Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Legacies He Left  (Read 8204 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: February 15, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »

I know that there are many stories that I begin to show on this forum, and I tend to leave them unfinished as I move to other pursuits. That said, this is one that can continue and be a receptacle for many short stories. This is inspired by Manroon's War Letters series, and will be an ongoing series of interviews. Without further ado, enjoy as I open the doors for my series: The Legacies He Left.

The Legacies He Left

"Good evening and welcome to our show. We all tend to either romanticize or demonize relationships as the years go by, no longer truly remembering them as they actually where. When you add that to the fact that we all wear many faces through our lives and that we often become different people through different periods of our lives, it is conceivable that if you were to sit down with everyone you ever knew, they would all remember you differently.

In The Legacies He Left, what he was named and what called himself is unimportant. What is important is the impact that he left on each one and the stories that will be told. He was saint and sinner, lover and fighter, failure and success, prince and pauper. All those whose lives he touched remember him differently and as they are interviewed tonight, his life will be revealed. Though he will undoubtedly seem larger than life to our viewers, this reporter is of the opinion that a life lived fully will always seem larger than one lived solely for self.

Through these interviews, we will hear the stories he left in his wake and bear witness to the lives that he was able to change. Please join with me as we discover The Legacies He Left."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:55:39 AM by BenPass » Logged

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:49 PM »

dude.....  **DROOL**

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

Thanks, I think this is one that I can put short instalments up at least once a week. One story at a time; one life changed.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:58:11 PM »

Thanks, I think this is one that I can put short instalments up at least once a week. One story at a time; one life changed.

WEEK-ISODES!!!!!!!!        OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ..... now i feel like its an anime or tv series... sweetness, will have me on the edge of the seat for each one

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 12:01:46 AM »

Haha, thanks. That's why I set it up like interviews; something that could come in instalments.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 12:04:59 AM »

*Gets snacks ready*

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »

*Gets snacks ready*

yo grab another pop corn for me, i got the dip... a whole gallon of it

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 12:36:10 AM »

I am working on the first installment for tonight. It won't be super long, but it will be an interesting view of "the man" and the stories "he" left in his wake. I purposely plan not to use his real name until toward the end, though there will be names he was known by. A discerning eye might recognize who I'm writing about. If so, PM me and leave the surprise for everyone else.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 12:43:26 AM »

**waves hand**  you will not reveal the name in any post... for it is forbidden!!...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »

The Child

Host - “Our first guest met him while growing up in a rather poor community as a child. Despite the years that have separated that meeting and this interview, memories have not faded. Please welcome Magistrate Lewis to The Legacies He Left. Magistrate, you have told us before the show began that you met him years before you came to lead your people. Can you tell us your opinions and memories of this larger than life man?”

Magistrate - “I am an old man now, but I will never forget the greatest hero we have ever known. He never thought he was anything other than a thief, but where I grew up, we needed a thief. For you to understand him and why we needed him, you need to understand just how poor we were. My people were slaves and tried with all they were to scrimp and save enough to get off planet. The problem was that the magistrate that enslaved them at the time was a cruel and wicked man.

No matter what people did, there was always another cost; another debt to be paid. The magistrate ensured that he kept my people under his thumb by stealing from them with taxes. He lived on the hill, growing wealthy off the backbreaking labour of the people, while they toiled and struggled in vain.

I was only a boy when I met the man, but our hero came just when we could take no more. I stood by, unable to do anything as my family was beaten and their spirits were driven down into the mud that had become our home. Their hopes had been crushed, but still they dug hoping that I would have a better life. One day, the man came to town. As I mentioned, he was a thief. He wasn’t just any thief though; he didn’t rob any of us. Yes, we were poor, but he could have been the kind of man to steal what little we had. It would have been a lot less risky than what he did.”

Host – “And what, exactly, did he do?”

Magistrate – “He played the part of the hero. All he cared to know was that the current magistrate had grown rich and had kept all currency within his home. He saw the magistrate as a prime target and with his partner, infiltrated the house and stole all the money. For that act alone, he would have become a local legend for us; he gave our owner a figurative black eye and made him look like a fool. Like I said though, this man was a hero. He took it a step farther.

Why he did it, I’ll never know. Maybe he just cared about seeing people in need. Maybe he thought it would make the magistrate angrier to see his money raining down. Whatever the reason was, after the money had been loaded into his ship and he could have taken off to the sky, he turned around and poured it all down on our homes and yards. I didn’t really understand the significance at the time. It was simply something to be excited about to have money raining from the sky from our hero.”

Host – “That must have angered the magistrate to have been humiliated and then to have his money turned over to those he enslaved.”

Magistrate – “It did, but the magistrate was a coward at heart and he didn’t dare treat us quite like he had before. I think he must have been afraid that if he did, the man would come back and steal from him again.

My people idolized our hero; he truly was larger than life. And though we never expected him to come back, his simple appearance that day was the reminder of hope that had been lost. We realized that there was decency beyond the mud and we determined to someday get off that moon.”

Host – “What an interesting story. So, Magistrate Lewis, he was a hero to you and your people. It is amazing the kinds of Legacies He Left.”

Magistrate – “Excuse me, but that wasn’t the end. Our hero returned and again humiliated the magistrate. He taught us we could fight back, and his allies even turned the magistrate’s son to our cause.

And, like all good heroes, he refused to be celebrated. He shouted that he was no hero, that he was just an ordinary person. We knew it was just an act though. He refused to be recognized for his heroic actions even though he gave us hope and a future, and then returned to help us again. Despite what anyone else says about this man, he will always be a hero to the people of the mud.”

Host – “Thank you very much, Magistrate Lewis. So there you have it; to an entire people, The Legacies He Left were legacies of heroism and hope. Please join us again as we continue to hear stories and memories of those who knew this great man. Goodnight.”

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 02:29:34 AM »

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:34:18 AM »

What Genkaku said, that was a fantastic read.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 02:41:36 AM »

Thanks a lot, guys. I think it's a fun, different concept, and that it'll be both an enjoyable exercise and read.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 03:16:13 AM »

I win!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 03:18:48 AM »

nice, good job! I wonder how many people will get it  Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: