Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Alvor: Sat. 1 - Radvam  (Read 18553 times)
kewlkev360
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: 231
Posts: 3808



« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »


:: Lt. Kellam Styg, Human, Pilot ::
::  Shuttle  Mercer ::

::Styg cut speed and held course, the satellite city now dominating the viewport.  Beings could be seen as specks now, scurrying about on the surface.  The fighter hangar was visible and weapon emplacements guarding it conspicuously visible and tracking their shuttle.  Styg's palms were clammy and slick with sweat, nothing like looking down the barrel of a turbolaser battery to get the blood pumping.::

"Looks like the other team got the imps all hot and bothered for us."  ::He said to no one in particular.::
Logged


Jedijosh
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: 105
Posts: 1332


Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa


« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »

Joash, human, Alvor, imperial barracks, off-duty
Joash lay on his buck knowing he only had a few precious hours before he was back to repairing that blasted turbo lift motor. Trust the imperials to by the most debunked equipment for the least cred--buzz-- he reached for his imperial comlink on his side table when he realized it was the rebel comlink. He grabbed from it's hiding place under the official imperial one. He pulled it out and slipped in an earpiece, then played back the message.
An unfamiliar male voice said, "Activation code fourteen-oh-oh-three, level hazel danger."
After listening to that message Joash felt an electric thrill down his spine. Finally something was happening. Joash quickly recorded a two word message hoping any rebels listening in on this frequency would get it. "Activated, frieandlys?" He then scrambled the message so the imperials would have trouble tracing it and sent it into space.
He then looked at the clock and went to sleep knowing he had even less time before he had to work on the 'Emperor's personal elevator', but hoping that when he woke he'd have a way out or at least some Ally's.
Joash, imp barracks, off-duty.
Joash woke up he checked the private line, nothing. He got up. Pulled his uniform on, grabbed his tool belt, and walked out the door. He walked to the datapad to sign on duty, then he turned to head into waste processing and made his way to the turbo lift to start working on it. He climbed into the service tube to access the turbo lift motors. There he accessed the control panel, disconnected the power from the backup motor they'd been using and then started running the next set of diagnostics on the main motor.
Logged

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Various NPCs
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: 0
Posts: 703

We are who we needs must be...


« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »

:: Radvam Ground Control, Gibson Narpek ::

After several minutes of checking codes, listening to the message over and over again, and speaking to superiors, a voice replied over the comm channel. "Black Sun shuttle Mercer, this is Lieutenant Narpek of the Galactic Empire. We have not had any requests from your organization to approach our satellite, have not sent any requests to them, and are more than capable of handling this situation ourselves. You will be directed to land on the first open landing pad...pad four, I believe. That offer is available only if you have other business to conduct. If not, then leave the system immediately."
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth ::
:: Half human/Thyrsian, Ship XO, Lead fighter pilot ::
:: Shuttle Mercer ::

~While waiting for the several minutes of silence, Kardac listened to the encrypted message that had been transmitted directly to them.  It made him set his jaw and grit his teeth.  Then they got the response from the satellite and he hit the side of the console with the flat of his hand.~

"Kark!"

~He got up from his chair and grabbed Lunelle and Vonner and dragged them out of the command cabin where people were sitting and into the main hold.~

"Our other team sent us a message.  The Imps just massacred most of the civvies on Touk.  They were in a firefight but managed to escape.  When they reported to the Captain he assumed our cohort sold us out and the Qanotha has left the system without either ship.  The other crew has also jumped out of the system now to some other location.  Plus now unless we have "business" on Radvam, we have to vacate the area.  We can claim we have business and get them to let us land, but it won't give us very much time unless we can fabricate actual business.  I need options and I need them now gentlemen."
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: 96
Posts: 2121


« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 10:17:25 PM »

:Ground Captain Coren Lunelle:

"Well.." He replied, following the man out of the cockpit. "We do have the option of damaging some systems on the ship and land for repairs."
Logged



If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 10:55:45 PM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth ::
:: Half human/Thyrsian, Ship XO, Lead fighter pilot ::
:: Shuttle Mercer ::

~Kardac nodded.~

"Aye, that'd probably be one of the fastest and most direct ways to extend our stay.  Wouldn't be hard for me to sabotage two or three systems in a chain here that would require us some time on the ground to get back up and running, but that wouldn't cause permanent damage.  We would of course be stuck until they were fixed, but we'd at least have a legitimate landing reason."

~He looked at the other man.~

"Major, unless you have any other objections, I'm going to tell them we'll be leaving and have Styg start to take us out of here before our unfortunate luck begins.  They are going to want an answer any minute now."
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1883
Posts: 12896


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 08:19:30 AM »

:: Major Saul Vonner, Human, Shuttle Mercer::

Major "Hmmm perhaps there is something to the Touk event that we can use to our advantage?"  pauses for a moment to consider "They may have information that would carry weight here, one way or another, do we have comms with the Touk team?"
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 08:57:45 AM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth ::
:: Half human/Thyrsian, Ship XO, Lead fighter pilot ::
:: Shuttle Mercer ::

~Kardac nodded.~

"Aye, I imagine they could have intel that might be helpful to us, and the shuttle's communication system is probably powerful enough to reach them, but I don't believe we have time to speak with them, especially now that we're this close to Radvam.  If they sent us a compressed, encrypted databurst with a recording it might minimize the chance of the Imps detecting we received one and then we could listen to it.  I'd sure like to know what the other ships were that weren't TIEs that left Touk.  The radar signature at this range wasn't very good, but they were bigger than fighters.  If shavit truly went bad there, one of them might have been the scientist if that was the satellite the he was on."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:06:41 AM by Krace » Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1883
Posts: 12896


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »

:: Major Saul Vonner, Human, Shuttle Mercer::

Major "Let us try the compressed comms link and set down expressing the need for basic supplies, they may give us a few hours"
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth ::
:: Half human/Thyrsian, Ship XO, Lead fighter pilot ::
:: Shuttle Mercer ::

~Kardac looked between both men and nodded.~

"We'll do both.  If we have a small malfunction that we need to set down for and we also ask for supplies afterwards, they'll grant us the time to fix our problem so long as it doesn't take more than a few hours.  Right now they are accepting who we are and will leave us to our own devices.  I'll communicate to them that we're leaving and we'll turn the shuttle around.  We'll send off a message to the other ship and ask for a report back in the same manner.  Before we can jump out I'll short the system and we'll ask to land.  After we touch down there we'll play it by ear."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:57:52 AM by Krace » Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: 96
Posts: 2121


« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »

:Ground Captain Coren Lunelle:

"For kark's sake, keep your heads down as well." He remarked. "Act the part when you need to, but we don't need attention. Play the pirates staying under the radar."

Lunelle checked over his rifle again before continuing. "We still have a secondary objective to complete."
Logged



If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth ::
:: Half human/Thyrsian, Ship XO, Lead fighter pilot ::
:: Shuttle Mercer ::

~Kardac grunted softly in acknowledgement.~

"Aye Captain, I'm aware we still have an objective to complete.  I don't plan on poking the hornets nest.....    Until of course it's decided if it needs to be blown up with a detpack."

~As their decision was reached he nodded turned from the two and headed back into the cockpit and sat down in the communications station.~

"Radvam Ground Control, this is the Shuttle Mercer.  We understand your instructions and will be leaving the system.  Shuttle Mercer out."

~He closed the comm and turned to Kellam up in the front.~

"Styg, flip us around on a casual one-eighty and fly us straight like we're going to leave.  Here in few minutes I'm going to short the hyperdrive out.  We need an excuse to land, so we're gonna make one up.  It shouldn't be bad, but you'll probably notice a dip in the reactor, so be ready for it."

~He then began crafting a comm message to the other ship.  He made it minimal, text only.~

"Need sitrep of current situation and all events on Touk.  Shuttle Mercer landing on Radvam soon.  Need intel."

~He encrypted the message and set the comm channel to the specific frequency and made sure it was encoded and compressed and then sent off the tiny databurst.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

kewlkev360
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: 231
Posts: 3808



« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »

:: Lt. Kellam Styg, Human, Pilot ::
::  Shuttle  Mercer ::


"Nothing like frying our ride outta here."  ::Kellam grumbled, shaking his head.  He put the ship in a lazy bank, the ship slowly coming around to head in the opposite direction.  He wondered where these rebels learned tactics, because breaking your own escape route seemed like a bad idea in every possible aspect. ::

"I just knew that I'd regret sign up."  ::He said to no one in particular.::
Logged


Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth ::
:: Half human/Thyrsian, Ship XO, Lead fighter pilot ::
:: Shuttle Mercer::

~Kardac knew how Styg felt, but he had no intention of seriously damaging their hyperdrive.  He'd been around ships long enough that he knew a couple places that he could cause a short and it'd seem bad, but it wouldn't take long to put back together.  The Imperials wouldn't know that though and the broken hyperdrive excuse could be dragged out for a few hours.  He waited until he felt they were far enough and got up and went to the back and opened up the maintenance hatch, crawling down into the access area.  Once he found the hyperdrive he took a minute to find the components that would need to be shorted in order to create the failure that wouldn't completely cripple them.  He tapped the comm interface.~

"OK Styg, here we go..."

~He pulled a connection and then reversed it and sparks flew, he used a hand to shield his face as he reversed another connection.  More sparks flew and the hum from the hyperdrive cut and thereafter the hum from the main reactor dimmed.  Kardac immediately pulled both connections that he had reversed before any more shorts occurred.  He could feel the shuttle losing power and start to drift after what seemed like several very long moments the reactor recovered and power started to flow again to the engines.  He switched the connections back that he had used to short the hyperdrive and left the maintenance area, crawling back out of the hatch and into the main cabin.  He plopped down into the communications station and pulled up the comm for Radvam.~

"Radvam control, this is the shuttle Mercer.  We've had a blowout in one of our systems and our hyperdrive won't engage.  Request permission to take you up on your previous offer to land on pad four so we can survey our malfunction."
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2014, 06:04:42 PM »

::Dante Mercanti::
::Human/ Zeltron Warrent Technician::
::Shuttle Mercer::

Mercanti listened to the officers and silently switched his commlink to the encrypted channel they would be using for the mission. Once the Human sat at the comm station Dante leaned toward the cute red haired human and the Mando'ade next to him and spoke in a low voice that the officers would be too busy to hear.

"So we're just gonna fly right into an Imp controlled cloud city and- Hell, I still don't know what we're doin' here. Any way, the Imps are already antsy and our ship just jumped outta system. Now I don't know about you, but I got a bad feelin' about this."

::Kalli Acklay, in full Beskar'gam::
::Shuttle Mercer::

"Udesii!" The mando'ade's admonishment came out quiet but firm from her helmet, turning her head briefly so that the man knew she was looking at him, she continued softly, the sound slightly grating, "Take it easy. We're here to follow orders and with any luck we'll get to take down some imps. No use worrying about something that's out of your control."

Kalli didn't know if her words were any consolation to the red skinned man, but she didn't feel like anything else needed to be said. Casting her gaze down, she adjusted her HUD link to their private encoded channel for the op - to those around her, she was still - one of the characteristics of beskar'gam that others found disconcerting. While her world was vibrant and alive - heightened by the sensors in her HUD and gear, outside of her second skin she seemed to be unnaturally frozen - a statue symbolizing the temerity of her people, the Mando'ade. Only those who chose to know her would gain some insight of all of the facets of a Mandalorian beyond the obvious - and often misjudged exterior.

She didn't bother herself with the possibilities of failure, only with what she could do to make the operation successful. Her time would come soon when she would need to act - but only once her boots hit turf or things really went sideways. Until then, she was content to await orders without commentary on the situation.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:09:12 PM by Aletani » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: