Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Font Uploads Have Been Dead. Some Ideas  (Read 2791 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: January 26, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »

So I have some font ideas that might sound interesting. How about a saber sound font that would sound like someone has somewhat of a big hilt, like with powerful swings and impacts and such, then a font that sounds like someone might have quick movements. Just some custom ideas really. Would be cool for my Bellicose or anyone else with a large saber. Maybe do just a Skywalker in general type font as well, like one that all the Skywalkers might have. Not sure how to explain it really. Just some ideas I'm having. This computer can't do WAV files and such. Kinda sucks but oh well.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:17:55 AM »

SPACEBALLS THE SABERFONT!!!!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:31:25 AM »

^ The Schwartz is strong in this one.

Light side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 01:42:31 AM »

Yes. We need that darned font already. Lol. I totally want my Bellicose to sound like Lone Starr's ring saber thing. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:08 AM »

and the Blasters are great too!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Darth Obvious
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:42:43 AM »

So I have some font ideas that might sound interesting. How about a saber sound font that would sound like someone has somewhat of a big hilt, like with powerful swings and impacts and such, then a font that sounds like someone might have quick movements.

You could take sounds from the game Jedi Academy (Jedi Knight 3), in which your character can change between fast, medium, and strong styles (and you can also do special moves).

So...

Big hilt with long, powerful swings? That's exactly how the strong style sounds in the game. Very cool.
Quick, short swings? That's what fast style sounds like, and you chain a bunch of swings together.
Medium is in between the other two in terms of swing length/power.

There are also the dual saber and staff saber styles in the game, which may have their own distinct sounds as well.

Anyways, I know that there are a ton of things you can do with your saber in that game, so it might be worth looking into. I've played it like a zillion times, so I know it really well (if you have any questions).

Another idea... I'm not sure how this would work, but someone could set up the saber lock feature to instead initiate a pre-planned sequence of saber moves. In other words, you would hit the button and a planned series of saber swing sounds would be played... all someone would need to do is learn to coordinate their actual swings with the pattern of sounds, and it could make for a cool, realistic-looking effect.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 07:53:37 AM »

I don't have that game so. I'm sure more fonts will be uploaded soon but I'm good with my Signature font that Errockk helped me out with. =]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: