Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Author Topic: Winter Raffle 2014 Winners!  (Read 46916 times)
The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »

They're so AWESOME! Cheesy

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Jedi Ru Jae Tom-e-son
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2014, 04:52:41 AM »

My sabers came yesterday and I've got to say that they are as every bit of awesome that I thought they'd be and more. The staff that I got it's just freaking amazing  Smiley sorry there is no photos yet but I was too excited playing with them  Cheesy will try to get photos up later today and a video review on the go later this week. Thanks Ultrasabers on such quality sabers and a fantastic win  Smiley great to see so many lucky people enjoying their sabers too. Everyone is a winner with US  Smiley

FinHazard
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »

Finally my sabers also arrived today. I'll put some pics and info later to another thread Smiley

Old, but passionate...

sansian
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2014, 11:30:45 AM »

WOOHOOO Sabers arrived today.

My entry was an Azure Emerald Reaper and my first prize was Dark Catalyst.

I have been meaning to get one of these for about 5 years now. So glad I got them.

Photos a little later. Smiley

Now I just have to work out how to connect them up to the computer. Is there any instructions anywhere?

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »

This is a guide I wrote for using just the sound launcher - I don't know if you have an Emerald 'sabre, but that's easy enough to work out, I think.

Download and install the Obsidian Launcher
Download some fonts (various options at http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=36.0, or at http://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm) and extract them to a folder
Make sure your 'sabre is fully charged before plugging in. If your batteries die mid-transfer, you can mess it up.
Switch on your lightsabre and plug it into a USB port. Wait for it to install on your computer
Load up the Obsidian Launcher program. Your lightsabre should power down, and in the top right of the Launcher screen you should see the serial number of your 'sabre
Clear the right pane of the Launcher window of any fonts that may be there.
Navigate in the left pane of the Launcher window to where you have your fonts installed
Drag the .lsu files over to the right pane. So, for example, the Yoda font I downloaded has poweron.lsu, poweron2.lsu, poweron3.lsu, poweron4.lsu, poweronf.lsu. You'd put one those into the Power On section. The Motion, Lockup and Impact sections can have more than one option loaded.
Continue until you're happy with the selection of fonts on the right side of the window.
(Optional) Save the configuration file - I have all mine in the Ultrasabers folder (that the Launcher installs to by default) for convenience, along with all the font folders
Click on the round button with the down arrow in it. You'll start to download the fonts onto the 'sabre.
There's a check box on the progress window. It says something like 'verify integrity' or something. Best to check it.
Once it's complete, close the Launcher, unplug your 'sabre, and enjoy the new sounds.

Also, you can mix and match sounds - Starkiller power up, Sith swings, Yoda clashes and so on.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »

Good job james- thanks. I know a lot of us need it. Especially those of us that are new to using the obsidian sound bord

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

KnightChampion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

All Jedi should have one!

« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »

Order: Manticore 2 Channel B-G stunt
Third Prize: DSI in CG, which my daughter has already claimed!

[/URL]

[/URL]

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »

Order: Manticore 2 Channel B-G stunt
Third Prize: DSI in CG, which my daughter has already claimed!

[/URL]

[/URL]

Welcome to the manticore family and congrats on the prize! What are impressions of it compared to the manticore?

Lightside points if any are given

KnightChampion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

All Jedi should have one!

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:44 PM »

I absolutely love the manticore!  I currently have it pulse to AB from GB.  It is sweet!  I like the DSI. it is a solid feeling saber, would be a great dueling weapon imho.

sansian
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »

This is a guide I wrote for using just the sound launcher - I don't know if you have an Emerald 'sabre, but that's easy enough to work out, I think.

Download and install the Obsidian Launcher
Download some fonts (various options at http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=36.0, or at http://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm) and extract them to a folder
Make sure your 'sabre is fully charged before plugging in. If your batteries die mid-transfer, you can mess it up.
Switch on your lightsabre and plug it into a USB port. Wait for it to install on your computer
Load up the Obsidian Launcher program. Your lightsabre should power down, and in the top right of the Launcher screen you should see the serial number of your 'sabre
Clear the right pane of the Launcher window of any fonts that may be there.
Navigate in the left pane of the Launcher window to where you have your fonts installed
Drag the .lsu files over to the right pane. So, for example, the Yoda font I downloaded has poweron.lsu, poweron2.lsu, poweron3.lsu, poweron4.lsu, poweronf.lsu. You'd put one those into the Power On section. The Motion, Lockup and Impact sections can have more than one option loaded.
Continue until you're happy with the selection of fonts on the right side of the window.
(Optional) Save the configuration file - I have all mine in the Ultrasabers folder (that the Launcher installs to by default) for convenience, along with all the font folders
Click on the round button with the down arrow in it. You'll start to download the fonts onto the 'sabre.
There's a check box on the progress window. It says something like 'verify integrity' or something. Best to check it.
Once it's complete, close the Launcher, unplug your 'sabre, and enjoy the new sounds.

Also, you can mix and match sounds - Starkiller power up, Sith swings, Yoda clashes and so on.

Cheers James.

Finally worked it all out tonight so had a big play with colours and sounds.

Only thing I did find is if I updated only one sound file, it would come up with a device config error. The only way to not get that error was to change all the sounds. Is that normal?

Do people mess around with the other parameters much? Have people found a really good setting for those, or is the default usually the best?

Cheers again.

Loving these sabers. I'll post photos later

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2014, 10:37:55 PM »

I can't recall ever changing the sound parameters. It's been a while since I used the sound launcher, though - I've been meaning to get new fonts on a couple of mine, now I think about it.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: