Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Classes  (Read 8189 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »

I'm kind of dreading the influx of Sentinels, because it's a specialized class.

It one of those classes that if you mess up the build you're doomed to fail but if you can hit the sweet spot and learn your place, it soooo pays off.

Yeah gotcha.  I'm still a little on the fence, honestly the reason I'm leaning towards the Guardian and Sage is because they wield a single saber.  Plus the dual wielding Sentinel is a natural choice for Artorius, so it'd be REALLY cool to play Guardian and just have the two of us power through enemies Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »

Yeah gotcha.  I'm still a little on the fence, honestly the reason I'm leaning towards the Guardian and Sage is because they wield a single saber.  Plus the dual wielding Sentinel is a natural choice for Artorius, so it'd be REALLY cool to play Guardian and just have the two of us power through enemies Smiley

TBH their dual wielding aspect for the class took me by surprise. Because Although I like dual wielding, in game it can get harry because you take a penalty for the off hand. I'm sure their will be skills and what not to negate bad things like that.

It's a good combo. Guardian and Sentinel. Power and Guile.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »

I'm still sticking with Shadow, when I get to play. Who doesn't want to be a secret agent Jedi?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »

I'm still sticking with Shadow, when I get to play. Who doesn't want to be a secret agent Jedi?

That is the only gripe I have with the game is that a Shadow is a sub class of the Sentinel and a lot of people are going to assume it's, it's own things. When really they are just Elite Sentinels, Like you said the Hardcore Secret agent Jedi.

I would have liked to see the sentinel as a main class but I understand they needed to streamline things.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 04:53:43 PM »

That is the only gripe I have with the game is that a Shadow is a sub class of the Sentinel and a lot of people are going to assume it's, it's own things. When really they are just Elite Sentinels, Like you said the Hardcore Secret agent Jedi.

I would have liked to see the sentinel as a main class but I understand they needed to streamline things.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too. I'm not sure why they made Shadow a Consular subclass, rather than a Sentinel specialization.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »

Yeah, I read that somewhere too. I'm not sure why they made Shadow a Consular subclass, rather than a Sentinel specialization.

Because they needed to balance the Sith, Empire, Republic, Jedi stuff.

So the Guardian is our Warrior and the Consular is our Caster. I guess if you want to be technical the Sentinel is supposed to be a mix of the two classes which makes sense if you were to train as a Guardian and then decided that you wanted to specialize as a Sentinel and the same for the Consular.

Regardless Sentinels and Shadows FTW both are welcome in my house.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

I'm still going with Consular and sage.  Besides the spice is pretty good mixed into sausage Cheesy

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »

i wish i could play...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »

i wish i could play...

Just sign up for testing if you can.

I've never Been accepted to Test anything and I got and invite. They need the feedback. Grin

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

Because they needed to balance the Sith, Empire, Republic, Jedi stuff.

So the Guardian is our Warrior and the Consular is our Caster. I guess if you want to be technical the Sentinel is supposed to be a mix of the two classes which makes sense if you were to train as a Guardian and then decided that you wanted to specialize as a Sentinel and the same for the Consular.

Regardless Sentinels and Shadows FTW both are welcome in my house.

Yeah I know they were looking to build classes around movie characters - they made the Sith Assassin to resemble Darth Maul, the Sith Sorcerer like Palpatine, the Warrior to be like Vader, etc.  They had to balance it, so they made equivalent Jedi classes (Shadow matches up with the Assassin naturally, and the spellcasters pair up).  I agree though, I think it would've been kinda cool to go with the classic Guardian/Consular/Sentinel lineup... I would probably play Sentinel in that case!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »

Yeah I know they were looking to build classes around movie characters - they made the Sith Assassin to resemble Darth Maul, the Sith Sorcerer like Palpatine, the Warrior to be like Vader, etc.  They had to balance it, so they made equivalent Jedi classes (Shadow matches up with the Assassin naturally, and the spellcasters pair up).  I agree though, I think it would've been kinda cool to go with the classic Guardian/Consular/Sentinel lineup... I would probably play Sentinel in that case!

SCORE!

Point, Sentinels. Grin

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 12:55:46 AM »

Just sign up for testing if you can.

I've never Been accepted to Test anything and I got and invite. They need the feedback. Grin

my pc won't run it, and i can't afford a new one or a subscription for the game

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 01:31:18 AM »

my pc won't run it, and i can't afford a new one or a subscription for the game

The friggin blows. Sad

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 02:01:08 AM »

The friggin blows. Sad

yeah, i was bummed that it wasn't coming to consoles, as i do my gaming on my ps3.  At least we have the RP here, which has been pretty darn fun.   

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: