Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Why is my Violet Amethyst turning Red? Why doesn't my RGB mix colors anymore?  (Read 92657 times)
Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 05:38:34 AM »

you know your slightly onto something, they do have those flashlights that you shake and it charges the battery, im not sure how good the technology would be a these saber for sure draw alot of power and that recharge system most likely wouldn't hold up to the beating

lol I can't help but think of this game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzy1IE2x0c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzy1IE2x0c</a>

lemmilam
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 03:43:30 AM »

To please more people, there are now two ways to get your violet hue of choice by just using different batteries:

Alkaline batteries will produce a more blueish hue (truer to what most people think of when they hear "purple").

Rechargeable Nimh batteries will produce the reddish violet you're looking for.

This is because four alkalines make 6 volts whereas four nimhs make 4.8 volts.

aha...

"There is nothing to fear but fear and cockroaches"
[[_[[[_[_____[[[_/II)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
1 Dark Standard Issue
(__(_(__(o_(__[]IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII)
Homemade metal pipe hilt, PVC blade saber with rround rubber washers

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 03:57:58 AM »

lol I can't help but think of this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzy1IE2x0c#

I

LOVE!!!

NO MORE HEORES!!!

EPIC WIN FOR POSTING THIS MR. ANTERON  Wink!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 04:54:47 AM »

I

LOVE!!!

NO MORE HEORES!!!

EPIC WIN FOR POSTING THIS MR. ANTERON  Wink!!!

Cheesy Glad you approve. Smiley

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 03:50:08 PM »

This may sound like a really simple and commonly overlooked solution but it worked for me.  My brand new V.A. started to change to a bluer hue toward the end of the blade and more pink toward the hilt.  I took the emitter off and examined the MLS unit inside. (I don't know if these units are used in all sabers or only those that have quick disconnects.)  Upon close inspection i realized the back of the unit had come unscrewed just a little bit, so i got a flathead and screwed it in until it stopped.  I carefully put the unit back into the hilt making sure the wires weren't twisted and it fit comfortable with little wiggle room, put it back together, fired it up, and it was just like new again.  The color is now a beautiful violet hue from hilt to tip and i couldn't be happier.

Yes, using different batteries makes a difference, but if it doesn't work check your saber out to make sure the LED module is straight inside the hilt, otherwise the LEDs colors don't mix evenly enough to make the blade the color it's supposed to be sometimes. Worked for me.

It's incredible but I had the same issue you had... My blade was bluish at the tip and almost magenta at the hilt. I unscrewed it, moved the LED module a bit, screwed all again, and now it's a perfect pink... Love it. I guess it's a matter of the LED module being straight. Weird but nice to have solved it. Thanks for the hint!

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

Ander
Knight Templar

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »

BTW, is it normal for a RGB setup with sound to go through batteries like water through a sieve? I have a single 3.7 Li setup and it lasts about 40 minutes before red-shifting and dying. The GB one seems to last way longer. Any idea whether this is normal or maybe my charger isn't charging the batteries fully (I doubt it)?

Andrea Ungaro | Ander

Gaius
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Hello Jedi. How nice of you to drop in.

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »

In my experience the single battery li-ion setup goes through batteries a lot quicker than the two battery li-ion setup.  It stands to reason.  If you think of power as a commodity, you are putting half of much of it into the saber when you load up the battery.  From what I have heard, 40 minutes running time is right--maybe even a bit long.

Raven, Blazing Red, SS Pommel, Obsidian- Sekarasu
Archon v.2- Guardian Blue, DVA or SRD- QD, Obsidian- Lior
Prophecy, violet amethyst - [Name To Be Determined]
Dark War Glaive, Pyrestone with silver FOC, Obsidian, Black Claws red A/V- Enfer

Ander
Knight Templar

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »

In my experience the single battery li-ion setup goes through batteries a lot quicker than the two battery li-ion setup.  It stands to reason.  If you think of power as a commodity, you are putting half of much of it into the saber when you load up the battery.  From what I have heard, 40 minutes running time is right--maybe even a bit long.

Yeah, I was suspecting as much. I wonder how much of the load on the batteries is caused by the sound and how much by the light. Were the sound the primary cause of drain, reducing a bit the volume of the "hum" sound might save a lot. Anybody has any idea?

Andrea Ungaro | Ander

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

You can run, but you'll just die tired.

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 04:30:05 AM »

This could be the opportune time to pioneer nuclear-powered lightsabers, I think. All the benefits of near-limitless power with that omnipresent danger of dying horribly if you aren't careful! Cheesy What could possibly go wrong?

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3
Chaplain - SY Phantom LE V2

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »

So, if V.A. is turning into red, the owner of the saber is turning into the dark side right?

dtsb
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:39 AM »

My sister got a V.A. lightsaber and we took it out in the snow (at least 10 degrees below freezing) and after about ten minutes it turned Red then after we can back inside it turned back into Violet.

I can only assume that the cold messed with the saber.

So if qroon is right then what does that mean?
So, if V.A. is turning into red, the owner of the saber is turning into the dark side right?

Malek / Katarn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 01:08:06 PM »

Hi all , quick question about my sentinel yellow. (This seems like the right place)
Basically it has red days and greener days and can sometimes swap for apparently no reason have had similar issues with my dva
but i use it less so, its hard to say. When i first got the saber the back parts of the led where slightly unscrewed
I have since sorted this but this strange color swapping remains. Is it when i'm feeling evil or good?
Does the saber somehow know? As cool as that would be, any advice you guys have would be great.

Many thanks

"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." ― Kyle Katarn

Consular in Arctic Blue - Jehuty
Bellicose in Lime Green - Eclipse

Old Republic: Jedi Knight - Kaliber

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

Hi all , quick question about my sentinel yellow. (This seems like the right place)
Basically it has red days and greener days and can sometimes swap for apparently no reason have had similar issues with my dva
but i use it less so, its hard to say. When i first got the saber the back parts of the led where slightly unscrewed
I have since sorted this but this strange color swapping remains. Is it when i'm feeling evil or good?
Does the saber somehow know? As cool as that would be, any advice you guys have would be great.

Many thanks

That would be cool wouldn't it?  A mood lightsaber...

Fun fact, that was one of the the original ideas for SW.  The idea was that the wielder would provide the lightsaber color - hence if Vader picked up a Jedi saber it would be red.

Anyway, sorry for that diversion.  What kind of batteries do you have?  Regular or Li-ion?

Malek / Katarn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »

Li -ion batts and even fully charged the problem persists

i do like the idea of a mood saber though maybe i should just try and enjoy it?

"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." ― Kyle Katarn

Consular in Arctic Blue - Jehuty
Bellicose in Lime Green - Eclipse

Old Republic: Jedi Knight - Kaliber

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

Li -ion batts and even fully charged the problem persists

i do like the idea of a mood saber though maybe i should just try and enjoy it?

IDK why the problem persists but I can tell you why it's green and red.

It has to do with the tuning of the RGB LED. For w/e reason Green and Red make yellow light.

Hope it can be sorted for you.

Could you imagine a mood saber in the hands of like Goku or something?

It's blue and then he just loses his crap and it bursts into Yellow when he goes Super Saiyan. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: