Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Why is my Violet Amethyst turning Red? Why doesn't my RGB mix colors anymore?  (Read 92694 times)
Dalian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -12

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 10:36:33 PM »

So are these RGB issues a common thing? Or is it just a freak accident?  I'm about to order my first saber in DVA, and I don't want to have to send it back right away.

"The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." - Darth Nox

((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR/VA Phantom LE V3

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »

So are these RGB issues a common thing? Or is it just a freak accident?  I'm about to order my first saber in DVA, and I don't want to have to send it back right away.

They're quite rare, actually. Since it's a forum color though, be warned the color might not turn out perfect(ex: miney DVA is almost completely blue). It can be rectified with Lee Filters or Color Disks though.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »

And remember, CHARGE THE BATTERIES BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

temu
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:12 PM »

was hoping to see a solution to my problem but oh well...Key problem with my RGB.. the Red overrides the other colors without any mixing.  Doesn't matter what color is on.. try adding red.. and it turns red.  It happened shortly after the second battery recharge.  It happened prob second week i had it with no real "use" other then turning it on to show people so no hard use or jolts.

Dalian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -12

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »

was hoping to see a solution to my problem but oh well...Key problem with my RGB.. the Red overrides the other colors without any mixing.  Doesn't matter what color is on.. try adding red.. and it turns red.  It happened shortly after the second battery recharge.  It happened prob second week i had it with no real "use" other then turning it on to show people so no hard use or jolts.

I'd email them (shipping@ultrasabers.com), your saber should still be under warranty, and they'll get right back to you. I had a problem and get a response in 3 hours (at 10pm their time).  Just don't try to fix the electronics yourself or you'll void it.

"The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." - Darth Nox

((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR/VA Phantom LE V3

temu
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »

Ultrasabers helped identify the problem like the pros they are Smiley, it ended up being a fully dead battery.. that's why the problem was there after a full charging.  Thank god it was something simple.. i'm not a electronics expert.  Posting so that i can give a public yell out of "Thanks guys! to the Ultrasaber team, and so that if someone in the future hits the problem they can check to see if the charger reads green when the batteries are dead.

Mordschlag
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

any points are good points

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »

I thought I'd pop this up here. I have a month old Aeon V3 that has Guardian Blue with VA for FoC. My FoC is sometimes a red then after a bit of being on turns pink. Here's the question though: When I have charged the L-Ion atteries the last two times one is dead/needing charge (red light on charger) the other one is fine (green light on charger). Is this a dying battery? Is this a symptom anyone has seen before?

Mordschlag
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

any points are good points

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 09:09:35 PM »

Well, I emailed Ultrasabers and Emory got back in touch with me. They are sending me some complimentary batteries. Thank you Ultrasabers!

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:07 AM »

Hey my sentinel Yellow LED just started turning Green with a yellow flicker. What does that mean? Is it that the Red diode is burning out or something?

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

J. Burke
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »

you know your slightly onto something, they do have those flashlights that you shake and it charges the battery, im not sure how good the technology would be a these saber for sure draw alot of power and that recharge system most likely wouldn't hold up to the beating

Count +1 for me. I am not also sure what is current position but i think you are quite right for this one.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »

The wire on the red lead might be loose by the resistor. I crunched a resistor putting the MLS in my Archon, and a little bit too much pressure broke the pin off the resistor. I ended up removing the resistor for a more amber color, then after I carelessly broke the other resistor, I rewired mine into a BR/AS module. I will definitely go for SY again in the future, and be a lot more careful taking it out and putting it back in my hilts. Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

Hey my sentinel Yellow LED just started turning Green with a yellow flicker. What does that mean? Is it that the Red diode is burning out or something?

How old is the LED and is it a wall mount I mean always running with a recharge port

J. Burke
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2013, 07:52:47 AM »

So if it wouldn't hold up to the beating,what will happen?

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »

Hello everyone!

I was looking for this set batterys but now i stumbled over this thread and i am not so sure anmore if the 1.5 Volts are acceptible...

I have a violett blade and i am looking for the windu colour.

http://www.amazon.de/Varta-Batterie-Lithium-Mignon-st%C3%BCck/dp/B004RPMHBE/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1371149736&sr=8-46&keywords=varta+akkus+aa

Can i use this batterys?
In tests they seem to rock nearly anything out of theyr socks for that price...

If there is another battery more fitting i dont care what it costs as long as it is the right colour.

Sidestory...

Yesterday night i was practicing a form i am trying to translate from talhofer to a dual blade saber with my little sister and then in the middle of the training my saber turned red...!

My sister asked me then if i am angry or something and i was wondering why? Then i recognized my red blades ^^

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »

Update:

I just found these...

http://www.amazon.de/2%C3%97Ultrafire-18650-3200mAh-wiederaufladbare-gesch%C3%BCtze/dp/B00AC0R97U/ref=sr_1_10?s=ce-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1371150727&sr=1-10&keywords=3.7V+Li-Ion

They are the original batterys right?
When nobody found a better set i would just go with them then...

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: