Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Soundfont=very slow download?  (Read 7246 times)
Darth Obvious
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 05:25:54 PM »

I know. My buddy just helped me update my computer hoping that would work but now the launcher won't recognize my saber for obsidian... Emerald works just fine though. I think it's windows 8.1 that's causing the issue unfortunately. Idk how to fix this issue. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher later today.

Yeah, it's definitely a finicky program. Even when I've done everything right and I'm logged in as the administrator it only recognizes the saber about 25% of the time. If it isn't working, then I restart the computer and that usually works. Only rarely have I had to uninstall the whole program and re-download it.

I am a Mac person, so figuring out all the hidden menus on Windows has been an absolute nightmare. Hell, just getting to the menu to change the mouse settings was like trying to find the holy grail. Unlike on my Mac, the mouse settings I wanted to change weren't under "mouse settings". That's windows for you. Ugh.

Anyways, after many trials and tribulations, I found that if you do need to uninstall Obsidian, the best way is to try to re-download it, and when you do that the install wizard asks if you'd like to remove it completely from your computer. So I do that, and then I re-download it. THEN I restart, and then it usually works.

Why they made it so hilariously complicated is beyond me. But you're right, the Emerald works every time with no hassles.

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

"Much to learn you still have"

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »

I am using an ancient computer, I believe it uses something like windows 06 or 07 maybe? It only takes 15-20 for almost full memory for me. I have played around with it and had lots of fun.

Sabers I own: Shock Le in arctic blue with obsidian
Wish list:
Dark shock
Arbiter neck(part anodized gold)
Dark arbiter neck
Dark and light points please, keep it around -1 to 1
"If only you knew the power of the dark side"  Vader

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: