Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: installing a new sound font  (Read 5253 times)
DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Dark Side Points Please

« on: April 16, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »

can someone explain how to do this? I want to put the sith soundfont on my liberator and i have the file downloaded i just need to know how i install it

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »

Download the newest Obsidian Launcher from the forum (Windows compatible ONLY), install it as administrator, turn your saber on, plug it in, wait for the driver to be installed, after that run the Obsidian Launcher as administrator, browse to the folder with your UNZIPPED soundfont, clear the right side of the Launcher (where the default sounds are), put in your desired soundfonts in the appropiate categories, click "Write Files" and wait for it to be done. NEVER cancel that operation!

When following this in this exact order, you should have no problems.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »

I followed that, however when i press write files it says device configuration failed - did i do something wrong?

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it.

DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:28:10 PM »

I followed that, however when i press write files it says device configuration failed - did i do something wrong?

i see what has happened - the drivers are not installing when i plug in my saber... Sad

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 05:04:25 AM »

You may need to try a few different USB ports. I suggest only using USB 2.0 ports as the newer 3.0 ports have been problematic for some members.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »

It sounds like not all of the old sounds were removed before the news ones were selected. To make sure it works, empty all the sound slots on the right side of the launcher, then add all the custom sound fonts you want but not leaving any holes (ie. all sound slots must have minimum one sound added). Everything should go through at that point. Don't forget to charge the batteries first!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

I favour using the "New" button, it ensures all sounds are cleared.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

arklore70
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 04:02:04 AM »

For clarification, prior to installing a new set of sound fonts into my US Dark Inititate v4, it is recommend to remove the pre installed sound fonts to ensure the sounds fonts soley the Sith sound fonts.

If not me...who?
If not now...when?
Wish List: Graflex-Obsidian Sound,GB or EmeraldManticore-Emerald-Obsidian Sound, Emerald B+R
Chosen One SE-Obsidian Sound, BR
Dominix v4 LE-Obsidian Sound, BR
Initiate v4-Obsidian Sound, GB
Dark Initiate v4-Obsidian Sound, BR
Initiate LE v4-Obsidian Sound, CG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: