Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultrasaber - Nickel Plated Guardian Emerald with Obsidian.  (Read 15196 times)
Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »

No, with the switch dedicated to a channel, the switch won't be dimmer. It would just behave like the switches on non-Emerald sabers: full brightness when the saber is on, off when the saber is off.
It only dims when you put the switch LED in line with a channel...for example you chose Ch 4 to be in line with the switch and set the value of Ch 4 to let's say 50. Then the switch will be drastically dimmer than an AV switch that is dedicated to Ch 4 or always on. But you still have all 4 channels available for mixing while the dedicated option connects the channel 4 to the switch only so that you loose it on the main LED and, like you said, end up with an actual 3-channel driver. The switch LED's brightness is still at 100% when dedicated to a channel.

I've just tried adjusting the 4th channel that is dedicated to the AV switch and lowering the value definitely makes the switch illumination dimmer all the way down to 0 where the switch does not light up. Altering this channel does not effect the blade colour in any way.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »

Ah, okay...I always thought it would be completely unavailable in the launcher. Thanks for clarifying ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »

Also if you lower the value for the 4th channel for the pulse or FOC then the switch will pulse or flash in time with the blade.

sandman
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -52

Dark Side points please

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »

Also if you lower the value for the 4th channel for the pulse or FOC then the switch will pulse or flash in time with the blade.

Hah, I had no idea.

Inventory:
- Dark Shock (Emerald)
- Consular (Emerald)

Wishlist:
- Catalyst
- Manticore

Smoosta
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

I HAVE KNOWN BOLTH SIDES OF THE FORCE "REVAN"

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »

I wish the emerald driver was available on more sabers for a better option but it's still fantastic

Stunt dark prophecy v3 BR ,
Dark prophecy v3 with obsidian BR

Drifter25
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 10:03:54 AM »

I ordered the same thing a couple days ago, though mine will arrive in Yellow with orange pulse and silver FoC.  Mine's backordered due to the lack of Emerald drivers, but when it gets here I'll post one of mine also!

Dark Side points!  FOR THE EMPIRE!

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »

I love this sabre, though mine arrived DVA with no FoC (why, because. lol)

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: