Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Quick DIY recharge port install on your Ultrasaber  (Read 11537 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« on: January 15, 2014, 03:01:39 AM »

I have had this asked of me in the past and it has arrived.  The following video will show you how to install a recharge port on your Ultrasaber.  I used the Liberator V3 for this video that I am currently upgrading to sound.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0zwFVJc98" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0zwFVJc98</a>

It requires no drilling of the Ultrasaber.  You can do this with any stunt or sound saber.  If you are using a stunt saber with Li Ion batteries, your green wire should go to your LED ground since there is no soundboard ground to attach to it.  

This works awesome for grab bag sabers if you want to install Li Ion Batteries into it as well.  Great for saber enthusiasts on a budget.

When purchasing a charger, be sure to select the appropriate one.  Li Ion Batteries and NiMH Batteries cannot use the same charger.

Blue
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:09:02 AM by bluespike74 » Logged

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »

Nice work !

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:58:51 PM »

Thanks,

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 07:48:55 AM »

Hey blue a quick question for you. On installint the recharge port, how nesesary is it to use a pcb board to prevent the pack from over charging  with the 2 cell side by side 7.4 v  li-ion pack.
Thanks

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »

If the batteries do not already have a PCB board installed on them, you need to use one.  Li Ions have some hazards associated with them so anytime you can use safety features like a PCB, I recommend using one. 

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »

Thanks blue, I actually found my answer shortly after I posted. The pack  does have a pcb installed. So I figure that the pcb board is good if I where usin just the standard 14500 cells in the two aa holder and not if its a wraped and wired pack. Thanks again

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:38:49 PM »

Blue, do you also have a clue how to upgrade a saber with an old 2.5mm port to the new 2.1mm port? My Aeons have the old one with that weird black square-shaped cover (see my review for a pic of them), and I'd like to have them changed to the new ones. What do you recommend for mounting so that it looks consistent with the silver hilt? Or would it make more sense to let US perform that conversion?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 01:18:28 AM »

Blue, do you also have a clue how to upgrade a saber with an old 2.5mm port to the new 2.1mm port? My Aeons have the old one with that weird black square-shaped cover (see my review for a pic of them), and I'd like to have them changed to the new ones. What do you recommend for mounting so that it looks consistent with the silver hilt? Or would it make more sense to let US perform that conversion?

I don't have the tools to install the square recharge ports so I highly recommend letting US do the conversion. 

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »

Alright, thanks!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

anonysquirrel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »

Hi! Do you have a tutorial on how to connect the wires on the recharge port to the correct parts of the battery pack / sound board?

Ziyal
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 02:52:14 AM »

This is a great thread!  Smiley  I love the look of the port installed in the end as it looks so neat and tidy  Cool

Two questions... With the recharge port installed in the pommel like that, how much clearance space is there with the speaker? And, is there enough room for the wiring to pass by the speaker and lithium ion batteries and not be pinched, when plaited like you did? (I have an Initiate LE V4 and am thinking of doing the same for mine.)

Thanks

Initiate LE V4 CG, Ultra Edge HG
(__((((_(o(__((_]]

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 08:59:12 PM »

reawakening this thread because that is a great location for a recharge - did not know that was possible.  great work

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 01:04:27 AM »

So, how exactly do you get the wires past the speaker to the board/batteries?

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 05:47:58 PM »

So, how exactly do you get the wires past the speaker to the board/batteries?
i started looking for it again and remembered this thread - had to reawaken it...again (twice the zombie)

i cannot post the url directly because it is *the other guys* forum and the auto-filter bot is changing the domain to this forum's page.
so build the URL by placing the letters "fx" in the placeholder of this link (https://www.[PasteLettersHere]-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=37272.0)

now, back to sleep with you topic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: