Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Faster Swings Help  (Read 5036 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: February 14, 2014, 10:07:51 AM »

So how would I make my swings faster? I want my Bellicose almost movie like. Faster swings and impacts only when blades clash. Thanks for any help. Should be getting me a new battery and charger set here soon so I can start playing around with my Bellicose again. I don't want the swings too fast though but just slightly. I'll mostly be using the TOR font.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »

do you mean faster sounds and responses from the sound board for the fonts??... or do you mean actually spinning your saber faster?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »

Just faster responses from the main swings. Mines set kinda low right now and I don't really know how to make the swings faster. My Bellicose is dead right now though until I can get new batteries but any help early would be great. I have the impacts the way I like it though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »

Try adjusting the motion threshold and/or the motion integration time via the launcher...the lower the setting the better will the detection be.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »

Try adjusting the motion threshold and/or the motion integration time via the launcher...the lower the setting the better will the detection be.

This along with a physically short sound clip will give this effect. We'll see if I can get some of the sounds you sent to me to do this, Zren.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 06:24:31 PM »

This along with a physically short sound clip will give this effect. We'll see if I can get some of the sounds you sent to me to do this, Zren.
see you've always been helpful at least as much I've seen

Lightside points if any are given

Unubis
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -20

Sith By Birth

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 08:34:01 AM »

I have been looking into this for a while and with advice from Eerokk I have found my solution was to modify the Swing/Motion sound fonts with Audacity sound editor reducing the time but not to chop the sound font down, making sure the pitch stays the same. Then converting them to LSU files. It has worked for me as my favorite font is the Black Star which goes well with my Sith Manticore/Guardian (Manticore with Guardian pommel).

Also to make changes to your motion threshold etc which I also got from a post by Eerokk.

May The Dark Side

Be With You...

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »

I have found my solution was to modify the Swing/Motion sound fonts with Audacity sound editor reducing the time but not to chop the sound font down, making sure the pitch stays the same.

That's the secret right there! It's just a trim of a few milliseconds but it makes all the difference! Great news, Unubis! DS point!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Unubis
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -20

Sith By Birth

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 12:32:08 AM »

That's the secret right there! It's just a trim of a few milliseconds but it makes all the difference! Great news, Unubis! DS point!

Many thanks Errokk. You are the master of sound and following your advice has helped me. As well as Emorys advice on connecting my saber to the pc properly.

May The Dark Side

Be With You...

Jedi_Guardian_
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

There is no emotion, there is peace

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 11:51:39 PM »

I have been looking into this for a while and with advice from Eerokk I have found my solution was to modify the Swing/Motion sound fonts with Audacity sound editor reducing the time but not to chop the sound font down, making sure the pitch stays the same. Then converting them to LSU files. It has worked for me as my favorite font is the Black Star which goes well with my Sith Manticore/Guardian (Manticore with Guardian pommel).

Also to make changes to your motion threshold etc which I also got from a post by Eerokk.
How do you import the sound files into audacity?

A wall between the republic and its enemies, the Jedi Guardian stands firm in the face of overwhelming odds and dares opponents to attack.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 03:23:44 AM »

I got it figured out finally. I think the impacts might be kinda touchy though but I like my settings where they're at. And I forget how you import files to original .wav to audacity. Been awhile.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »

It's been my experience that you're never gonna have movie quality SFX unless you hire a foley artist. On factory settings, my sabers' motion sound goes off just from me walking. Don't get me wrong, the Obsidian Board does a fantastic job, considering that all the sensors are right there on the board. But the blade isn't what's making the sound. Until we get real ones, just keep dreaming.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 11:36:51 PM »

Lol. I know right. XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: