Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grey Jedi Soundfont?  (Read 4091 times)
Sonicboomish
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -6

« on: February 14, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »

Good afternoon everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knew any soundfonts that would go with a neutral/grey jedi type of saber.

I like the idea of a jedi master who started to care about only himself, so not really evil but does things to benefit himself (like a smuggler in swtor Smiley )

I've had a play around, I have a sith power on/off with jedi hum/swings and a mix of clashes. But the hums don't really match and none of the sounds seem to go nicely when I do a mash-up.

So yeah, Just wondered if there was a mixed soundfont that works well out there?

Thanks for your help in advance

Proud Manticore owner (Consular Green)
Dark/Grey Jedi so dark points please!

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »

Honestly it's hard to define the sound of a lightsaber. Light sided fonts are generally higher pitched, while Dark Sided fonts are generally lower and more powerful sounding. However, honestly Lightsabers make a variety of noises that are generally very similar. I'd suggest looking through the Sound Font board and looking at the reviews until you find one you like.

Meerkat
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

Light Side Points Appreciated. Thank You!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:39:14 PM »

See, I would just scour all of the fonts and take the sounds you think sound the best. It would be an absolute mash up, but it would definitely be unique

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/7cb35f65a6f85ee0.png[/img]

Sabers: Alot, and more on the way. Feed the addiction!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »

Or if you want just something new for a Grey Jedi sounding font, make it just slightly high pitched, like in between. So deep but not too deep meanly sounding. Make the swings kind of high pitch, the hum with some rattle maybe, the impacts powerful and slightly high pitched, lockup somewhat deep, same with the power on and off. Hope this helps. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sonicboomish
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys,

I think I must have gone through about 20 soundfonts already! haha, I'm very picky Smiley

I've got it pretty much there,

A quick "burst" sounding power on/off, deep hum,

And I took a "sith" lockup, and had play around with the pitch to make it less evil sounding.

It's hard being a grey jedi haha. Everything is either good/bad, never in the middle!

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys,

I think I must have gone through about 20 soundfonts already! haha, I'm very picky Smiley

I've got it pretty much there,

A quick "burst" sounding power on/off, deep hum,

And I took a "sith" lockup, and had play around with the pitch to make it less evil sounding.

It's hard being a grey jedi haha. Everything is either good/bad, never in the middle!

Well the thing about that is....it's a machine that makes a sound. While some sounds are "good" and some are "evil", machines are generally neutral so it's up to the person using it to decide.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »

Well the thing about that is....it's a machine that makes a sound. While some sounds are "good" and some are "evil", machines are generally neutral so it's up to the person using it to decide.

I personally use the Vader font on my Consular Green Bellicose as my standard font there. Jedi sabers can growl too!

Jedi, Sith, or Grey, it's your actions only that determine your alignment. That said, what do you WANT your saber to sound like? That's where I come in. Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »

I personally use the Vader font on my Consular Green Bellicose as my standard font there. Jedi sabers can growl too!

Jedi, Sith, or Grey, it's your actions only that determine your alignment. That said, what do you WANT your saber to sound like? That's where I come in. Smiley

Haha, Elegia has the ROTJ Luke Skywalker font on it. Redemption has a Mixture of Dooku and Episode I.

Sonicboomish
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »

I've got a pretty good soundfont put together now Smiley chuffed.

But that awkward moment when you accidentally put a mario coin noise in with your clashes...

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »

Haha, you downloaded my Mario Soundfont? Very nice. I wasn't sure if anybody other than Eerock actually took from it. =)

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »

I've got a pretty good soundfont put together now Smiley chuffed.

But that awkward moment when you accidentally put a mario coin noise in with your clashes...

LOL!! Leave it in and film a demo, please!!  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Meerkat
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

Light Side Points Appreciated. Thank You!

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »

So... is there a sound font where the hum sounds like bacon frying? I want to mouth water my opponents into submission.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/7cb35f65a6f85ee0.png[/img]

Sabers: Alot, and more on the way. Feed the addiction!

Sonicboomish
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »

Haha, you downloaded my Mario Soundfont? Very nice. I wasn't sure if anybody other than Eerock actually took from it. =)

Dude how could I NOT download it?! "Lol my lightsaber makes mario noises". Had to be done

LOL!! Leave it in and film a demo, please!!  Grin

I will! Smiley I think I'll do a video review of my saber, it's my first one and I'm just so happy with it! I'll review my bro-in-law's one too, he got a guardian blue liberator in a grab bag today Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: