Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
Author Topic: The non-martial arts  (Read 91547 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2014, 06:27:17 AM »

Here are a few more videos coming quickly as I near the end of the series.

Part 10:  This video demonstrates a variation of the double hand roll from part 9 in which the saber is passed from one hand to the other to complete the roll rather than maintaining contact with both hands.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN7wHnDgVrY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN7wHnDgVrY</a>

Part 11: This video deals with rolling the saber around another limb or hand and back into the starting hand.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNazVXHytM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNazVXHytM</a>

Part 12: This video deals with Palm spins in a figure eight pattern, on a single side, and in a moch obi/ani.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZqXzlnitE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZqXzlnitE</a>

Part 13: This video deals with compound finger rolls as they apply to single saber and reversing a grip.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRY2qpGKnm0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRY2qpGKnm0</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2014, 04:51:05 AM »

Part 14: A full version of the 1/2 palm spin from part 13.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXTfv3Id_Q8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXTfv3Id_Q8</a>

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -69

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »

I usually try and push the hilt around with a finger as i horizontally spin in above my head. i think i can get 3 rotations before it starts to loose speed and drop. Maybe finger rolls could also work. i've been working on quickening my abilities in that, i'll give it a go.
Anyways...

Under the leg hand pass. wahooo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uos7zKPwxms" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uos7zKPwxms</a>

Chemist the Phantom Menace, the kinda Sith that smoke spliffs.
Witnessing my foes getting wiped from existence
Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »

It looks like rather than the under leg toss you were trying before, you elected for an under leg pass. Good choice. It looks slick. One has to comment on the cruel irony that after such a good set, you drop the final flourish. Sometimes the fates are just cruel. Good work though and the music is a nice touch.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2014, 04:57:33 AM »

Tried my hand (or my leg as it were) at CH3M15T's under leg passes. Here are the preliminary results.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZc4CMrfKL4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZc4CMrfKL4</a>

Also completed my tutorial on dual wield applications of flips and spins featuring a timing tutorial on the forward and reverse obi/ani flips (what some of you have been calling saber juggling). I did not cover the simultaneous. Maybe later when I am more comfortable with it. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTVZ9HYMoL4

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »

heres a video i put together of various clips. Dual wielding pulling off some tricks, juggles, and new moves, general showboating
i hope you enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26tkPK2ca4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> Private video</a>

Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »

Very good stuff. I couldn't watch it originally because it said the video was private. Now that I can see it, it looks like you have got the simultaneous down. That and there are several other new and interesting things in there. Unfortunately, a lot of them require more airspace than my practice area can provide. Dark side point and a special "damn you" for making me have to find a new place to practice.  Tongue

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »

Very good stuff. I couldn't watch it originally because it said the video was private. Now that I can see it, it looks like you have got the simultaneous down. That and there are several other new and interesting things in there. Unfortunately, a lot of them require more airspace than my practice area can provide. Dark side point and a special "damn you" for making me have to find a new place to practice.  Tongue

thanks, yeah i didn't realize i left it on private. I've been wanting to show that vid for days. First edit process on youtube failed. 2nd one finally took like 8 hours or something mental to process. but yeah.Its finally here for me to boast about. but at the moment i'm genuinely Proud of some of my progress i've made doing the simultaneous reverse dual obi flips. still can't do it alternating tho, frustrating. Utilized your arm roll for dual wielding. As well as a more confident under the leg aerial. Feels easier while duel wielding... when i go for the under the leg throw single blade for some reason i mess up a lot. where as i think i've found my balance with two blades now.  And a sort of alternating plum flower variation. One is forward and other in reverse grip. I can keep the reverse grip blade continually spinning as i do a sort of plum flower move with my other blade. Thought it was awesome when i figure out i could do it.
Your inside practice space is now Obsolete. lol. sorry man. At least summer is on its way. As long as you have a patch of grass you don't mind ruining. my back yard lawn is in a terrible state now. Anyways, hows your progress with the over-head spin. and i'm now stuck as for what to learn next. Other than the alternating reverse obi flips i don't know what else to aim for now.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »

Yeah I noticed the arm roll in there. Have you tried dual wield 1/2 pal spins yet? As for me, I have found a way to make the finger roll perpetual in a vertical spin using an adaption of a move posted by Venturous. I am trying to see if it can be translated overhead. Another thing I am working on that has hit something of a dead end is a dual wield saber switch. I can toss them between hands but I want something that does not break the spin. I think I may be able to do it with a roll or flip but I have that one on a back-burner. If you want to try to tackle it, be my guest.

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2014, 11:53:54 PM »

Have you tried dual wield 1/2 pal spins yet?  Another thing I am working on that has hit something of a dead end is a dual wield saber switch. I can toss them between hands but I want something that does not break the spin. I think I may be able to do it with a roll or flip but I have that one on a back-burner. If you want to try to tackle it, be my guest.

challenge accepted . . .

that being said. i've taken a couple a cracks at trying to have a spinning saber dual switch over and kept hitting dead ends. The path i was leading towards might be an accurate high toss while hopefully completing a quick and well timed hand pass, and in time for the hand to be ready to receive the catch. dual aerial switch over is too bloody crazy, this was one of the "dead ends". but, i think somewhere there maybe a way to do a couple of switchovers. but its far too darn hazzardous.

bing and as i'm typing. surely you might be able to roll one over your arm as you also toss the other Saber, difficult to catch the saber with the arm its just rolled around i think. i'll give it a shot in my no ceiling limit practice space.  Grin

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »

The path i was leading towards might be an accurate high toss while hopefully completing a quick and well timed hand pass, and in time for the hand to be ready to receive the catch.

surely you might be able to roll one over your arm as you also toss the other Saber, difficult to catch the saber with the arm its just rolled around i think.

arm roll switch-over seems impossible, i've manage to pull off a sloppy high pass aerial switch over, but difficult to continue spinning and moving in a fluid way after the catch. after i've worked on it some more and smoothed it out, i'll commit it to video.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2014, 03:22:56 AM »

By working from a simultaneous inverse dual obi/ani to a toss between hands up front to a 1/2 hand roll and repeat, I have a albeit clunky version of a dual wield double hand switch that might work.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNCpX0aAg44" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNCpX0aAg44</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2014, 04:33:59 AM »

Also today, some work cleaning up the continuous finger roll. By replacing the toss that is done at the side with a palm spin overhead, it is more fluid. The arm still juts forward to reset the roll but in theory this can be repeated as long as your shoulder permits you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyGMbonNF3E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=PyGMbonNF3E&amp;video_referrer=watch</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2014, 01:37:00 AM »

I was trying that leg toss today with nothing but disastrous results. I finally figured out what the problem was: my war glaive pommel. The added length and bulk was preventing me from getting the rotation I needed on the toss. While my hand was all the way under my leg and ready to toss, the pommel was not clear. Got it covered with the initiate though.

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »

I was trying that leg toss today with nothing but disastrous results. I finally figured out what the problem was: my war glaive pommel. The added length and bulk was preventing me from getting the rotation I needed on the toss. While my hand was all the way under my leg and ready to toss, the pommel was not clear. Got it covered with the initiate though.

yeah the longer your saber the more difficult it is too get it round your leg. Luckily i'm a lanky bloke. I have hit and miss days with it. After a few fails today i was on the ball.
Your switch over video is awesome and makes me envious of your technique. Point to you sir. Like how your over the head finger roll spin can now be repeated. i still use the method i'm comfortable with because i can get it quite fast.

Anyway. Proud to present you all with my lastest video, which i hope you all enjoy. Should be and under the leg aerial switch over in there somewhere but its dark and difficult to notice. but it is possible.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlxBAgELjc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlxBAgELjc</a>

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: