Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Initiate V3 Customization Project  (Read 20816 times)
Tal-Rin Onjo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

"Remember, the force will be with you. Always"

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 04:03:18 AM »

Amazing job! Point on the customization!!

Dominix V2 in SRD
Prophecy (Obsidian) in GB
Prophecy (stunt) in VA

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »

Thanks! Turneed out a bit differently than I originally thought out, but it looks okay now. I'll probably tweak it some more of course Wink

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

richmbailey
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 06:53:55 PM »

Removed the washers and did a little more detail work on the scoring. Pics below show more details in the weatherization. I may do a little more work to finalize the effect.

Flamberge (BR) Stunt

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 08:26:44 PM »

Love that.
Just dremel work?

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

richmbailey
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 08:33:28 PM »

No dremel used at all. Just used Metallic gray Rustoleum, used rags to rub it down while still tacky to make it streaky. Let it dry. Then hit it with clearcoat. Let it dry.

Then used 3 different grits of sandpaper, heavy to light grits to mark it up and create the worn and scratchy look, finally I popped on some O-rings. I may hit it some more, but so far it looks like I envisioned.

Flamberge (BR) Stunt

VanZan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

"Beings of light we are. Not this crude matter"

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »

Looks great!
has a real worn-in look about it.  Me likey Grin

Lightsabers I Own:
Raven SS - (Emerald) with Sound
Initiate LE V3 - AS (+disks)
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 - CG

Light Side Points Please!

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »

No dremel used at all. Just used Metallic gray Rustoleum, used rags to rub it down while still tacky to make it streaky. Let it dry. Then hit it with clearcoat. Let it dry.

Then used 3 different grits of sandpaper, heavy to light grits to mark it up and create the worn and scratchy look, finally I popped on some O-rings. I may hit it some more, but so far it looks like I envisioned.

Looks incredible. Might try that technique on a scrap of something before attempting it on a real saber.
Your custom work continues to impress.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

richmbailey
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »

Thanks! It was really a trial and error experiment. I just went for it. I actually did some more work last night to get more of the aluminum to show through. It looks really cool now, with the scoring showing less so it's not "muddy" looking.

Flamberge (BR) Stunt

DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2014, 06:02:01 AM »

if you have the tools and some spare sheets of metal you can cut yourself a new shroud - i would recommend if you do that drill a hole that will fit with your blade retention screw and you can use that as a way to hold the shoud to the saber

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it.

richmbailey
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have the necessary tools for this type of work. I'd have to commission someone to make one for me. But that is an awesome idea to add a shroud. I've made a few more adjustments to it, seems I can't stop tweaking it. I finished sanding down some more to let more of the natural aluminum show as well as added a new grip using an O-ring pattern. #18 in the gaps and #17 (thinner) in between. I didn't do every section as I did not want to hide all the weathering, I think the saber is looking pretty good. Has a battle worn look to it. I am ording a D-ring as well, once it arrives I'll weatherize and attach it to the pommel. Then I think this project will be done (I hope!).

Updated pics below:

Flamberge (BR) Stunt

SteampunkSith
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »

Wow!  I love the evolution of this saber.  Point!

"He cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings… or the Jedi. And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well."
My UltraSabers:
Dark Initiate LE v3 BR
Dark SI v3 w/Sound BH
Dark Prophecy GB
Manticore w/Sound AV
Aeon LE v3 BR
Aeon v4 BR

DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have the necessary tools for this type of work. I'd have to commission someone to make one for me. But that is an awesome idea to add a shroud. I've made a few more adjustments to it, seems I can't stop tweaking it. I finished sanding down some more to let more of the natural aluminum show as well as added a new grip using an O-ring pattern. #18 in the gaps and #17 (thinner) in between. I didn't do every section as I did not want to hide all the weathering, I think the saber is looking pretty good. Has a battle worn look to it. I am ording a D-ring as well, once it arrives I'll weatherize and attach it to the pommel. Then I think this project will be done (I hope!).

you could always make one out of PVC - there is a great thread on how to do that. im making metal ones now with a dremmel and thin metal but you can use a dremmel to cut some PVC into something cool

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it.

richmbailey
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »

you could always make one out of PVC - there is a great thread on how to do that. im making metal ones now with a dremmel and thin metal but you can use a dremmel to cut some PVC into something cool

I also saw there is a company called Shapeways that takes your designs and "prints" (cuts into Plastic, Metal, etc) them for you. One guy used this method to get his custom shroud made for his Ultrasaber mod. That's a possibility too.

Flamberge (BR) Stunt

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: