Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: The Quiver, a gathering place for Arrowheads.  (Read 44954 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »

Felicity is to Oliver as Chloe was to Clark in 'Smallville.'

Given that Chloe wound up marrying Oliver Queen in Smallville, would that mean that Felicity would wind up marrying Clark Kent in Arrow?

Too bad they CHANGE SO MANY NAMES IT'S HARD TO TELL WHO'S WHO WHY DID YOU NAME THEA SPEEDY BY GOD YOU BETTER KILL HER SO ROY CAN TAKE THE NAME IN HER HONOR.
That's a good point. Thanks for clarifying. And yeah, that honestly confused me for the better part of several episodes. Wasn't Roy supposed to be nicknamed Speedy? Odd...

Cheesy

Roy was the first Speedy, before he took on the names of Arsenal, and now Red Arrow.

Thea Dearden Queen is an obvious nod to Mia Dearden, a member of Team Arrow in the DC Universe, and the second (and current) Speedy. She is still considered part of Oliver Queen's family, as in the comics he adopted her,  rescuing her from a life of drugs and prostution.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

tse_epic
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

Do the Impossible!

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2014, 02:06:47 AM »

THEN WHY IS ROY THERE. ROY NEEDS TO BE SPEEDY FIRST DAMMIT. I DEMAND COMIC CONTINUITYYYYYYYYYY

That's a good point. Thanks for clarifying. And yeah, that honestly confused me for the better part of several episodes. Wasn't Roy supposed to be nicknamed Speedy? Odd...

Cheesy

It's not a problem. I just don't like it when characters have this chemistry and *don't* act on it. It makes them seem kinda stupid, imo. I'm perfectly fine with them agreeing it won't work after a while, but ffs *act on it* to see what if, y'know?

So, what other DC themed show along the lines of Arrow should there be?

Not one that is being made, but maybe one that should be made...

It should be in the same power level template...so street level.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF NIGHTWING. NIGHTWINGNIGHTWINGNIGHTWING AND MORE NIGHTWING. DAMMIT STOP REFERENCING BLUDHAVEN AND GIMME MY NIGHTWING SHOW. SERIOUSLY. HAVE KYLE HIGGINS WRITE IT - HE'S GOOD AT NIGHTWING. I CAN NEVER GET A JOB WRITING FOR DC THANKS TO HIM AND I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER.

Seriously, I got into writing comic book heroes because I loved Nightwing's character but no one every did it "right" imo. Then Kyle Higgins came along AND WROTE HIM EXACTLY HOW I WANTED TO WRITE HIM AND I HATE IT IT'S SO GOOD.

CURRENT WEIGHT LOSS GOAL - 280
CURRENT WEIGHT - 310
CURRENT TOTAL - 102LBS LOST

You are the impossibility of life. Your existence spits in the face of doubt and negativity. You are a walking miracle just by *living*. You are *priceless*. You *mean* something. You are loved.

Never believe otherwise.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2014, 02:09:25 AM »

So, what other DC themed show along the lines of Arrow should there be?

Not one that is being made, but maybe one that should be made...

It should be in the same power level template...so street level.

Dial H for HERO

I think would make a great serialized television series, each week a different hero/anti-hero powerset.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2014, 03:17:21 AM »

THEN WHY IS ROY THERE. ROY NEEDS TO BE SPEEDY FIRST DAMMIT. I DEMAND COMIC CONTINUITYYYYYYYYYY

Honestly, what I love about Arrow (and what I loved about Smallville) is that they aren't afraid to forge their own continuities instead of dogmatically sticking to comic book canon. They see what they have as what it is. This is a separate universe from mainstream DC comics. A pocket universe, if you will. Just like Man of Steel or the Nolan Batman trilogy or even the new Star Trek, they can go outside established canon and forge their own path.

Having the balls to do so is admirable. Doing so and having the show be a hit is even better.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2014, 03:26:29 AM »

It's not a problem. I just don't like it when characters have this chemistry and *don't* act on it. It makes them seem kinda stupid, imo. I'm perfectly fine with them agreeing it won't work after a while, but ffs *act on it* to see what if, y'know?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF NIGHTWING. NIGHTWINGNIGHTWINGNIGHTWING AND MORE NIGHTWING. DAMMIT STOP REFERENCING BLUDHAVEN AND GIMME MY NIGHTWING SHOW. SERIOUSLY. HAVE KYLE HIGGINS WRITE IT - HE'S GOOD AT NIGHTWING. I CAN NEVER GET A JOB WRITING FOR DC THANKS TO HIM AND I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER.

Seriously, I got into writing comic book heroes because I loved Nightwing's character but no one every did it "right" imo. Then Kyle Higgins came along AND WROTE HIM EXACTLY HOW I WANTED TO WRITE HIM AND I HATE IT IT'S SO GOOD.

DUDE I LOVE NIGHTWING HE'S MY FAVORITE!!!  Grin

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »

IT WAS HARLEY!!!! IT WAS HARLEY!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »

IT WAS HARLEY!!!! IT WAS HARLEY!!!

I'm going to say now, that this is not a spoiler, it doesn't doesn't reveal anything about the episode, but damn if it didn't make me squeal.

It also makes me question how much material CW has been given rights over...

If Harley exists, then the Joker must exist and by proxy Batman. So if they were to connect the TV and Film universe that part has been smoothed out nicely, since we've already been told that the Batman we will see in MoS2 would be a seasoned crime fighter.

What I do have to say about last nights episode 'Suicide Squad' is this:

It is one of the best episodes of both seasons, this was a Diggle centric installment in which we see him team up with a "Taskforce" made up of super-criminals, while Oli is off dealing with the ramifications of Slade returning.

I hope most of you got to see it, if not I highly recommend finding a stream of it somewhere online; The CW usually has the new episode up in a day or so after airing.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

tse_epic
Knight Arbiter

Do the Impossible!

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2014, 04:28:50 PM »

Acrobatics, escrima stick fighting, and now Harley. I REPEAT. WHERE IN THE BLUE HELL IS MY NIGHTWING SHOW

CURRENT WEIGHT - 310

You are the impossibility of life. Your existence spits in the face of doubt and negativity. You are a walking miracle just by *living*. You are *priceless*. You *mean* something. You are loved.

Never believe otherwise.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2014, 04:46:27 PM »

Nightwing would do quite well I do believe.

As a side thought, "Nightwing and ( insert an appropriate other )"?

Who would be a quality "partner" for Nightwing?

A crossover for a Red Arrow maybe?

A new vision of a classic hero perhaps?

A perfect spot for an elder Wildcat to hand the reigns over to a son or daughter?

Maybe a new version of Deadman, The Question, or Batgirl?

Not the ultra super assassin psionic Batgirl, a more down to earth classic Batgirl...to better fit the theme Smiley

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:02:00 PM by Master Rel » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »

When would be a quality "partner" for Nightwing?

A perfect spot for an elder Wildcat to hand the reigns over to a son or daughter?

Not the ultra super assassin psionic Batgirl, a more down to earth classic Batgirl...to better fit the theme Smiley

A falling out between Roy and Oli leads to, Roy leaving for Bludhaven?

They could go the route they did in the comics, although I think seeing a junked out Roy would make everyone instantly hate him; more so than how much they already don't like the character.

Something happens to thea and Oli blames Roy for not being on his game?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2014, 05:05:14 PM »

The new Roy is a comets sith head, at least for me.

I honestly could care less if he makes it through the next episode  :/

Someone else then?

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »

Someone else then?

Hourman is still in development and the pill he takes to gain his powers is called 'Miraclo.'

Mirakuru is The Miracle...

"Mirakuru is similar to other drugs used in DC comics such as Venom, a steroidal compound used by Bane to enhance his strength. Venom was derived from Miraclo, a serum used by the hero Hourman which lasted only one hour. Another serum used in the comics was Blockbuster, which permanently enhanced Mark Desmond and his brother Roland Desmond into hulk like monsters." - http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Mirakuru

I'm grasping at straws...

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »

I'm going to say now, that this is not a spoiler, it doesn't doesn't reveal anything about the episode, but damn if it didn't make me squeal.

And voiced by Tara Strong, no less!

The inner fanboy squeed with delight.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »

Someone else then?

I don't think that's fair at all. He's under the effects of a drug... it's not like he can help it much. However, I do think he will get better over time at controlling it. I still think Roy is awesome, personally, but still.

tse_epic
Knight Arbiter

Do the Impossible!

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »

Who would be a quality "partner" for Nightwing?

I would be totally okay with Nightwing's partner being Oracle. Seriously.

Flippin' Oracle. Felicity is already an Oracle Stand-In anyhow. Why not *actually* do it?

I don't think that's fair at all. He's under the effects of a drug... it's not like he can help it much. However, I do think he will get better over time at controlling it. I still think Roy is awesome, personally, but still.

Same. I think Roy is probably one of the better minor characters right now. Certainly more than Thea or Cin. Or Huntress.

CURRENT WEIGHT - 310

Never believe otherwise.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: