Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Classes  (Read 8274 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »

Hey guys, just figured I'd start a thread to discuss the Jedi classes in The Old Republic.  Artorius and I were planning on playing the game, obviously as Jedi, and we were trying to figure out what classes to go for.

At one point we said we could both be Knights, with one taking the Guardian path and the other as a Sentinel.  My main question as far as this goes (for those of you who play MMOs and know the dynamics) is how well would this work?  I'll probably get at least one more friend to play, and he will likely be a Consular, so I figure that will be a nice balance at least.

Apart from that question, feel free to discuss speculation and other questions about the Jedi classes of the game.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

I get the feeling we should get a standard soldier class involved too.  They have some serious abilities in the anti-Force-User category.

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -36

Owner of "We Cook Ewoks", Fine Restaurant

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

Well, as far as I have understood the game's mechanics of the soon-to-be TOR :

-> Knight - Guardian - = Tank, you smash hard and take huge shots without a scratch. I don't think it will be a fast class.

-> Knight - Sentinel - = Damage dealer, you have a great speed, two blades. A lot of dammages, but it's a bad idea to be the target.

The combination of the two class is very interesting : you have a tremendous firepower. Close combat firepower BUT extremely powerful. The Guardian is here to take the blows and ripost, the Sentinel is here to slice trough the enemys.

With this kind of team, no real nead for a third one. Don't forget that you have your companions and that you will have 4 characters in the team. Just pick a healer and a long-range partner Wink

Clawed Dark Prophecy LE Violet Amethyst
Standard Issue Arctic Blue
Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Friends' sabers I offered : 12

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:47:25 PM »

Well, as far as I have understood the game's mechanics of the soon-to-be TOR :

-> Knight - Guardian - = Tank, you smash hard and take huge shots without a scratch. I don't think it will be a fast class.

-> Knight - Sentinel - = Damage dealer, you have a great speed, two blades. A lot of dammages, but it's a bad idea to be the target.

The combination of the two class is very interesting : you have a tremendous firepower. Close combat firepower BUT extremely powerful. The Guardian is here to take the blows and ripost, the Sentinel is here to slice trough the enemys.

With this kind of team, no real nead for a third one. Don't forget that you have your companions and that you will have 4 characters in the team. Just pick a healer and a long-range partner Wink

Yeah that sounds about right!  The Guardian will definitely be a tank, and while I love single sabers I might go Sentinel instead - I wanna have speed too!  Although I'm sure as soon as they release more info on the Consular I will be tempted to go with them too.

I had kind of forgotten about companions actually, thanks for reminding me.  I'm sure they will be designed to complement your strengths and weaknesses, for example a Guardian might have some kind of long range damage dealer.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »

Oh lord I forgot companions too!  That makes the entire process so much easier!  Thanks Jodaan!

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 10:40:49 AM »

No problem Wink

And I just bumped into something saying that each class would be like 200 hours of story... EACH... CLASS !

I think I'll reconsider my idea of testing them all. Or not Grin

Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

Daishi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 11:57:13 PM »

Jedi consular >=)

Pure Caster Class FTW! Force power rape time <3~

*used to play Ragnarok online, and PSO, Diablo, and WoW* <- Caster class FTW!

I'm a pvp nut... I'm a bit worried that they are going to pull a blizzard and make someone OP...

(some how I think it's going to be Guardians...)

instad of NERF PALLY, NERF GUARDIANS HAHA!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:12:10 AM »

Jedi consular >=)

Pure Caster Class FTW! Force power rape time <3~

That does sound tempting.  I was always a fan of the Consular, having sick Force powers at your command sounds like a lot of fun!  I keep leaning towards Guardian this time though, since my talents and interests tend to lie in swordsmanship - at least when it comes to Star Wars.  In real life, chemical engineering is my main profession Wink

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »

That does sound tempting.  I was always a fan of the Consular, having sick Force powers at your command sounds like a lot of fun!  I keep leaning towards Guardian this time though, since my talents and interests tend to lie in swordsmanship - at least when it comes to Star Wars.  In real life, chemical engineering is my main profession Wink

Then I say : Bounty Hunter all the way !

You carry a lot of explosive stuff and a flame-thrower !

But I don't think you'll want to be in game like at work Wink

Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »

Haha good idea Jodaan, I do work with explosives so it makes sense.  Actually, I'm leaning quite a bit towards the Jedi Knight at this point, probably the Guardian specifically.  Here's a good guide to some of the specific abilities of the different classes, Artorius and I were discussing it:

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

agreed the sentinel is not a tank they need healing or guile  Grin ive played a handful of mmorpgs the sentinel is just like a  fury warrior in wow they need to hit hard and fast the gaurdian would work just like a captain in lotro a buffer and tank best of luck brothers

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:40 AM »

agreed the sentinel is not a tank they need healing or guile  Grin ive played a handful of mmorpgs the sentinel is just like a  fury warrior in wow they need to hit hard and fast the gaurdian would work just like a captain in lotro a buffer and tank best of luck brothers

I fully agree, fury warrior is exactly what I thought when I looked at the Sentinel spec.  At first glance I feel like they need some more subclasses but maybe they will make up for that with talent trees within the specialization. I'm still on the fence about consular depending on which way they take it.  If it's an offensive pure force then user sign me up, but it looked like healer/stealther were your only choices.

Oh and I'll be rolling Jedi Knight, probably guardian to tank, seems to be my role in other mmo's.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 05:08:45 AM »

Sentinels FTW!

This is what I will be playing obviously. Grin

The friggin launcher is just being buggy. Angry

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 12:49:51 PM »

Sentinels FTW!

This is what I will be playing obviously. Grin

The friggin launcher is just being buggy. Angry

Nice, last we discussed Master Artorius will be rocking a Sentinel too.  I'm still probably going Guardian, though I haven't ruled out the Sage entirely.

Oh, and it's random but ya know what other class I'm itching to play?  Imperial Agent!  Dunno why, he just seems really freakin cool.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »

Nice, last we discussed Master Artorius will be rocking a Sentinel too.  I'm still probably going Guardian, though I haven't ruled out the Sage entirely.

Oh, and it's random but ya know what other class I'm itching to play?  Imperial Agent!  Dunno why, he just seems really freakin cool.

I'm kind of dreading the influx of Sentinels, because it's a specialized class.

It one of those classes that if you mess up the build you're doomed to fail but if you can hit the sweet spot and learn your place, it soooo pays off.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: