Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Dark Initiate V2  (Read 2373 times)
Jobius Rex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« on: July 15, 2011, 04:10:33 AM »

So I'm very excited to review my Dark Initiate which arrived just a little over an hour ago.
First the obligatory UPS packaging issue

The hilt itself is a beautiful sleek black with the standard 32" heavy grade blade, the weight of the HG blade also provides a welcome light bit of heft.

The 8.75" is probably a one hander or one and a half hand for most people but since I have rather small hands it fits as a two hander fairly comfortably.

The beautiful red blade looks wonderful despite warnings that HG blades may slightly cut the brightness due to their thick nature (still haven't figured out how to capture it properly, camera always picks it up as orange)

Overall this saber shows its elegance through its simplicity, the only alteration I might consider is finding another surface to put on the hilt as it slides a bit through my hands, but that might also be simply fixed by strengthening my grip. In any case this is definitely a perfect entry level sabre and any person with either a limited budget or apprehension about making their first Ultra Saber purchase can rest easy should they chose to purchase this saber.

Do not live only in light for you will be blinded by it.
Do not dwell in the darkness for your sight will not pierce it.
Only by embracing both your light and your shadow can you truly see.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:15:54 PM »

Nice review, and a VERY nice saber!  I have a Blazing Red Dominix which is basically this saber's big brother, but to be honest I've always wanted to try out an initiate with a 32" blade.  I have big hands, but I typically wield my saber with a single hand anyway so it would be cool.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »

Very cool!  A lot of people use baseball tape or tenis tape on their hilts for better grip.  One of the things I like to use is a silicon tape that self seals.  You can custom mold it to your hands if you know what your doing!  http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100206050/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

That's one option from Home Depot.  Best of luck and tell us how it goes!

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »

Yup, the initiate will do well in a single hand. Not much space on that hilt for two unless you have little hands. Electrical tape is a common household item (if you ever tackled any electronics anywhere) That works great just to add that little extra grip to a saber. Also it looks pretty damn good too. Just wrap a bit around and off you go.
Nice hilt mate. Im sure it will bring you or your younglings much joy. XD

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:13:52 AM »

nice sabers initiates are cool

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:32:28 AM »

Thank God The Hilt Wasn't Damaged  Undecided.............................

WTF is up with UPS?!?!?!?  (they have done this to so many packages lately..............  Undecided )

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »

I think they've started using a catapult to deliver, Wraith. Cheesy

Now Jobius, your saber's looking a bit plain. You really need to customize it.Smiley

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:24 AM »

I think they've started using a catapult to deliver, Wraith. Cheesy

Now Jobius, your saber's looking a bit plain. You really need to customize it.Smiley
haha! yah a customization would be cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: