• Help
  • Login
  • Register
Poll
Question: Timeline for the game setting
1940's alternate WWII
2080's Age of Apocasith

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Force Unleashed : Earth (out of character talk)  (Read 32168 times)
Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -89

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

This idea sounds freakin' sweet.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1882

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »

Now comes the fun part...Force powers/abilities.

How to handle, manage, assign, etc.?

What three powers or aspects of Force powers would you most like to see or for your character have?

Light side points please Smiley

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

Obviously enhanced senses/streingth/speed/dexterity, the ability to sense living beings and iminant danger to yourself or those you love. Other than that, some TK, EK, basic stuff mostly. Oh and mind tricks. Definitely mind tricks. Everyone has these capabilities, but you must choose what you focus on, the rest is gonna be pretty sloppy.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »

Obviously enhanced senses/streingth/speed/dexterity, the ability to sense living beings and iminant danger to yourself or those you love. Other than that, some TK, EK, basic stuff mostly. Oh and mind tricks. Definitely mind tricks. Everyone has these capabilities, but you must choose what you focus on, the rest is gonna be pretty sloppy.

Like a dope DJ with an ear for a killer rif, let me break it down...Smiley

Obviously enhanced senses/strength/speed/dexterity

All survivors of the crystal radiation poisoning with have enhanced strength, speed, dexterity, endurance, and toughness.

The ability to sense living beings and eminent danger to yourself or those you love

Danger sense or a touch of Precognition...hmmmm

Other than that, some TK, EK, basic stuff mostly

TK...for sure, though this will have further definition, not everyone will have the same gross strength, fine motor skill, push and pull, etc.

EK?  Wut?  I have a vast knowledge of psionics and such, I could fill in what EK was or could be...but I am curious what you meant?

Oh and mind tricks. Definitely mind tricks

As per Dune, the Voice...indeed a good one

Everyone has these capabilities, but you must choose what you focus on, the rest is gonna be pretty sloppy.

If I follow you, the thought is that each character would have a couple strong abilities and any others would be fluff?

Yes?

Cheesy

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »

You seem to get it. I was thinking like a touch of precognition/ spidy sense, depending on the nature of the danger. Precognition for more tactical (your friend is about to get shot) general "bad feeling" for bigger stuff (a star cruser is about to smash your city)

EK: electrokenesis. Could be lightning, could be mental hacking (Mica from Heroes)

The last bit: yeah that about covers it.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 734

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »

I say present day. Though I'm not likely to play, but I'd like to see you guys do that....

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »

Me? Personally? I love me some TK. And an extension of that, levitation/ flying  Cool lemee fly and focus on tk and you will have a happy me Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -73

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 05:52:29 AM »

What does that mean?  Lost me... Sad

I know what GCW means, just not in reference to this topic.
read the post just before this.
I voted Alternate WWII... just because I think the concept is great and WWII was already Lucas' inspiration for a lot of Star Wars.
GCW=WWII... George Lucas is a historian not a scientist. Indiana Jones is probably more famous, and (sadly) loved than SW.

as for force abilities... I call force agility!

arsenal:
Dark Initiate (V3) Twin Pair
Wishlist: (all V3)
Dominix LE (silver) W. Sound, saber pike parts, Flamberge V2.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

So in consideration of the Force powers.

Let us say there is a 100% or 100pts to apply towards powers/abilities.

Minimum investment is 5pts.

First step...each character has a measure of enhanced strength, endurance, dexterity, speed, agility...without any point or percentage needed, though if more of any of these physical attribute boost is desired then that will require more investment.

Second step...each character can have any or as many of the standard and recognized Force abilities, just invest a measure of a pts/% to allow some function.

Before it comes up, none of the crazy ultra powerful stuff like TK'ing a space cruiser or opening up a giant black hole.

TK...this is a funny one, with some considering it an end all power, meaning it can be used for anything.  Each application requires an investment.  So let us say that we can come up 20 different TK applications and one player applies 5pts to each and has 20 TK abilities.  Tons of variety at a lower power level.  Another player invests 100pt into TK Push, the difference between the two characters TK Push would be night and day.

So before we go further let us define what TK could be defined as.

TK Push
TK Pull
TK Crush
TK Flight
?

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »

No black holes?

But seriously, sounds like as good a system as any. Then we just have to decide on the types of weapons available, and I think we all know what I mean by that.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »

Super science + alien crystal + someone with crystal radiation (at least 5pts) = weapon of questionable note thus mentioned

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »

So in consideration of the Force powers.

Let us say there is a 100% or 100pts to apply towards powers/abilities.

Minimum investment is 5pts.

First step...each character has a measure of enhanced strength, endurance, dexterity, speed, agility...without any point or percentage needed, though if more of any of these physical attribute boost is desired then that will require more investment.

Second step...each character can have any or as many of the standard and recognized Force abilities, just invest a measure of a pts/% to allow some function.

Before it comes up, none of the crazy ultra powerful stuff like TK'ing a space cruiser or opening up a giant black hole.

TK...this is a funny one, with some considering it an end all power, meaning it can be used for anything.  Each application requires an investment.  So let us say that we can come up 20 different TK applications and one player applies 5pts to each and has 20 TK abilities.  Tons of variety at a lower power level.  Another player invests 100pt into TK Push, the difference between the two characters TK Push would be night and day.

So before we go further let us define what TK could be defined as.

TK Push
TK Pull
TK Crush
TK Flight
?

it depends on what you class as TK really, and what you wanna class as altogether different. A lot of Force powers are based on TK in some way. And once you expand to the various video games it gets even more interesting.

Force Slam
Force Lift
Force Throw (this can be considered part of Force Push but)
Saber Throw
Move Object (that is, control of an object beyond simple push/ pull/ throw)
Force Wave, Whirlwind, Repulse, Blast (subsets of Force Push)
Technically any type of Force Choke or Grip is a TK related power Smiley
Force Disarm (part of Force Pull really)
Force levitation (if you wanna distinguish levitation from actual flight)

and there's more, every video game comes up with new versions of powers with new names  Tongue

Those who achieve Floating Meditation are also utilising TK

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 08:04:33 PM »

...saber throw...this is the pair of words that gives me hives of late.

Throwing away a prized tool and vital weapon, sense...this makes none.

As for the TK...that is the idea.

Each function would require a different addition.

This lets those who want lots of options to have options and those who want powerful function to have that.

And those who want lots of options with lots of power, well this will not be the game for them.

Cheesy

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 08:18:22 PM »

Super science + alien crystal + someone with crystal radiation (at least 5pts) = weapon of questionable note thus mentioned

Also:

I'm with Rel on the weapon throwing. Unless you have one that you REALLY don't need and you are aiming at something/one who can't use it against you then I would never do it. Even then, you never know when you might loose one of your own. Even barring that, I am the type to take a trophy from a worthy or even note able adversary.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 08:51:52 PM »

So the basic template is laying out.

100pts of Force potential (those players wishing to play non-Force types will get other options)

Boosted to a human peak level...free
Strength
Dexterity
Endurance
Agility
Durability

Saber use, minimum of 5pts...a 15pt use would be stronger than a 5pt use for example

So that leaves 95pts with what I assume would be the basics

Say this player wanted more of the boost, say twice peak human physical ability
Strength...5pts
Dexterity...5pts
Endurance...5pts
Agility...5pts
Durability...5pts

So that would be 70pts left

15 for TK flight
15 for TK push
10 for more Str
30 for more Dur

This would be a basic guy, strong and tough, with a variety of baseline potential with a serious nudge towards toughness.

So that is how it would work.

If there is something that had limited use, like one a day, or was limited to no range, like touch only TK push...then these would come at 1/2 cost.  But rather than try to work around this aspect, just develop a character and let the numbers fall where they may...if need be we can consider the limiting factor.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: