Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Wagtail's Shadow, Smugglers Ship  (Read 45154 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1883

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 05:46:16 AM »

:: Technical Warrant Officer Marik Thal, damage control/engineering, modified Human...armory ::

"We are looking for a particular scientist, if we can find him and get away with him alive that would be most desired"

Light side points please Smiley

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 06:08:20 AM »

:: Tyy'n, bothan ::

"Do we know anything apart from the name; anything to distinguish him from an imposter?"

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 06:28:43 AM »

:: Belyra Vekraa, smuggler ::

Belyra looked at Marik sharply "Captain Hrental said we are doing recon only. We go in, find out where the communication systems and laboratory are, then we let the other teams go in and do the work. If they need the distraction then we provide it. That's it."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 06:48:50 AM »

Tyy'n didn't turn to face 'Nali', trying to avoid her seeing his nostrils flare. Typical, whet your beak enough to be able to sell us out without ever putting yourself in harms way.

Indignant, Tyy'n pressed Thal: "Is that true, Warrant Officer?"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »

:: Technical Warrant Officer Marik Thal, damage control/engineering, modified Human...armory ::

"Everything noted has truth to it, yes"

Looking at both of them.

"To keep the mission on track we will be making a show of looking for the tea and high end products to transport, if we find anything on the scientist then I will decide if any other steps should be taken"

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »

Tyy'n nodded curtly. He was left with an unsatisfying lump in his stomach and a sense of defeat hanging around his thoughts. The bothan slumped further into his chair and took up the food-bar at the edge of the table. Unwrapping it slowly, Tyy'n carefully sniffed it; flavour unknown and unfamiliar, the scent was enticing. Taking his time, Tyy'n wearily began nibbling at it. Bitter-sweetily, he found himself enjoying the smuggler's food.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »

:: Belyra Vekraa, Smuggler ::

Belyra's eyes narrowed slightly as she looked at Marik. She knew what she'd been told by the Captain and what she was being paid for. She had been told recon only, that with luck she wouldn't even have to pull out her blaster. Looked like Marik would pull rank on her and order her to do otherwise, something she did not like the thought of. She was nobody's kath hound to be ordered about. Still.... it was their mission.

After a while she shrugged "fine then." She stood up and headed over to the galley to get herself a drink of water. "We've got our way in. Do we know anything at all about these cities? What they have in the way of guards, their layout? Where would be the most likely place for us to start looking for this lab and comms system? Otherwise we are gonna be flying in real blind."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 03:07:10 AM »

:: Spc Tyy'n, bothan ::

"That doesn't matter, it's a civilian city. There'll be an info-terminal somewhere near the landing pads, " the bothan interjected coldly, then a thought crossed his mind to pick up his spirits, "I could slice into them and get us a complete layout. Any Imperial activity should show up as blacksites unless we can find an Imperial terminal, then I could get us eyes on the whole place."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »

A smile crept across the redhead's face. "City info terminals are often great at being useless when it comes to delivering the kind of decent information we are after but if you can hack them...." she poured herself a drink of water and took a sip, then decided she should probably be a good host. She poured another two cups and took them over to Marik and Tyy'n. "I've never been much good with computers myself" she admitted as she handed them each a cup. "Give me an engine and I'll sort it out real quick, but computers?" she shook her head slightly. "I know enough about shipboard computers to do repairs but don't ask me to hack anything" she said with an appreciative smile of Tyy'n's skills.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 07:03:29 AM »

:: Tyy'n ::

'Nali's' smile seemed sinister to Tyy'n, but he couldn't begin to fathom what she had in mind. He gratefully accepted the cup and eagerly drank. He was very dehydrated and needed to replenish his fluids.

He paused for a moment to think. Finishing the food-bar and water, he eyed the smuggler carefully before opening the dorsal arm compartment of his prosthetic to produce his datapad. He waved it for her to see and asked, "Would you mind if I had a look at your ship's computer? Make sure the Imperials won't recognise this ship."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 08:06:17 AM »

Belyra picked up the bothan's glass and went to refill it, he looked thirsty. After he spoke she stopped and eyed Tyy'n suspiciously at his suggestion. She really didn't like people poking about her ship, and she'd already had one lot of Rebels doing so today. "They shouldn't, I changed the transponder code back at the Qanotha. The ship should now register in this area as the Firebird owned and piloted by Nali Miran. I haven't used that alias in a few years, but I only ever used it for honest work so it shouldn't send up any alerts. Considering I just got a bounty on my head you don't think I'd be stupid enough to keep the ships ID as the Wagtail's Shadow do you?" She could see her words weren't reassuring either of them, and the bothan's fur was beginning to ripple slightly again. Obviously neither of them were impressed by her lack of trust or her attitude and that wasn't going to get them anywhere. For them to get this mission done and her to get paid she needed them to trust her.

She sighed exasperatedly and brought the refilled glass back to Tyy'n. "Argh, fine. If it will ease both your minds then go for it. But don't go poking around all my systems, ok?" She hovered near his shoulder to watch what he did on the datapad.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »

:: Spc Tyy'n, Bothan ::

Tyy'n felt a small sense of satisfaction at the smuggler's exasperation and finally yielding. He chuckled to himself, anxiety now submerged, as he activated the datapad and began creating a connection to the ship. "I'll only make sure the Imperials don't see through your new ID, Nali; transponders tend to leave a trace," Tyy'n assured her.

But of course Tyy'n was going to look through the rest of the ship's system. The datapad's screen scrolled with coded information. After only a moment of manipulation, the bothan muttered, "Here we go. Your transponder has strong hardware, but the coding is sloppy. You're lucky, no one must have run a thorough check on your ID... and there we go. This should hold up under much more scrutiny, now."

Simultaneously, Tyy'n had interweaved some insurance into the system. If the smuggler was going to sell them out, a short communication from his datapad would make sure the Wagtail's Shadow's ID would raise flags an any system a hundred parsecs from the nearest Imperial outpost. The smugger would never know. Not even a good sweep of the code would raise suspicion. Tyy'n had done well to hide it.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »

"I've never had any problems before" Belyra muttered, still suspicious. The bothan seemed a great deal happier, but whether that was because she'd yielded to him, because he'd successfully fixed a problem or he was doing something underhanded she didn't know. Her understanding of code was limited and the bothan had worked too fast for her to follow what he'd done.

"Very well, you've done that now" she said hoping he'd leave her ship alone now.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »

"Captain I understand your hesitation, but you must allow us a measure of caution when dealing with someone who operates beyond our normal parameters, just as I and we all respect your position, your resources, and you as a whole...there will be no firefights or storming the castle if I can help it"

Offering a mock hug.

"I think we could have made the marriage work you know little bird, with a little more time and effort...sigh"

Big laugh.

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

Tyy'n put his datapad back in the cybernetic arm and gave a relieving sigh. He offered a reassuring smile to the smuggler, reeling off a bunch of computer jargon to explain how he had tightened the transponder's programming. It was all true, if over complicated to be a tad condescending. In reality the ID wasn't as bad as he had made it seem, but he was sure now that there was no chance of them being caught out buy a fine tooth comb.

Thal opened his arms to the smuggler and Tyy'n turned his gaze down, into his cup. He took a great gulp of the water and contemplated how Vekraa was quite hospitable despite the obvious tensions. Hesitating and begrudgedly, Tyy'n offered a small word of gratitude, thinking that it would smooth things over. If their mission was truly to sit around in each other's company, Tyy'n would have to put aside his prejudices to make the smuggler more tolerable. Once they were on the ground, he'd be a lot better at hiding it, but he had to start somewhere if things were going to get better. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: