Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 126   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Qanotha  (Read 311890 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: January 09, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

The Qanotha was a Corellian Corvette (Pocket Carrier Configuration) which ventured throughout the galaxy, striking at the Empire. In recent months, much of the crew has been lost to the Empire or to other posts within the Rebellion. What crew remains has been forced to work outside of their experience to keep the ship running. Parts and supplies are running low, and often parts need to be created or scavenged to keep the ship and fighters working correctly.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »

The stars seemed to float lazily by outside the Qanotha's main viewscreen. Captain Hrental was leaning his elbow on his command chair's arm, and resting his large jaw on his furry hand, staring out the transparisteel wall. He knew that it was the Corellian Corvette that was moving, but had never been able to shake the feeling that the ship was remaining still while the galaxy moved past him.

It had been four days of slowly patrolling this sector, waiting for Alliance Command to send new orders. How the orders would come, he did not know. Sometimes, it was a quick burst transmission, but recently, orders had come in person in hopes that the Empire would not intercept stray transmissions. The downside to courier delivery of orders was that delays happened, and Hrental would have no way of knowing whether or not the courier had been captured.

The Yarkora Captain grumbled and hit his hand against the arm rest with a dull thwack. He hauled his large frame out of the seat and spoke to the communications officer on duty, "Lieutenant Grady, inform me the moment we hear from Command or if a ship comes put of hyperspace."

As Hrental turned to leave the command deck, he heard Grady reply with a simple, "Yessir." It was good to be out of the command seat for even a few minutes. After all, most vessels were not designed with larger species in mind, and the Yarkora's legs had begun to seize up. Suddenly, one of the Captain's stomachs began to rumble. He would certainly be able to go much longer without eating, but at least spending some time in sight of the crew would aid with the misconception that he did not care for his crew because he preferred to remain by himself when off duty. With his mind made up, Hrental turned and began walking toward the mess hall.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:16:06 PM »

Sitting on one of the tables in the mess hall, Captain Lunell played his flute. He often sat in the mess hall or the watering hole of the ship, playing the flute. The others around him enjoyed it. It was nice to have simple pleasures on their seemingly hopeless mission. The tune he played was a sad and sweet melody. The notes he hit were sorrowful, yet had a haunting beauty that resonated through the room.

The flute, to him, was all he had left of his home. The loss he felt came through his music. Coren's flute sang with emotion as he played. His eyes closed, and his posture a depressed one, he continued to play. Song after song, the melodies danced through the mess hall, touching the men and women who listened.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Alvalon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »

Jerima sat in the mess hall, in a seat a table or so away from Coren, enjoying the music and eating his stew. He sighed. Eventually he was going to have to cave into pressure and bring his lute to play. He didn't want to, and he didn't know if Coren would welcome the addition. Or he could go and help the cooks to make the best of their limited supplies.

The door opened, revealing the ship's reclusive captain, who looked rather out of place. Which, Jerima reminded himself, he was. He raised a hand in greeting, inviting the man to his table.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1882

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »

Technical Warrant Officer Thal is rumaging through the pots and pans looking for something, hits his head.

In his low growling voice "Crinking shab!"

He pops out from under the scullery counter with a large pot in hand. Catches the sound of some sort of music and smiles.

Smiles on the inside as his face does not make that particular contortion and when he tries, well children usually cry somewhere.

Placing the pot on the stove element, he fires it up, adds water, seasoning, starts chopping root veg and dried meat.

The cook who is doing his best to stay out of the Warrant Officer's way pipes up with a half smile  "Ah, what 'cha making sir, soup?"

Warrant Officer Thal "Hoth Mustgointha stew"

Cook "Hoth Mustgointha stew?"  looking perplexed  "I have not heard of that before"

Warrant Officer Thal "Well much like Corusant Anythangoesina Stew, with Hoth Mustgointha stew...anything you have on hand..."

Several crewmen in the mess all in unison "Must go in the stew!"  

Everyone in the loop "Hahahahahahaaa"

Light side points please Smiley

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »

D9 and I were working on one of our shuttles.  Routine maintenance again, needed to be retired months ago.

(When can we finish the Y-Wing?  We're so close...)

"Not now D9.  It will get finished when it gets finished.  Let's finish this shuttle and finish machining those maintenance panels."

This shuttle was going to be the better part of 12 hours.  Eating on the job again......

CENTER][/CENTER]

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 02:29:42 AM »

Deirdre made its way to the mess hall after freshly shifting into her human form. She could hear Coren's melody being played, so sad, yet so beautiful. It entered the messhall to witness Thal trying to find food. It smiled and then made its way to the food. Perusing through the selections, Deirdre decided on the Bantha burgers. Afterwards it made its way to the table next to Corin to keep an eye on him while it ate.

"Morning Captain," it said with a smile. It had taken a while to understand facial expressions of the humans, but it was sure that it had been perfected.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 03:20:49 AM »

Finishing his song, Coren looked at the current woman with a nod and small smile. "Good morning, Deirdre." He replied, "And how are you this morning?" Gently, he lowered himself to the seat next to her as she ate. The mess continued to bustle with the crew and soldiers gathering to enjoy their meals. A few had clapped when he had finished but, as usual, he ignored the applause. He was more interested in learning how his Warrant Officer was fairing with her new found allies.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 04:01:09 AM »

Finishing his song, Coren looked at the current woman with a nod and small smile. "Good morning, Deirdre." He replied, "And how are you this morning?" Gently, he lowered himself to the seat next to her as she ate. The mess continued to bustle with the crew and soldiers gathering to enjoy their meals. A few had clapped when he had finished but, as usual, he ignored the applause. He was more interested in learning how his Warrant Officer was fairing with her new found allies.

Deirdre swallowed a bite of bantha burger, "doing very well," it glanced out of the window of the Mess into deep space, then turned back to Coren, "your skills with the flute continue to improve, I don't think I've heard you attempt that song before." It took another bite, "and the ship cook is also improving," it smiled, "already better than the Imperial chefs I've tried." It saw the look of one of the other soldiers in the mess when it mentioned the Imperials, so it changed subjects, it knew many of them did not like having a former Imperial outranking some of them, especially a spy from a species that very few had ever heard of before.

"I am glad to hear that they are going to attempt to replenish the losses on this ship rather than them break the crew up and move them to other ships," it finished the last bite, "do we know what our next mission is going to be?" it asked.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 08:20:29 AM »

Captain Hrental looked around the mess hall and allowed a small smile to pull at the edge of his mouth. It seemed as though the crew was getting along, and growing closer through the battles they faced together. Good,, he thought to himself. As one of his stomachs growled again, he started walking toward the ship's kitchen and the cooks within.

He walked by people talking and laughing, sharing stories and plans for a future without war. How they could share such information, he didn't know. He supposed that the different peoples of Qanotha had become a kind of family with him as father. Still, he couldn't bring himself to open himself for the same level of scrutiny and transparency.

He reached the pass-through window to the kitchen and spoke loudly to the large man with the many problems, "Warrant Officer Thal! What delicacy have you crafted today?"

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

I am worthy.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »

It was getting around to dinner time, I left D9 to make sure we had the new-ish power conduit on the shuttle running. Still had to finish re wiring the servo motors that control the landing gear.  Once I was finished stowing my tools I grabbed a rag and made for the mess hall.  Quiet walk, rather enjoyable, but walking in and seeing the crew In high spirits always put a smile on my face.

"Morning Captain, shuttle is going to need another two maintenance cycles to be up and running again.  Might be able to have it done in 10 to 12 hours.  Anyway, what's good for eating?"

CENTER][/CENTER]

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 09:03:55 AM »

The starlines disappeared as the Wagtail's Shadow came out of hyperspace not far from the Qanotha. The beautiful redheaded woman piloting the YT2400 grinned. Another job almost over, more credits to fill her pockets. She'd need them too after the near miss in the Kreeling System. Damn imperials had jumped her, and while she had escaped the rear deflectors had taken a hammering. Something had been fried, but she hadn’t had the chance to check out what yet.

Before the corvette could hail her, Belyra opened up a communication channel. "Corvette Qanotha, this is Captain Belyra Vekraa of the transport Wagtail's Shadow carrying supplies. Requesting permission to dock.” After a short pause a gruff male voice answered back “Wagtail’s Shadow this is the Qanotha. Please transmit your authorisation code.” She transmitted the code given to her for this job and waited, hands on the controls ready to blast out of there if anything went wrong. After another short pause the voice replied “Acknowledged Captain Vekraa, you are cleared to dock with Docking Ring 1A. We’ve been expecting you.”

Belyra ended the comm and manoeuvred her ship into place. As the airlock sealed with her ship she powered down the engines and headed back through the corridors. She stopped by her room to make sure she had all she needed, and checked her two DeathHammers were fully charged and loaded. She didn’t expect trouble on this Rebel corvette, but it was always best to be prepared. She paused as she walked past her mirror, admiring her stunning looks and striking long red hair which currently fell down around her shoulders and framed her face. She pushed a lock back behind her ear, adjusted her flight suit and jacket to make sure they were just suggestively revealing enough and said to herself with a mischievous grin “time to go charm the socks off a few Rebels.” She left her room and headed to the airlock, then passed through it into the Qanotha.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »

The Yarkora turned toward the pilot and nodded, "Very well, Lieutenant Sandor. See that it is so. We need as many craft ready to fly as possible. Only Command knows what we'll face next. As to what there is to eat," he trailed off as his communicator crackled to life.

Lieutenant Grady reported, "Captain Hrental, I've just approved a ship to dock with us. The ship appears to be a YT model and was hailed as the Wagtail’s Shadow. I've sent the ship's captain to Docking Ring 1A."

Hrental grunted quietly and said, "Thank you, Lieutenant. Please let the 'captain' know that I am on my way." The Captain disconnected his comm and turned to the Captain of the ground forces even as he strode toward the door. "Captain Lunelle, join me please."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 09:41:56 AM »

Ezekiel sat in one of the corners of the mess his headdress paritally unwrapped to allow him to eat. Ezekiel was eating with one hand as he moved the display on his data pad. Studing the data he had imputed into the system, watching the Imperial troops deploy in numbers. Watching the smaller number of opponents fall back strategically, watching both groups growing smaller and smaller until the simulation ended, the same way it did every time he ran it.

Ezekiel took another bite, and ran the program again.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

I am worthy.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »

I grabbed two burgers and some water before packing it neatly and making for the door.  D9 was probably finished by now.  Needed to get those new maintenance panels machined and milled....otherwise the shuttle was going to be exposed.

I steered away from the others, didn't want to bother them with the grease and burnt metal smell of my coveralls.  I nodded at Dorne as I walked out the door.  Making my way back to the hangar, I couldn't help but wonder why the captain left so fast.  After a moments thought I shrugged it off.  D9 was rolling out of the hangar as I was walking up making a fuss about the lack of space inside the maintenance compartments.  I laughed to myself and sat down in the cockpit of the Y-Wing I'd been slowly rebuilding since I arrived.  Can't wait to get her running.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 126   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: