Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: SWTOR Possible Specs??  (Read 8187 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: July 14, 2011, 05:07:49 AM »

Okay, so in my frustration  Undecided.................. (waiting for the precious game to come out)  I just completed the application to become a tester.............

Now my question comes in where, at one point the TOR systems did a scan of my desktop PC, and then finished without giving me an answer on whether I failed or passed the scan to see if the game would perform on my system........  Undecided

(when it was doing the scan, it said to watch for a yellow line if it ran into some kind of problem, but it never changed from the Blue, I'm Hoping This Is A Good Thing "fingers crossed")

Here's my PC's general specs:

It's an HP

It got a 3.5 rating on the "Windows Experience Rating" (what ever the hell that means lol)

(To Give More Specifics To This I Present The Following):

Processor:  Calculations Per Second  6.3

Memory (RAM): Memory Operations Per Second  6.3

Graphics: Desktop Performance For Windows Aero  3.9

Gaming Graphics: 3D Business and Gaming Graphics Performance  3.5

Primary Hard Disk: Disk Transfer Rate  5.9

(I found something that said that the scores range anywhere from: 1.0 to 7.9)

It Has a Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz (whatever the hell all that means lol)

7 GB's of RAM (it calls it "Installed Memory", I'm assuming that's just the technical name for RAM and doesn't specify any uniqueness)

I'm running on a 64-Bit Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium

As you can tell, I AM NOT TECH SAVY really at all  Undecided............. I'm just not Bao-Dur lol............

Here's the questions in all of this:

#1:  Can anyone make any since out of this?!?  (Let Me Know Whether or Not I Passed The TOR Performance Scans)

#2:  (To Those That Are More Tech Savy)  Do you think my PC will be able to run TOR without any serious problems...........  Undecided (I'll put a new graphics card in if I have to....... but I would rather not have to  Undecided..........)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:25:43 AM »

you passed with room to spare. you will be able to run tor on top levels

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:31:13 AM »

Really all I know is you have a good machine.(I won't go into details and confuse you. Cheesy) It should run TOR fine, but I don't know the actual game specs or system requirements, so I can't say for sure. But you're well within the 'average range'(for lack of a better term) of computer specs so you shouldn't have to worry, since a game like this will be built with the 'lowest common denominator'(for lack of a better term, again) in mind.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:35:28 AM by Spartacus Fortem » Logged

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -36

Owner of "We Cook Ewoks", Fine Restaurant

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »

Well, I think you've passed the scan. BUT it don't mean that you'll be picked for the tests. I have made this scan 3 months ago and I'm not part of them Wink

It's purely random.

BUT, tests are on. That means that they might have a new wave of testers when they feel it necessary.

But most important : that means that the game is in the final steps. It will be released SOON.

Clawed Dark Prophecy LE Violet Amethyst
Standard Issue Arctic Blue
Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Friends' sabers I offered : 12

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »

Amazing Thanks To:

Spartacus and Swam  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MAKES ME VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

I'm not much of a PC gamer in all honesty, but I HAVE TO PLAY TOR  Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if I couldn't I would be  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry FOREVER..................

This is BEYOND MY DREAM GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and chances are that it's going to consume my life.......... but I'm cool with that Wink lmao  Cheesy

(But Seriously, Thanks Guys For Telling Me That It Should Run On My Machine With No Problems  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER about the whole situation  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

@ to Jodann:

Thanks Bro, no worries on the whole testing thing............. in all honesty, I don't really care whether or not I get picked to test it or not, I just wanted to get an idea of whether or not my desktop would run TOR Wink.  Now with this knowledge, I can calm down a little bit, and now just focus on wishing for the release date Wink.

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:21:17 PM »

One of the nice things about TOR is they are specifically designing it so it can run on non top end computers. while it will be better on top end machines, it will work just fine on ones that are a few years old.

it Has a Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz (whatever the hell all that means lol)

7 GB's of RAM (it calls it "Installed Memory", I'm assuming that's just the technical name for RAM and doesn't specify any uniqueness)

Windows 7 Home Premium

yeah your more than good with this.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »

One of the nice things about TOR is they are specifically designing it so it can run on non top end computers. while it will be better on top end machines, it will work just fine on ones that are a few years old.

it Has a Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz (whatever the hell all that means lol)

Windows 7 Home Premium

yeah your more than good with this.

I LOVE THEM FOR THIS ETERNALLY  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:14:51 PM »

I just completed the application to become a tester.............

So did you get picked to be a testor??

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 07:20:24 PM »

So did you get picked to be a testor??

So Far.......... No Go  Undecided..........

I'm not sure how long the process takes, but as of yet, I have not herd anything indicating that I had been picked to be a tester  Undecided.........

(If I Do Get Picked... I'll Be Sure To Let Everyone Know How The Game Is Wink!!!!!)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »

Well if they are going through the final checks, and the rumors about Oct-Nov is true, its probably all ready being tested.  I can only imagine that it will take some time to box and distribute all those packages for processing and shipping.

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »

Well if they are going through the final checks, and the rumors about Oct-Nov is true, its probably all ready being tested.  I can only imagine that it will take some time to box and distribute all those packages for processing and shipping.

Yeah, (sorry for the delayed response on this My Brother, I Took A Leave of Absence For A Couple of Days), but I haven't received any kind of notice as of yet, so my guess would be that they are already full up on testers...

Good News:  Maybe The Rumors About October/November Are True Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »

september is a new big wave of beta invites.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »

september is a new big wave of beta invites.

Hey Brother, how would one get an invite to that Beta??  I'm VERY INTERESTED  Grin

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 23

It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »

Hey Brother, how would one get an invite to that Beta??  I'm VERY INTERESTED  Grin

You just need to have an account over on BioWare's SW:TOR forum. Then you can go into your account settings and at the bottom of \ Basic Info' there's the option which will allow you to set yourself as available for beta-testing.

No guarantees that you'll get in though, but you can turn the option on which should take you to a page that scans your system and sets things up.

Hope this helps Smiley

█||||||||(•)█╣█████████████████████████████████)
Don't have an Ultra Saber to list yet Sad

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 07:43:34 AM »

You just need to have an account over on BioWare's SW:TOR forum. Then you can go into your account settings and at the bottom of \ Basic Info' there's the option which will allow you to set yourself as available for beta-testing.

No guarantees that you'll get in though, but you can turn the option on which should take you to a page that scans your system and sets things up.

Hope this helps Smiley

Oh okay... I thought the "Beta" would be something of a larger scale than the testing that has been going on, but no biggie Wink

I Appreciate The Info Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: