Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question regarding 32" midgrade blade  (Read 1157 times)
Xolad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: March 17, 2014, 01:27:22 AM »

We'll to cut to the point, I have both a 36" mg and a 24" uemg, but I'll be talking about my 36" for now. Whenever I swing it the blade bends, as all blades it's size do. But the bending is sooo irritating to me, I know it's not damaging, for now at least, it may start to wrinkle the foil eventually though. My question is for anyone who handles a 32" mg blade, does it have as much this problem? My 24" never bend on the count of it being shorter. I know the heavy grade blade don't do this either, but I'm not looking to buy a new blade at the moment. So as the quit on was stated, how does the 32" mg blade handle with the blade bending while swinging around and what not?

Dark Prophecy v3 EG
Archon v2.1 CG

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:55:43 AM »

I usually only purchase HG's for the same issues that you name.  Even with the HG's, I still see some bending of my blades (yes I am that brutal).  It is not as obvious to me when I swing my 32" HG as I do with my 36" HG.  If the same principle holds, I think that the shorter the blade, the less likely you will see the bending.  You have less surface area to catch air and cause drag. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Xolad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:51 AM »

I usually only purchase HG's for the same issues that you name.  Even with the HG's, I still see some bending of my blades (yes I am that brutal).  It is not as obvious to me when I swing my 32" HG as I do with my 36" HG.  If the same principle holds, I think that the shorter the blade, the less likely you will see the bending.  You have less surface area to catch air and cause drag. 

Thanks for answering. This was my guess but I wanted to get other's inputs before I went and cut my blade down or something. I would purchase a HG, but it's for my Dark Prophecy, and I hear that the blade can be alittle heavy for the particular blade and not as we'll maneuverable

Dark Prophecy v3 EG
Archon v2.1 CG

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:29:57 AM »

Shorter definitely means less flex, and the 32" works pretty well with a Dark Prophecy.  Actually the 32" Heavy Grade is a nicely balanced blade for single hand use, which is what I use my Dark Prophecy for mostly, so I think it'd be a good fit.  If I get a chance I'll try it out and let you know what I think, but I can't imagine it would be a bad choice.

Lord Benzile
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -60

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 05:27:51 AM »

i use nothing but 32 mid grades. simply for thier hadling and costuming purposes. I do get a crackle of the film here and there but not like your talking about with the 36. The 32 dont feel as wobbly as the 36 mids do anyways. All my master replicas  are 36 and that length isnt practical unless you plan on really doing actual swordplay and even that youll need HG blades.

I like my 32 simply cause its still long enough for two handed combat and short enough for dual weilding initiates. Plus i strike with one hand 80% of the time.

The Dark Jedi Order.....There is no ignorance, there is knowledge with instinct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/benlosi/videos

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »

I too prefer 32" blades - I just find the length a lot more comfortable to use, even at 6 feet tall.

The shorter the blade, the less the bend, but there must be some give, or the blade will just snap - or shatter.

For what it's worth, I use 30" blades in my staff, and they bend when hit hard enough. I probably notice it more, if anything.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: