Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Why is my Violet Amethyst turning Red? Why doesn't my RGB mix colors anymore?  (Read 91926 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« on: January 06, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »

If your Violet Amethyst has turned red or
If your SRD/AB has turned Green or
If your RGB saber doesn't mix colors properly anymore or
If your blade looks dimmer than usual:

that is usually a sign that your batteries are dead or dying.

Please try using a BRAND NEW set of batteries and that should get everything back in full swing or

If you have the Li-Ion setup, the CHARGE YOUR BATTERIES.

Enjoy!  
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:08:54 PM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »

batteries are just the root of all troubles, US needs to just come up with an infinite power source that fits in the hilt like a real saber Tongue

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:12:40 AM »

Or maybe we can attach some propellers to the hilt that turns a generator attached to the LED so the saber will light up when you swing it and won't need batteries!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ok, maybe not.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:14:36 AM »

Or maybe we can attach some propellers to the hilt that turns a generator attached to the LED so the saber will light up when you swing it and won't need batteries!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ok, maybe not.
you know your slightly onto something, they do have those flashlights that you shake and it charges the battery, im not sure how good the technology would be a these saber for sure draw alot of power and that recharge system most likely wouldn't hold up to the beating

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »

Put a wheel with a dynamo near the pommel and have a guinea pig run in the wheel. tadaa. infinite energy until guinea pig dies.
Or ignite the blade with some sort of reflective material in the blade and wait until the light strays have covered the entire thing then turn of the saber. the light will keep reflecting and we will have infinite light  Grin

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:18 AM »

I advise that every proud owner of an ultrasaber should buy rechargeable NiHM batteries, I have an RGB and I can burn through a set of batteries in a day, they save you so much guilt in battery consumption, just charge them while you sleep and play all day long.

Also, the dynamo idea is actually what powers those flashlights, its all about the efficiency in the generator (basically a motor you spin manually) and the amount the capacitor can hold. Within probably 10 years technology will easily allow this...

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »

Sjorsjo91, i have tried this. The guinea pig got a concussion while i was doing some saber spins.

wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 10:29:34 PM »

Or try airsoft grade rechargeable batteries, like Lipo for example.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »

Yes, I put in new Duracell batteries and when i turned on my Initiate v2. Instead of it being the bright violet it was when I first opened it christmas morning (note the batteries where already in there, the ones it came with and had been sitting off in the box for about a week or two.) It was a indigo, like a pale but close mace windew. Is there anything wrong. I am afraid it is too blueish and not redish enough to give me the actual violet color.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »

To please more people, there are now two ways to get your violet hue of choice by just using different batteries:

Alkaline batteries will produce a more blueish hue (truer to what most people think of when they hear "purple").

Rechargeable Nimh batteries will produce the reddish violet you're looking for.

This is because four alkalines make 6 volts whereas four nimhs make 4.8 volts.

Aelde Renn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »

I've tried new batteries a few times, but it stays the same.  The first couple of inches of the blade (closest to the hilt) are violet, the rest is blue.  I've finally got a decent camera, so I'll try to get a good pic and post it later.  In a way, it's kind of a neat effect, I just wonder why it's doing it.

ProjectBlacksaber
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Master of the Shadow Arts. Darkest of them all.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »

To please more people, there are now two ways to get your violet hue of choice by just using different batteries:

Alkaline batteries will produce a more blueish hue (truer to what most people think of when they hear "purple").

Rechargeable Nimh batteries will produce the reddish violet you're looking for.

This is because four alkalines make 6 volts whereas four nimhs make 4.8 volts.

So, alkalines for a deeper hue?

Awesome. Now let me run to Wal-Mart...

LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »

you know your slightly onto something, they do have those flashlights that you shake and it charges the battery, im not sure how good the technology would be a these saber for sure draw alot of power and that recharge system most likely wouldn't hold up to the beating

You know, If you did that then you would turn your saber into a shake weight !  Probly not a good move lol

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 06:56:41 PM »

So will rechargeable NiHM batteries affect Blazing Reds color?

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »

My Wraith v.2 has an RGB set to orange, but recently it only comes out red, even after a full charge. The only time I see orange is when it is hooked up to the charger and I turn it to the half power setting, however once I unplug it, it goes back to just red.

Could the green diode be faulty?

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: