Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Why is my Violet Amethyst turning Red? Why doesn't my RGB mix colors anymore?  (Read 91938 times)
Elloel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »

Update:

I just found these...

http://www.amazon.de/2%C3%97Ultrafire-18650-3200mAh-wiederaufladbare-gesch%C3%BCtze/dp/B00AC0R97U/ref=sr_1_10?s=ce-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1371150727&sr=1-10&keywords=3.7V+Li-Ion

They are the original batterys right?
When nobody found a better set i would just go with them then...

hey all thought id pipe up since there seems to be some confusion... the Li_ion batteries that Ultra sells are trustfire 14500 3.7v volt 900 Mah cells... if you are looking for cells to replace any you lost or have gone bad... the above mentioned cells are 1.5 volt which means that they are roughly Half the voltage of the ultra versions... and thus wont drive your LED correctly... if you are getting colors that are off.. its almost ALWAYS a dead cell or not the right voltage with the cell (ie someone using two energizers instead of two trustfires in a violet  saber will almost alwats make a RED blade... if it drives the LEDs at all, that being said, you always want the 14500 size at 3.7 volts and 900 Mah - the 14650 is a LARGER cell and wont fit at all... there is a variant of the 14500 that's got a surge protector on it and you can find those at amazon as well, they are covered in black/red flames and are called trustfire 14500 protected. generally if an LED fails it just fails outright it doesn't "fade"  - however you can have color variance across two similar setups as electronic standards allow in some cases up to 20% variance on the ability of parts. (i think for most of what ultra does its like 5%). in any case thought id drop this line in.

Dan Morningstar
Jedi Master Yen Sid - Saber Guild Temple Prime
Grey Jedi Askai Katani/ DArth Malygnus - Jen'ari The Dark Empire

2x Initiate V3 - Green
1x Initiate V3LE - Blue
1xDominix  - Magenta - Nano Biscotti 1.0
1xDark Warglaive - DVA - Nano Biscotti - FoC Amber
1x Ep5 Darth Vader - red - Nano Biscotti - FoC White
1x Custom MHS - Cyan - Petit Crouton 2.0

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

"Much to learn you still have"

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »

batteries are just the root of all troubles, US needs to just come up with an infinite power source that fits in the hilt like a real saber Tongue

TOMY STARK? Where are you?

Sabers I own: Shock Le in arctic blue with obsidian
Wish list:
Dark shock
Arbiter neck(part anodized gold)
Dark arbiter neck
Dark and light points please, keep it around -1 to 1
"If only you knew the power of the dark side"  Vader

Yiggysaw
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -59

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »

Good day, chaps.
I have a no sound Dark Initiate V3 in DVA and Li-Ion + buckpuck setup, 2 batteries. I've had it for about a week now and I've noticed that after using it for a while (can't really say how long) it just turns off, not turning red before like the VA does. I can't turn it on unless I take one of the batteries out and put it in again, then it lights up for a couple of seconds then dies again.
I assume this is because of the batteries just running out of charge, if I charge the batteries it works just fine until I've used it for a while and then the same thing happens again. I just wanted to check if this is normal for the DVA.
I also assume that it is not turning red before dying because of the fiddling with the red in the DVA LED. Am I right?
Thanks!

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

They only turn red before dying if you are using a standard, 4xAAA battery setup.  With a standard battery setup, the batteries slowly lose voltage as they discharge and the blue LED fades out first since it requires higher voltage to operate than the red one does.  So, the red one stays on longer, toward the end of your battery life.

You are using a buck puck and it uses the voltage in a different way.  Someone smarter than me can explain, but with the buck puck the saber simply "cuts off" when the voltage gets too low, and it does not fade out.

What you are experiencing is totally normal.  I recommend keeping 2 extra pairs of batteries for each Li-Ion saber that you own.

Enjoy your new saber!

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Yiggysaw
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -59

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »

They only turn red before dying if you are using a standard, 4xAAA battery setup.  With a standard battery setup, the batteries slowly lose voltage as they discharge and the blue LED fades out first since it requires higher voltage to operate than the red one does.  So, the red one stays on longer, toward the end of your battery life.

You are using a buck puck and it uses the voltage in a different way.  Someone smarter than me can explain, but with the buck puck the saber simply "cuts off" when the voltage gets too low, and it does not fade out.

What you are experiencing is totally normal.  I recommend keeping 2 extra pairs of batteries for each Li-Ion saber that you own.

Enjoy your new saber!

Oh I see, that explains it. Thank you! Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2014, 07:04:57 AM »

Its a different color but you notice it greatly in Sun Rider's Destiny and sometimes Arctic Blue. I had Sun Rider's Destiny stunt saber once and when the batteries would start to die it turned more deeper green same with the Arctic Blue I still have on my Overlord. So fresh batteries for stunt RGB's is a must.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »

Or maybe we can attach some propellers to the hilt that turns a generator attached to the LED so the saber will light up when you swing it and won't need batteries!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ok, maybe not.

hook it up to a petal generator. so in order to power the sabe you have to pedal a stationary bike.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

djroberts
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »

My son's ultrasaber started doing this recently. We put in brand new tested batteries and it still happens. It would flicker red when he swings it. At one point it simply turned red and stayed there for about 30 minutes. After swinging it around it turned back Violet Amethyst. It's back to VA for now but this has been pretty common with this saber.

Besides batteries, what else could be the cause?

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2016, 12:38:18 AM »

Loose wire to the blue diode on the LED?

A loose battery?  If power is reduced enough the blue will cut out first.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

@hsokafan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 65531

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2016, 12:07:15 PM »

Solar power!!!

Lightside points. May the force be with you!!😉
14 Sabers:
Initiate LE V2 (3 of them) 1 green 2 bright green (Phantasm V2)
Dark Initiate LE V4 lite sound 24" UE MG, windows, AS with color discs use my GB blade for practice.
More fun color discs!!!😃
Dark Initiate V4 BR 24" UE MG, silver v2 coupler
Black coupler
RGB Manticore 36" UE HG sound FoC AS Covertec
RGB Dominix 36"
Archon V3.1 AS FOC AB
Rgb Dominix w covertec
Initiate LE V4 GB
Dark Apprentice LE V4 SRD
Sentinel V4 LE BR
PHANTOM V2 SRD (2 DOMINIX)

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2016, 01:24:37 AM »

Thanks for the heads up deep

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Loganj2000
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -12

Dark side plz...

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2016, 07:38:00 AM »

If your Violet Amethyst has turned red or
If your SRD/AB has turned Green or
If your RGB saber doesn't mix colors properly anymore or
If your blade looks dimmer than usual:

that is usually a sign that your batteries are dead or dying.

Please try using a BRAND NEW set of batteries and that should get everything back in full swing or

If you have the Li-Ion setup, the CHARGE YOUR BATTERIES.

Enjoy!  

Lmao...
I read "if your blade looks dimmer than usual", I saw "if your babe looks dimmer than usual"
Lmao... "Nope, shes usually this dull..."
And in throuh my head go all of the other possible answers to that questions.... Grin

On serious note, thank you for putting this up, and it is unfortunate that we rely on these little cells of energy to power our peace keeping, or rage mongering, or ... Gray??? Weapons of which we hold dear...
So yeah...
Thanks yinz!

I find it funny really. Every time i hear that song of "Neither side is correct" and that whole "embrace all passions" i find myself thinking... Thats what sith are, its at least what mine are... The jedi are compassionate too...

We only misjudge each other due to extremists...

PinkSparkleDroid
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »

Which batteries would be most recommended if you have the standard AAA set-up? I have the Bane's Heart color and I have successfully turned it from bright pink to deep red within minutes, multiple times using Energizer batteries. If not, how difficult would it be to exchange for an Li rechargeable battery set-up? Thanks!

*Also, shout-out to the kind Ultrasabers Jedi I ran into tonight who helped me pinpoint this problem in Frontierland's pin shop in Disneyland!

Leefer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

12!

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2017, 10:52:07 PM »

Shake weight batteries!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Phantom obsidian *Angelina*
Crimson Scorpion with claw Diamond *Scarlett*
Reaper obsidian *Ripley*
Scorpion emerald *Milla*

A weapon without a name will betray you.

OAK1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -13

Say When

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2017, 10:10:39 PM »

Fuel cell.

All is as the Force wills it. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: