Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: An unexpected error when runing Obsidian Launcher  (Read 9076 times)
Akinar
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 15, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »

Hi all! I have a problem with my new emerald saber. I got it a couple days ago and almost immediately tried to adjust  it in Obsidian Launcher. I've downloaded latest version of the program and did the following:

-Ran the install.exe as admin
-Powered saber on
-Connect obsidian to usb
-Open launcher

Аs a result, the program has issued this message: "An unexpected error has occured. Please contact support if the problem persists"

And all actions the program issued this message. I reinstalled the program and tried again, but nothing has changed. And now my saber not turned on. I've tried it on two computers with the same result - OS Win 7 x64 and OS Win 8.1.  Help me please!

Lord Nihilus
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:51 AM »

yea same problem someone should make a tutorial how to use obsidian luncher v3.1.4 because v2.2.2 is so diferent than the newest

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »

Here you'll find everything about how to use the launcher (further down the website): http://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/113.htm
Did you only install it with admin rights, or do you also run the program as admin?
Have you connected the soundboard or the Emerald driver to the PC?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:00:56 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Akinar
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »

Well, the first time I only installed as administrator and got this error. Next time I reinstalled the program as administrator end then runit as administrator. But the problem persists. I tried a few more times, but it was useless.
It was an emerald driver. I think that the program receives information about emerald driver (serial number, etc), but but does not work as expected.

Here you'll find everything about how to use the launcher (further down the website): http://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/113.htm
Have you connected the soundboard or the Emerald driver to the PC?

What do you mean?

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:25:56 AM »

I think Racona was trying to find out if you had plugged the usb cable into the obsidian port or the Emerald port on your saber.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:17 PM »

Correct, Brian ^^ And Akinar answered my question before he made that quote in his post Cheesy Haven't noticed that the screenshot already showed the Emerald serial #...sorry for that. It should have been obvious that the cable was plugged into the driver board and not the soundboard.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Akinar
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »

Well, in fact I do not have Obsidian soundboard in my ultrasaber  Smiley
But I am concerned that my saber now not turn on at all. I fully loaded batteries, but it didn't help.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 03:16:49 PM »

Take the batteries out, wait a few seconds, and put them back in. This should solve your problem. As for the launcher, I still have no idea what's wrong with it Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Akinar
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »

Take the batteries out, wait a few seconds, and put them back in. This should solve your problem.

It didn't help  Sad

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 08:34:59 PM »

Still not turning on? Then I suggest emailing Emory at info@ultrasabers.com and tell him...maybe he can help you.

Sig by Master Nero

Knon
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »

Hi everybody and sorry by advance for the "Archaeology job" with this topic ^^ but I receive my first saber yesterday and I have the exact same error :/ Is this problem solved for the poster ?

Here what I've done :

- Download the last driver in date
- Install it logged in Administrator AND as Administrator
- Power on the saber
- Plug the usb in (the good one as mentioned in the tuto)
- Let the USB detection and drivers installer do his job.
- Run the launcher as Administrator => Boom Error
- Uninstall and re-install => Boom error
- I tried another USB cable => Boom error
- I tried another computer (win7 x64 on both computers) => Boom error

Like the original poster my serial number is recognized on the drivers, the only action I can do without an error is "disconnect"  (the error happen again when i hit the connect button to)

I hope that someone can help me with this :x

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »

Do you have your batteries completely charged before you try to change settings? It's important to use full batteries, otherwise you risk damage on your saber.

Also, try to change your locale setting to "United States". Especially for the Emerald Driver it's important, otherwise you will have problems changing pulse times (use the full stop as the decimal separator when your locale setting is "United States") and seeing the colour previews for FoC and Pulse Mode (the black bars in the picture at the beginning of the topic will show the colours you chose when your locale setting is "United States").

Sig by Master Nero

Knon
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »

Thx for the quick answer ! I found this on the forum ( http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17534.0), problem solved !

Thanks again Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »

Good to hear that your problem has been solved Smiley
Only thing that you need to do soon is reading and acknowledging the Rules, then you're fine and free to post anywhere Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: