Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Wagtail's Shadow, Smugglers Ship  (Read 48625 times)
Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »

:: Spc Tyy'n "Valkee", Bothan ::
:: Holding Area ::

Tyy'n felt everyone's eyes on him. It was made to seem like he was a figure of some significance because of the attention from the Smuggler and the Commander. Tyy'n stepped back into the holding cell, poking at his stiff, mechanical prosthesis. Something about it just lying unresponsively made his shoulder itch. Tyy'n was marginly appreciative for it, because the irritation was enough to cause a slight tremor in his fur, which would better fit the 'kidnapped-for-the-slave-trade' cover.

Nobody seemed in much mood to talk, only occasionally, subtly glance over at him, so Tyy'n pondered what everyone else seemed to be so interested in; his conversation with the Smuggler. Tyy'n wondered what those two words could mean; "signal", and why would that be "insurance".

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2016, 08:32:29 PM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth/Kaberc Shurret ::
:: Cockpit ::

~Kardac listened to Bel's instructions, barely nodding in reply.  He wasn't going to be screwing anything up.  When she asked about the power pack for Tyy'n's arm, he pondered a moment and then nodded.  He reached into his pocket and pulled out the power pack that was meant to go in on top of the one already in there and handed it over to her.~

"Simple as can be.  Open the panel, pop it in.  It will automatically start providing more power to the one already in there.  I'll hold onto the original one since I know how to get the packs out and into his arm in case he has trouble."

~She took the power pack and tucked it away safely as they both watched the hyperdrive count down.  When the timer reached zero they brought the ship out of hyperspace, but they did so in a rough manner.  One more thing to sell the fact that they were having trouble.  As soon as they knew they weren't going to be blown out of the sky and got clearance to land, Styg would go "break" the hyperdrive to complete the con.  They barely had been out of hyperspace less than a minute when the comm crackled to life.~

"Unidentified ship, you are not authorized to be in this sector!  This is restricted Imperial space.  You have thirty seconds to state the nature of your business here or you will be fired upon."

~Kardac looked over to Bel with a slight smirk.~

"You're up Captain Korvani."

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2016, 07:57:43 AM »

:: Belyra Vekraa/ Elayne Korvani, Human Smuggler/ Mercenary ::

Elatne gave Kardac a wicked grin, then dropped it and opened the comm channel, typing on the console as she did so. “This is Captain Korvani of the transport Mynock’s Bane. Got a shipment for you, transmitting the authorisation code now.”

She sent the code off and waited, her hands hovering over the controls with full shields on a slow approach to the moon, waiting for either confirmation or her sensors to go crazy warning of an impending attack. In typical fashion they made them wait. Outwardly she kept her calm but this bit was always a little nerve wracking. Eventually the comm crackled back into life.

“Authorisation code has been approved.” Elayne let out a breath of relief. “Transmitting your landing coordinates now. Our facility has shielding, as you enter atmosphere....”

Another voice suddenly cut in over the comm. ”Wait did you say your name was Korvani? Elayne Korvani?!

Elayne's face paled slightly and she made sure the mic was turned off. “Kark!” she hissed at Kardac in an urgent low voice. “I know this guy! Just... Follow my lead on this. And get ready to haul jets just in case.”

In a pleasantly surprised voice she turned the mic back on and spoke to the newcomer. “Kesa?! Kriff is that you, it's been what, a year? What are you doing in this sector?!”

A chuckle answered her. ”Thought that was your voice when I heard it sweet’eart. I'm running the security gig down here now.”

The woman forced a smile to her face. This could either be really good, or suddenly turn really bad and end the mission before it started. “Is that so? Moving up in the galaxy Kesa, you musta expanded your crew a lot for that.”

He chuckled again. ”Aye, things have been looking up. Judging by the authorisation code you gave you have some guests for us ey? Didn't pick you for that type.”

Oh, this could go very bad. Her mind was working very quickly. “Not all of us have been so lucky. Things went south after those kriffing rebels attacked me and stole my cargo. Low on creds, got harder to find jobs. Had to take on crew and whatever job I could get. I can stand to overlook some things when the creds are good.” She grinned, trying to sell her story. He couldn’t see her but she knew one's facial expressions could change the tone of one's voice. “And the credits for this are very good. I've got nine pieces of cargo for yous.”

”Human or otherwise?”

“Both. One Duros, two Twi’leks, a Rodian and some fuzzy cyborg Bothan. The rest human.”

“Sounds like quite a score. They’ll be happy. Bring your ship on down, you’ve got clearance to land on the open landing pad.

“Kesa?” Elayne softened her tone. “It’ll be nice to see a friendly face down there” she said, trying to gauge his reaction.

”Glad to see you remember me so fondly. More glad to see you are still around. Pilot like you, it'd be a waste to lose your skills.”

The comm call ended and Elayne let out a deep breath and slouched back in her seat. “That could have gone a lot worse” she muttered. She glanced sideways at Kardac. He was going to have questions for her.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2016, 08:54:38 PM »

~Kardac kept his cool as Bel conversed on the comm.  He was fairly certain that their authorization would get them clearance to land.  However when the other voice came on and they seemed to know who Bel was, or at least that alias, he was a little more worried.  She talked it out though like the professional she was, and he stayed ready for them to have to bail out in case the conversation turned ugly.  It all seemed to work out and they were told to land on the open platform.  When the comm channel was closed he breathed a little sigh of relief.  She mentioned that it could have gone worse, though from her initial reaction to the voice he had already gathered that.~

"I have no doubt, considering your first reaction to this Kesa person.  So who is he and what did you do to him, or should I say how did you two part ways last you met?"

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2016, 07:13:09 AM »

:: Belyra Vekraa/ Elayne Korvani, Human Smuggler/ Mercenary ::
:: Cockpit::

“Welllll......” Elayne struggled not to answer him back for his comment about having done something to Kesa. She let that one go for a moment, then put through comms to the two turret operators. “Stand down boys, we've got landing clearance. Sarat stand by to do your thing" she ordered, addressing Styg by his alias of Kalos Sarat.

With the other two now updated she accelerated the ship towards the moon on the approach she had been designated. “Remember I said I did some jobs with this alias about a year ago, before I rescued your boys? I did some jobs with him back then. His crew were hired to do some work for a particular underworld figure and they needed extra pilots with ships. I contracted on.” She purposely neglected to go into more detail and adjusted her course slightly.

“He offered for me to join his group but you know me, I don’t join anyone. Then I did that job, took pity on them Rebels and freed em. That ended my stint as a merc for a while.”

The woman was scanning the consoles and sensors as she spoke, making sure everything was still good. “He’s a human named Kesa, if he has another name I don’t know it, that’s all his men call him by. Back then he ran a group called Golden Neku Mercenaries, think the name came about because that was the name of his ship. He had three ships with crew under him, his own ship is a patrol craft, heavily armed, don’t think I'd want to go up against him. Crew back then totalled only about twenty, though he'd contract on freelancers when needed. For the most part his crew is pretty loyal to him, mostly human though he had a few others, usually more brutish species. Mostly men too, but he has a couple of women in his ranks. Or at least used to. The man is relatively intelligent, no genius but he knows how to run his ships and both field and space ops effectively, as well as how to look after his men and inspire loyalty in them. He has no qualms about killing, and he can't abide useless people. He respects a person’s ability to be confident and do their job effectively and as ordered. He sells his services to the highest bidder, so long as they aren't Rebels. He has no love for the Alliance or those associated with them. I ah, may also have slept with him one or two times. What can I say, I have a weakness for strong dangerous men in armour.”

Elayne shrugged, then her expression became thoughtful. “If he is running security down there then either he has been slowly building his numbers up or he has had to hire at least another twenty men on recently. We should keep an eye on them, if he has fresh blood then they are unlikely to be up to the standards of his more experienced loyal crew. That might create some dissidence in the ranks and might work to our favour. So long as we pass their initial scrutiny this whole situation should work in our favour. Lady Luck may have just blessed us. Or she may not have....”

This time Elayne looked Kardac in his eyes. “There is one detail you should probably know. Last time I saw Kesa was fine, no bad blood. Last time I had dealings with the Golden Neku however, I killed one of em. Only guy that came after my bounty, and the fool did it after my bounty had been cleared. Think the guy did it out of spite, I might have tricked him into making a bet with me that made me somewhat richer, and him somewhat poorer. He definitely didn’t like me after that, though Kesa had found it amusing. I'm pretty certain Kesa knows about it too, but he didn’t say anything. He's the type of guy who will take best advantage of a situation- if he wanted me dead he would have just shot us from the ground, not risk someone getting hurt if it wasn’t needed. As I mentioned before, Kesa doesn't like men who don’t obey orders. That guy had a habit of being lazy and pushing Kesa’s orders to the limits, if he disobeyed him to come after me Kesa would have just cut him loose. Then or now, It's unlikely Kesa would want to kill me just to make a point. He doesn’t do something unless there's profit in it, so he doesn’t waste time, resources or men needlessly and he expects his crew to act the same. That's what he used to be like anyway, let's hope that’s still the same.”

She turned her eyes away from the executive officer and to the growing moon in the viewport. “Don't expect me to be so forthcoming with information all the time. Right now all our lives depend on not karking this up, so we need every little bit of information and advantage we can.”
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:49:26 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2016, 09:31:24 PM »

~Kardac listened quietly as Bel explained her past with this man.  Some of it was good, some of it not so good.  All in all, it didn't seem like it wouldn't be too big of a worry as long as her judge of character was accurate.~

"Well, I guess I'll put my faith in that you aren't on his bad side right now.  On the bright side, it might give us an in with him or his people.  You know one of the best ways to get people to loosen their lips?  Bring booze, play sabacc, and lose.  It might not yield huge secrets, but any other tasty tidbits that we might get could be useful."

~She smirked a little and nodded.  He had no doubt that she had experience with people with loose lips when they were drinking and playing cards.  The ship was nearing the outer atmosphere and he activated the ship comm.~

"OK Sarat, might wanna go check the hyperdrive.  It could "break" at any moment.  If it does, it might be a rough ride into atmosphere."

~After closing the comm he looked over at Bel.~

"Alright Captain Korvani, since that mechanical issue we had when we dropped out seems to be flaring up now, I guess it's gonna be a bumpy trip down."

~She smirked just a little and nodded.  The ship began it's descent and sure enough, she made the ride a fair bit rougher than it normally would have been, simulating them having mechanical trouble.  Once clear of the atmosphere she flew a little steadier and they began their approach to the base.  It didn't take too long before he could make it out ahead visually and also with the sensors, doing a few "casual" sweeps of the area like any copilot might when coming into land in an unknown area.~
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:49:44 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:04 AM »

:: Spc Tyy'n "Valkee", Bothan ::
:: Holding Cell ::

The atmosphere in the storage room was tense. No one was speaking. As soon as the ship dropped out of hyperspace, Tyy'n's nerves started to shake. Their arrival in realspace seemed rough inside the cell. Tyy'n paced in his tiny allotment of space, partially to try to take control of his real anxieties and partially to keep the impression of an anxious prisoner.

He was able to keep this up until there was a noise rippling through the hull and then the ship began to feel unstable. Tyy'n's ears pricked up and the pattern of his quivering fur increased in disorderliness. Someone, or maybe a memory of someone, seemed to call out to him: "We just broke atmo." Tyy'n still felt like he was hyperventilating, though.

The tension climbed in the room as they all knew that what came next was to be handed over to the Empire.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »

::Kellam Styg, human pilot::
::Engineering::

::Kellam heard Shalth give him the go ahead to sabotage the hyperdrive.  Kellam made his way through the ship towards the engineering bay and the hyperdrive.  It only took him a few moments to arrive and once he did he quickly set about 'breaking' the hyperdrive as they planned.  He hummed a tune quietly to himself as he worked, his thoughts only on the engine.  After several minutes, he finished his task.::

"All rights guys and gals, this ship ain't getting anywhere fast anymore.  You should be getting warnings on your display now that the hyperdrive is offline". ::Kellam called to the cockpit over the ship's comms.  He stood in engineering, stroking the pendant around his neck; waiting for what would come next.::

Rough Knight
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2016, 05:14:36 PM »

:: Lieutenant Areta Viridux Duros Pilot/Intelligence Officer::
::AKA Jad DeBrek, captured transport owner/captain::
::Storage Room Cell::

Areta  sat with his back firmly against the bulkhead of the storage room and watched Valkee pace up and down in the cell. The movement of Bothans fur showed plainly the heightened tension he was feeling. In the corner Lunelle sat stony faced and grim but with one of his hands shaking ever so slightly.

Areta being Duros gave little outward sign of his emotions but his mind was racing. The ship had come roughly out of Hyperspace, shuddering and crabbing as it entered real space.  The Duros reluctantly admitted to himself that it had been expertly and subtly done. Not too dramatic, but done in such a way that subsequent analysis would back up the story of a damaged hyperdrive.
The lighting in the cell flickered and dimmed for a moment.  Areta was not privy to the process of exactly how the hyperdrive was to be disabled, but he knew from the dimming of the lights that the circuits had now been overridden and the ship and its crew were now locked into their planned course of action.

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »

Thread continued here:

Drongar Alpha

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: