Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A little sound advice (pun)  (Read 3062 times)
Knuckles
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Never, Never, Never Quit

« on: March 16, 2014, 12:43:07 AM »

Hello Masters of the Obsidian Order.

I am an Obsidian initiate what with mine en route from US now.

My question is: What is the most low, deep and sinister font you're come across? I'm not a fan of the original high-pitched 'sabers. I like deep low hums, dramatic swings and hard-hitting clashes. I DO like the squeaks and pops associated with some of the older lock-ups and would like to incorporate those into my build.

Is there anything out there like I am talking about? If not, is it possible to DIY a font from the ground  up using the Obsidian tool?

I appreciate any help you have to offer.

The oppression of the Sith will never return!

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »

With regards to making your own sound font, it is possible with the right software.
You need a program like Audacity to edit sound clips as well as a converter to change the clips to the right format.
The converter is included with the older v2 Launcher but not the latest one.

eerockk can certainly inform you in more detail.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »

I would recommend the vader font here on the forums. Also might like to look into the Qui-obi font, despite it being a jedi based font, it actually carries one of the deepest pitches and can be just as easily mistaken for a sith worthy font.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Hope this helps!

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 03:31:08 PM »

Hello Masters of the Obsidian Order.

I am an Obsidian initiate what with mine en route from US now.

My question is: What is the most low, deep and sinister font you're come across? I'm not a fan of the original high-pitched 'sabers. I like deep low hums, dramatic swings and hard-hitting clashes. I DO like the squeaks and pops associated with some of the older lock-ups and would like to incorporate those into my build.

Is there anything out there like I am talking about? If not, is it possible to DIY a font from the ground  up using the Obsidian tool?

I appreciate any help you have to offer.

Vader, Count Dooku, Pong Krell staff font, and the Zren Tobas dark side version are all pretty menacing-sounding. I have a plan to darken my own Kit Fisto font as well to see what that brings. In the meantime though, check out those aforementioned fonts to see what you think. If you search the forum, you'll find my reviews on all of them so you'd be able to hear them without having to download them and install them... though, that's the fun part! Smiley

Let us know if you have other questions/suggestions!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Bleakoctober
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 01:05:11 AM »

Hey Knuckles,
I received my 1st saber recently and had a similar dilemma to you.
I'm going with a Blood Orange (a colour a bit deeper than Pyrestone Orange I generated from the Emerald driver) look and wanted a fitting deep sound font.

I've uploaded a large number of fonts in the short time I've had the saber and as far as deep and menacing goes
IMHO you can't go wrong with either Dominux Nox, Black Star or Stygian General.
All incorporate a very dark hum and overall menacing clashes. I'm sure some Hybrid of those, coupled maybe with Lord Vanes Vader fonts, would see you right!!! 
Myself I'm alternating between Dominux Nox and Sister of Shadows ATM. But on all font sets I throw in Ninja-Jesus' "Epic Music" Lock up (from his Qui -Gon/Obi font) as a 2nd Lock up font, after all, can't beat having a little Duel of The Fates on tap Wink

Good Luck getting the Dark sound you're after m8!!

Darkmatter73
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -42

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 05:13:25 AM »

Blackstar font.
Thank me later, nothing is as menacing for a Sith saber.
I keep it on my blazing red Overlord.

-Darkmatter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: