Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Standard Issue review  (Read 2937 times)
darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« on: January 07, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »

So just before christmas I got my Standard Issue Battle Staff, however, I ordered one blade 36 inch and one 32 inch, orange for the long one and SRD for the short one. I only took pictures of the orange half since the SRD one is in my sister's possession.

Anyway, at first it was awkward because of the length and bulkiness of the hilt, but I quickly got used to it and can now twirl semi well thanks to Banditcar from youtube. The color is absolutely gorgeous, but I do get picky about it being at near max battery power most of the time because a fully charged pair of batteries in this thing creates such a vibrant and beautiful orange (its nowhere near as yellow as the pictures make it.

The only issue I'm having with it currently is that the blade retention screw kind of bent in place and is impossible to unscrew so far (I've put effort into it for sure) I think I may have also worn away at either my hex wrench or the screw itself trying to get it off. This happened once before but I yanked it off and all was well, but I'm not so lucky this time Sad atm it's wobbly and makes me sad because I looooovvveee this thing.

And here is the part you all clicked on the thread to see; pictures.

I added a few O-rings to the removeable pommel and most of the way up the hilt with electric tape inbetween to gve it a black choke area, and a part of a leather belt rigged to work as a belt clip sort of

If you look cloesly at the switch you'll see I put two very tiny O-rings around it to give it sort of a rising look to the button

The fire orange color is beautiful of course, I've slept with my saber quite a few times already

Yoda and I do battle, but he does not have the advantage of an ultra bright LED

And this is, of course, how I get the ladies

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »

Cool pics, lol I can see why the ladies love you Tongue

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:51:29 PM »

yeah chicks really dig big glowing sticks
Mine does anyway  Grin

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Darth_Greyloch
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:07:55 PM »

Nice customization work, cool stuff.

Proud owner of: Phantom V2 (Fire Orange)
& Standard Issue (Adegan Silver)
Reviews: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=51.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=402.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: