Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Wagtail's Shadow, Smugglers Ship  (Read 42157 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: January 30, 2014, 04:29:39 AM »

The Wagtail’s Shadow is a modified YT2400 Corellian Freighter made by Corellian Engineering Corporation (CEC). It is owned and piloted by Captain Belyra Vekraa, a flirty and attractive redheaded human Corellian smuggler. This particular YT2400 has been outfitted to suit its owner’s profession, with even stronger engines, shields, armour and weapons, as well as numerous hidden places to stash smuggled goods when necessary. The vessel also contains a very illegal transponder unit that allows the transponder code to be changed. As a result the ship has many registries under different transponder codes across the galaxy, and Belyra has several alias.

Currently the ship is operating under the name Firebird as Belyra and her new team mates head to Alvor to complete their part of the Rebel’s mission to prevent the construction of another devastating Super Weapon.

CHANGES FROM THIS LAYOUT: Room 13 opens into the cargohold, not the airlock passage, and is a store room not guest quarters. Rooms 14 and 15 are crew quarters which are usually used as storage rooms.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:21:17 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:09 AM »

:: Belyra Vekraa, Smuggler ::

With the ship in hyperspace and the autopilot having taken over, Belyra swung around in her chair to face the others. The bothan was busily playing his fur looking very anxious and a little angry, his fur still rippling. Something was bothering him and it was time to find out what it was, unless they wanted it to potentially impact the mission. Belyra sighed softly and spoke to the point in a quiet but kind voice to Tyy’n. “Ok hun, what’s going on? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bothan as agitated as you are right now, so spill. Is it the ship? Is it me?” She sat back in her very comfortable and familiar seat and waited for the reply.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:30:09 AM »

:: Tyy'n, bothan, Wagtail's Shadow ::

Tyy'n accepted the drink from Vekraa, but he couldn't hope the container still enough to unscrew it, let alone sip out of it. As the ship jumped to hyperspace, his tremoring hand dropped the flask and it rolled under the copilot's chair. The starlines warped into a mottled, hypnotic background. Tyy'n had to tear his eyes away from the viewport to stop his knees trembling.

Luckily he had control over his stability when the smuggler rounded on him. Unable to exercise restraint on his fur, it quivered uncontrollably, telegraphing his shame to the human staring at him, demanding an explanation.

Tyy'n closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The silence of the cockpit did nothing but allude to the desolation of empty space, but it did let him command a slower ripple though his fur, rather than the frantic pace it had been when the engines fired up.

Opening his eyes again, Tyy'n looked hard into the smuggler's eyes. Vaguely, he indicated to his left side, "I used to have an arm and an ear. But thanks to misplaced trust, I progressively lost both. I have also been shot out of hyperspace, realspace and air more times than you've refuelled this ship of yours, Captain. Believe me when I say, I don't like being in a vessel off the ground."

Not exactly the truth if it was interpreted literally, but the bothan believed every word he said. 

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 05:57:56 AM »

Belyra's eyes widened slightly in surprise. So THAT'S why the little bothan was so upset! It wasn't exactly something she could relate to, she had grown up around ships and loved the exhilaration of flying, either through space or air. Most of her adult life had been spent in space. She looked at Marik, then back at Tyy'n. How could they station him on a ship when he was terrified of flying? "Ahh" was all she could say.

She didn't miss his emphasis on her title nor the comment about misplaced trust, but she managed to bite her tongue. To get paid for the job meant completing the job and for that they needed to work together, though she didn't fancy the idea of working with a being who couldn't stand flying. As she glanced sideways out of the viewport at the starlines that terrified the furry being she felt something roll and hit her foot. She bent down and pick it up realising it was the flask she'd given to the bothan just before, he must have dropped it. She shook her head slightly and looked at him. His fur was quivering a little less that before, but he was still clearly ruffled. Though if he was this worried by space travel that wasn't about to change any time soon.

"Ah, perhaps we should move to the lounge then hun? There's no viewport in there so you might feel a bit... less worried. The autopilot doesn't need me in here after all" she said trying to sound polite and understanding as she replaced the flask in its spot under the console. She stood and lead the way back down to the lounge and galley.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:28:41 AM »

:: Tyy'n, Bothan, Wagtail's Shadow ::

Tyy'n was taken aback by the smugglers sensitivity. Cautiously, he nodded in agreement and followed Vekraa out of the cockpit and into the lounge, with Thal bringing up the rear. True to the smuggler's word, the lounge had no viewport. Tyy'n thought it odd that a ship with the crew of one to be more than accommodating to the extra passengers.

Keeping his thoughts to himself, followed Vekraa's example and found a seat with his satchel resting on his feet. His posture was still at attention, unlike the casual slouch of the smuggler or the Warrant Officer. He chose his seat carefully, cautious to sit far enough away as not not offend the smuggler by the distance but also for him to have an unobstructed dash to the door.

Tyy'n reminded himself that this was he was going to have to work with this woman for the duration of the mission, so the least he could do was muster some respect for the individual if he wasn't going to give it for the profession.

Tyy'n mumbled his thanks, even though he didn't feel any better. With time it would slip from his mind that they were in space, but the swirling image of hyperspace was still fresh in his memory. Taking out his last nutrition cube, he ate gingerly.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:32:36 AM by Xaeyon » Logged

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:48:05 AM »

Belyra couldn't help but laugh at the bothan's stiffness as he sat, while she lounged comfortably. "Relax" she chided him teasingly. "Ship ain't gonna just fall out of space." Watching him nibble on his nutrition cube was too much for her, she swung her legs back off the couch and stood in one fluid motion then walked over to the galley. Rummaging in the cupboard she found some snack bars, more than just protein they had actual real fruit and grains in them, something she delighted in keeping on hand when she could. She enjoyed a few luxuries.

"Here" she said as she tossed a couple of different types onto the table near him, keeping one with some type of berry for herself. Something to eat sounded like a good idea. "If you prefer I've also got some plain old protein bars too. Or you might be able to find some real food that’ll take your fancy in the cupboards if you feel like preparing something. I dunno what you bothans like to eat. There's water there as well.”

She removed her jacket and laid it over the arm of the couch before lounging back on the couch again, removing the wrapping from her snack bar and taking a bite. She leant her elbow on the back of the couch, her head resting in her hand. “So, what are our plans? You wanted to work out cargo sizes or something right?” she directed at Marik after she finished her mouthful.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:39:05 AM »

:: Tyy'n, bothan, lounge ::

Interdictor ambush, was all Tyy'n could think as the smuggler got up and wandered away. It's happened to him before. His dark thoughts were interrupted by a crisp crackle/smack. Tyy'n gave a start. He let his nose choose one of the wrapped bars, wordlessly moving it to the closer edge of the table, but otherwise leaving it untouched; the bothan still needed all the sustenance he could get from the cubes before being liberal with what he ate.

Tyy'n noticed that his unease was having its own effect on Vekraa. Stress or frustration, he couldn't tell. She was right though, he did need to relax. Tyy'n attempted to relaxed his posture, but the end result was still unnatural.

When Vekraa asked about the mission, Tyy'n perked up. He, too, was eager to be filled in. "What is all this babble about tea?"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1882

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »

:: Technical Warrant Officer Marik Thal, damage control/engineering, modified Human...armory ::

Mr Thal looks up from his notes.

"Tea" flips a page "And more tea"

Smiles, sort of.

"We are the mundane distraction to draw a minor point of attention without drawing too much attention so that the others can slip through undisturbed for their missions, we have a few points of interest to look out for but for the most part we are a band of fairly mundane purpose to supply wealthy clients with exotic cuisines and delicacies" flips page his page "Case in point, tea...so how much tea can we pack into this fine bird wife of mine?"

Light side points please Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »

Belyra wore a bemused expression. She finished off the snack bar before sliding along the couch until she was right next to Marik. She patted him on the cheek. "Hun you're sweet, but the wife thing? Doesn't work for me. Can you see me held down with one guy for long? Sides, you'll cramp my style. Beings might ask questions if you have such a flirtatious wife, and we might have need of my... skills. That and I don't remember the good Captain mentioning I'm going in as your wife."

She tucked her knees up and rested her hands on them. "As to capacity, I think it might look a little weird if you were to fill the hold of this ship with tea, she can take a bit. If we are acting as suppliers to wealthy clients, I suggest we start with a relatively amount, with a plan to set up regular shipments? Buying large shipments might raise some eyebrows."

Looking over towards Tyy'n she added to Marik's explanation of their mission "we are also looking for proof of a communications centre or laboratory either on the satellite city we are headed to, or on another. If we find said proof we let the infiltration teams know, then we sit back and wait til we are told what to do next. Or in other words, find ourselves a nice little cantina and kick back." The last comment was made with her usual grin.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1882

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 10:27:16 AM »

:: Technical Warrant Officer Marik Thal, damage control/engineering, modified Human...armory ::

Mr Thal looks up and snaps his fingers, then laughs.

"Well you can not blame a guy for trying!"

Laughs loud.

"It was a short marriage, but I will hold the memories...bittersweet as they are, forever"

Looks at his notes again.

"We will be looking for a metric ton of tea, purchased at wholesale prices should be somewhere around 200,000 credits...so it should not take up too much space, is there something else a bit more bulky we could be looking for, that they would most likely not have, to create a wish list for another trip?"

Light side points please Smiley

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »

Tyy'n visibly deflated at the news; trained in infiltration  for more than a dozen years, after all the missions they'd had in space, the first time he had been ashore in months, and his orders were to sit tight in a cantina. But, orders were orders.

The bothan sighed. "Sir; how is buying tea on one satellite supposed to distract Imperials from our parties on the other satellites? Much less, how are you planning on funding tens of tonnes of tea?"

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »

Belyra noticed Tyy'ns shoulders droop, he didn't seem impressed. "Oh, there will be plenty of sneaking around required, that's our primary objective after all. Posing as tea buyers just gives us a legitimate reason to be there, and if the other teams require a distraction we are to provide it. Dunno what kind of distraction they are gonna need though, or how we will pull off a big enough distraction." She sighed and lounged back on the couch again "course it would be far more fun if they let us blow up things ourselves instead of leaving it up to the other teams. But I suppose your Captain doesn't want to trust something like that to some unknown smuggler."

She looked at Marik, eyes narrowing "you aren't actually going to buy that tea are you? Coz I can promise you, I don't have a spare 200 000 credits laying around, nor do I think any fool would be silly enough to be carrying any amount like that just in his pockets for me to steal." She chuckled slightly as she remembered something, and a mischievous glint came into her eyes. "Though one time I did lift more than 3 000 credits off a drunk twilek who had walked into a cantina boasting about having just won some big bet. Stupid fool, anyone knows better than to do that. He must have really thought it was his lucky day when a beautiful redhead walked up to him and started chatting him up and buying him drinks. Needless to say by the time he woke up with a hangover the next day and realised his credits were missing I was long gone. I'm guessing he hasn't made that mistake since" she smirked with a wink.

Chuckling some more her thoughts returned back to the matter at hand. "If you want a 'wishlist' of bulky items we are procuring for some fancy rich clients, you could have almost anything on there." Belyra shrugged. "If you want to stick to your current theme, perhaps some rare creatures? You'd be surprised what someone will pay for a rare animal to add to their collection or to their banquet table and I doubt you'll find many creatures on Alvor."

"Now" she said waving her hand in the air "are you two just going to stick with your names? Personally I don't like running any kind of con using my real name. If I hear either of you call me Belyra from here on out I wont be impressed, stick with Nali Miran until this mission is over."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »

:: Tyy'n, Bothan ::

"...I suppose your Captain doesn't want to trust something like that to some unknown smuggler."
Good on you Captain, Tyy'n thought sourly, trying hard to keep his emotions off the surface, though he doubted the human could read past his anxiety.

As Vekraa boasted of her con, Tyy'n groaned inwardly. He found her vanity irritating, and the story did nothing to suggest he should trust her further than he could throw her. He shuffled awkwardly, then finished his nutrition cube. He poked cautiously at the food-bar he had selected earlier but didn't pick it up.

Nali Miran; Tyy'n made a mental note. Giving a sideways glance to Thal, he ventured briskly: "Ma'am, Tyy'n is a name shared by all in my family. There's enough of us out there to not raise suspicion, the fact that I'm a bothan would be more suspicious than any name I could adopt."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »

"Nali" Belyra corrected the bothan. "Or Captain if you really must, though I usually prefer a first name basis. But don't call me ma'am. Us 'civillians' don't tend to use it, and you don't want to give away that you aren't a civilian. Best to get yourself into it now and used to it, less chance of slipping up at a bad time. Tyy'n it is then" She gave him a little smile. Inwardly she groaned. This bothan was entirely too stiff, from what she heard and knew bothans were often good at infiltration but if he didn't change his act it'd potentially land them in trouble. She glanced at Marik. He at least seemed comfortable with joking and less formal talk, but he kind of stood out in a crowd. Once again she wondered how they would pull this off. While she personally didn't have a problem with aliens the Empire often did.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:34 AM »

:: Spc Tyy'n, bothan ::

The smuggler's smile did little to soften her sardonic comments. Tyy'n wanted to vent his frustration, she may be captain of this ship but as soon as they stepped onto Alvor, she would just be another liability. Venting, however, he knew would only make things worse. He slumped into, finally, a position resembling comfort. He nodded at her, "Nali it is then."

Pointedly, he turned to Thal. "Sir, what is our first objective when we reach... wherever it is on Alvor? How are we to assist the other parties?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: