened the pink of her myriad of scars running up her thick forearms. They were a pleasant reminder of her past fights and victories. Quickly finishing up the cleaning, she pulled out a fresh towel from a cabinet, setting about drying and putting away the sanitized dishes.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 02:22:53 AM »

Nodding, he answered. "You are more than welcome." Seeing one of the crew members walking by, Coren grabbed the man. "Excuse me one moment, Captain." He said. Whispering in the man's ear, he kept his eyes facing the man's head. "You know the drill. Scrub the ship top and bottom. Treat the ship respectfully and make sure everything is good to go." About to pull away, he paused and continued to whisper. "Take a look around the rear deflectors. If anything was damaged, see what you can do for our guest."

Returning to the guest, he gestured for her to follow. In an effort to be friendly, but still having suspicions, he kept conversation casual. "So, you ran into some Imperials.. Destroyers or eyeballs?"

Belyra eyed the Captain's whisperings with suspicion, but she kept it from showing on her face. She followed alongside him as he walked down the hallway, casually looking around her. She was memorising the way back to her ship in case she needed a quick getaway, and she automatically kept an eye out for danger. She glanced back at the captain as he spoke, and figured she'd join in with the small talk.

"Destroyer. Jumped into the system, didn't realise it was just on the other side of the planet. Damn Imps must've recognised my transponder code, coz a short time later I saw it creep out from behind the planet along with a squadron of those damn TIEs screaming towards me and received the order to stand down and prepare for tractor beam lock. Like that was going to happen!" She grinned and said "they didn't like it so much when I turned tail and tried to run. Even less when I responded to them firing at me by destroying a few of those fighters before making the jump to hyperspace. They got a few good hits on the Shadow before I could but." She shook her head from side to side, her red hair swaying about her face. "As if I didn't have enough troubles before. Now I'll have even more of a bounty on my head."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 02:32:49 AM »

"We all have a bounty." He responded. "We're all traitors and criminals as far as this great Empire is concerned." He watched the woman as they walked, paying attention to the details of her speech and posture. The word flirt came to mind. She was damn good at it, probably used to getting her way.

Soon enough, they had arrived in the mess hall. Seeing the familiar faces of Thal, Deirdre and Acklay he sat the woman at a table. "Wait here." He said, sternly. Coren moved towards the serving lines and grabbed a clean bowl. "Thal, fill the bowl if you would." He said, authoritatively. With the bowl filled, the Captain thanked the chef before catching the eye of his sergeant. "Acklay. Drop the dishes and come with me." As they walked, he gestured to Deirdre to do the same.

Coren set the bowl and spoon down in front of the smuggler and sat across from her, diverting his attention from his subordinates. "Alright. As for procedure, we're going to go over your route and your experiences during the job."

Aletani
Knight Commander

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 02:43:15 AM »

::Acklay::

Immediately setting down the towel and dish she was working on, Acklay followed with a short, "Sir." Standing behind and beside the Captain with her damp hands clasped behind her, focused on the red headed woman to whom he was speaking.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 126   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: