Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound HELP  (Read 1204 times)
coltonc18
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

« on: January 26, 2014, 05:45:36 AM »

ok, so I was playing with the sound, basically trying to turn down the start up and shut down....but no matter what changes I made it would not save to the blade...so I decided to just try to mute all sound and see if that would work.  Well it did....but now I can't get any sound back on it at all.  I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, when I plug it up, it shows it is not muted, and now pretty much any save I do, it says device configuration failure or something to that effect.

I tried the whole making sure the blade is turned on before connecting it, and that I disconnect it before pulling out the cable, I just cant get it to do anything now...its just quiet no sound coming out at all.

any help?  Also I read somewhere if you press f1 it will bring up a help screen, mine doesnt, it just says a little bit of HTML....and I did double check to make sure I had the right obsidian launcher, I have made changes to the Emerald, so I know that works.....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:52:43 AM by coltonc18 » Logged

Graflex CE--4 channel Emerald, sound, a/v switch, and recharge port.
Scorpion--4 channel Emerald, sound, a/v switch, and recharge port.
Manticore--(WON!!!) upgraded it to 2 channel Emerald, sound, and recharge port.

light side points please Smiley

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »

Hey Chase,

Couple of things to try... basic one is to make sure your batteries are well charged. I made the mistake of trying to change my Raven's colour scheme around once I received it without charging the batteries first. Well I won't try that again. Smiley

The other thing is to restore the saber to the default obsidian fault.

There's a recent thread from someone who had the same problem, and that worked for them.

Edit: Okay I found the thread... Perhaps try the suggestions in this one and let us know how you go. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17797.0
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:23:36 AM by Brian64 » Logged

Light side points please

coltonc18
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 02:39:04 PM »

Deep saved me, doing this fixed the issue

Please make sure this is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher or any sort or type or version whatsoever as the administrator and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher). 

Make sure the saber is turned on and then while the saber is already on plug it into your computer with a Mini USB cable.  Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard. [THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, YOU NEED TO EMPTY EVERY BANK FIRST AND THEN FILL EACH AND EVERY BANK YOURSELF]

Also, don't click read or write parameters, that is only for changing the sensor settings.  Just click write sound files after you have done the above steps, that's it.

Graflex CE--4 channel Emerald, sound, a/v switch, and recharge port.
Scorpion--4 channel Emerald, sound, a/v switch, and recharge port.
Manticore--(WON!!!) upgraded it to 2 channel Emerald, sound, and recharge port.

light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: