Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Arrow’ Behind the Scenes Video: ‘The Biggest Fight Scene in the History of TV’  (Read 4358 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:18 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IQ-bvtCZOw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IQ-bvtCZOw</a>

The CW’s superhero show Arrow is a proven hit for the network, and it’s that rare comic book adaptation that is managing to please just about everybody. To no one’s surprise, it has been renewed for a season 3, and on top of that, it has introduced audiences to Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) ahead of his own spinoff.

While The Flash will have a different tone from Arrow – more sci-fi and fantastical in tone, rather than Arrow‘s Batman Begins-inspired “gritty” pseudo-realism. This difference raises the question of just how The Flash will handle his adversaries, considering the character’s super speed makes hand-to-hand combat somewhat irrelevant.

For Oliver Queen/Green Arrow/The Hood, however, a street-fight throw-down is all a part of the job. Indeed, the marvelously-staged fight scenes are one of the best parts of Arrow, and now star Stephen Amell and veteran fight choreographer James ‘Bam Bam’ Bamford take us behind-the-scenes as they prepare for what they call “the biggest fight scene in the history of the show.” Watch the video at the top of the page.

Are Amell and Bamford just being cheeky? Will the fight truly be one of the biggest “in the history of television” or simply one more well-executed batch of stunts? Could the sequence we see Amell rehearsing in the video actually be one small part of a bigger, epic battle? With the League of Assassins, maybe?

Arrow has taken us into the nuts and bolts of these fight scenes before – watch this breakdown of Black Canary’s showdown with The Mayor during the first half of season two -  and as usual, Bamford and company bring an impressive level of focus and expertise to these preparations. Fight choreography is one of the more fascinating aspects of a production like this, and it sometimes goes unsung – when they’re doing the job right, as on Arrow, the effort involve goes almost unnoticed. Watch as the actor and stuntmen run through the fight slowly at first, as if rehearsing a dance, only to heat up in the second, faster run-through.

It’s safe to say that Arrow has some of the best stunt work on TV at the moment, and if the fight scene we see rehearsed in the video really is part of something much, much bigger, we can likely expect many more of these in-depth looks.

Arrow returns to the CW on Wednesday, February 26 @8pm with ‘Time of Death.’

My Source: http://screenrant.com/arrow-behind-scenes-video-stephen-amell-biggest-fight/

I'm definitely excited. This is one of my absolute favorite TV shows. And I agree about the fight choreography.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:22:30 AM »

I'd like to know how many 'Arrowheads' we have on the forum?

This a fantastic show, so far the second season has topped the first.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 01:24:36 AM »

I know RLYHYPERGUY is one. *shrugs*

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 01:34:24 AM »

I really enjoy the show, though I only catch it on Netflix.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:47:46 AM »

I love the show.

The fact that Katie Cassidy has a shovel for a chin is more than made up for by how ridiculously adorable Emily Bett Rickards is.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 02:45:02 AM »

I started this show on Netflix when season 2 was just starting. So ashamed! Impatiently awaiting season 2 to be added on Netflix! Not since Teen Titans have I been so invested in a DC Comics tv show. Which is why I didn't watch Arrow after finishing season 1, I need to watch this show in chronological order!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 05:27:49 AM »

I know RLYHYPERGUY is one. *shrugs*

Just confirming this claim.  Grin

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »

Just confirming this claim.  Grin

You haven't failed this city!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:50:27 PM »

[img]http://i.imgur.com/E9jdBCp.jpg[img]

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 01:18:28 AM »

[img]http://i.imgur.com/E9jdBCp.jpg[img]

Why that didn't show up for me, I don't know, but it's still great.  Grin

Anyway, I really like this show because it really goes out of its way to separate itself from the comics. They change everything around in some way and most of the time it ends up being really interesting.

Basically, when I watch it I feel like there's nothing to compare it to, so it allows me to enjoy the show to the fullest. With Batman I can't help but compare each version because they all have their own pros and cons, but I feel like this version of Green Arrow (or just Arrow) is completely separate from the more popular, wisecracking Justice League Unlimited version. I think it's because both versions are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum, so I'm thinking of them as completely different characters and not considering what another version did better or anything like that. With Batman, there are several different mixtures, each with different strengths and weaknesses, but with Green Arrow there are these two versions, each with a lot of strengths and very, very few weaknesses. It's great.

Also, I just love how Stephen Amell plays it when Ollie's around his family. You feel that he genuinely cares about them, but is being distant at the same time. It's very impressive.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:24:00 AM by RLYHYPERGUY » Logged

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »

Why that didn't show up for me, I don't know, but it's still great.  Grin

Anyway, I really like this show because it really goes out of its way to separate itself from the comics. They basically change everything around in some way and most of the time it ends up being really interesting.

Basically, when I watch it I feel like there's nothing to compare it to, so it allows me to enjoy the show to the fullest. With Batman I can't help but compare each version because they all have their own pros and cons, but I feel like this version of Green Arrow (or just Arrow) is completely separate from the more popular, wisecracking Justice League Unlimited version. I think it's because both versions are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum, so I'm thinking of them as completely different and not considering what another version did better or anything like that. With Batman, there are several different mixtures, each with different strengths and weaknesses, but with Green Arrow there are these two versions, each with a lot of strengths and very, very few weaknesses. It's great.

Also, I just love how Stephen Amell plays it when Ollie's around his family. You feel that he genuinely cares about them, but is being distant at the same time. It's very impressive.

I forgot the /.  Grin

Lo-Thar The Murderist
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 04:10:28 AM »

So far I've only seen the first season via Netflix, but I'm definitely a fan. I don't usually like tv dramas, but this has less of the drama, and more of the good stuff. Can't wait to see the second season if you all are saying it's better than the first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/8a8da7e458e73980.png[/img]
One who has betrayed the dark and has seen the light, knows not of betrayal, but of integrity; and in the mind of the betrayed, is one to be feared.

Archon v2.1 GB-Aeon v3 VA-SI AB-Dark Initiate v3 LE BR-Initiate v3 LE VA

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 05:00:54 AM »

^There's definitely a lot to love about it... like the expert balancing of multiple storylines in every episode, perfect execution of flashbacks, great pacing that somehow manages to never get too slow or too fast, damn impressive fight and stunt choreography, great dialogue, great acting, great... everything. lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: