Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Prophecy - 1st Ultra Saber  (Read 2528 times)
Ivory Lantern
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: July 08, 2011, 05:05:26 AM »

Hi everybody, just doing a quick and to the point review of my first saber. It's a standard prophecy in fire orange with the mid grade ultra edge blade. I must say I'm greatly impressed with the quality of these sabers. My brother got a dark standard issue saber in SRD and that looks fantastic as well. The lighting is great and they are sturdy as all hell. This was a great decision for a first saber!

Actually, I'm quite attached to this saber and would like to add the obsidian sound board to it. If you could let me know the details of such a customization from you guys I would greatly appreciate it - also, my brother expressed some solid interest in getting his dark standard rigged with some sound as well. =)

So as far as the review, four stars guys. Really, these products are incredible. I've been a weapons collector/ maker my whole life and am just recently satisfying the saber side of it and I can honestly say that I'm glad I chose Ultra Sabers to do so

Anything on the sound customization would be awesome to hear about!!!

-Ivory Lantern ***

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:41 PM »

Ultra is in the process of creating the Custom Saber Operation.  It will be a separate website but you can sign up with a username right now (http://www.xsabers.com/).  I also own a Prophecy and wanted sound, and there are plenty of reviews of them with sound in the forum.  Rest assured when Ultra gets the CSO up and running there will be an announcement and everyone will go crazy!

Cheers to your new saber!  Enjoy  Grin

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »

You could try a DIY job if you feel up to it. Ultra set up a topic explaining how to wire the board into your saber: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1533.0
Though you would need to fix up your pommel with some holes for the sound to come out of. What ever path you take, good luck to you sir, I just got my saber with Obsidian sound in it today and the quality is amazing. You will definitely be happy with an obsidian soundboard in your saber.

Ivory Lantern
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 02:16:32 AM »

This is awesome man, I could totally do this. Is there any type of speaker that goes along with this or does the sound come from the soundboard itself? Also, maybe there is a different pommel that would fit on the prophecy that's built for sound emission.

Ivory Lantern
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:44:35 AM »

Ooops, nevermind obviously a speaker lol. Just have to make that all fit in the prophecy hilt.

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:13:47 AM »

Hmmm, Im not sure if the Prophecy takes MHS parts, but I did see one with the pommel from the Catalyst saber. That could have been done custom though so id check that out before you buy anything. But if it takes MHS pommels you can use any pommel from the MHS range, they all have sound holes in them and are nice and big to increase the resonance of the sound to give it more rumble.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 07:53:37 AM »

Hmmm, Im not sure if the Prophecy takes MHS parts, but I did see one with the pommel from the Catalyst saber. That could have been done custom though so id check that out before you buy anything. But if it takes MHS pommels you can use any pommel from the MHS range, they all have sound holes in them and are nice and big to increase the resonance of the sound to give it more rumble.

The Prophecy IS COMPATIBLE with all MHS pommels Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation there Wraith. Yeah, id definitely pick up an MHS pommel of your choice and an obsidian board then mate. Get it all wired together and you are away and laughing.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »

The Prophecy IS COMPATIBLE with all MHS pommels Wink

Grin Oh yes, I have got to get a pommel and read up on my DIY wiring...  Then again I'd be too afraid to ruin things trying to get them out of the hilt...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: