Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Featurettes Reveal New Footage; Rogue Confirmed  (Read 2895 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« on: April 17, 2014, 01:39:11 AM »

Poor Anna Paquin has had a rough time of it in this campaign to bring X-Men: Days of Future Past to theaters. Paquin’s character Rogue was confirmed for the film early on in production, the actress herself appeared onstage at Comic-Con 2013 alongside the rest of the massive ensemble cast – but then we heard that Rogue’s scenes (fighting alongside a group of future X-Men against The Sentinels) had all been cut from the theatrical version of the film. And yet, director Bryan Singer continued to tease that we may yet see Rogue in the film…

…And now that’s being further confirmed in a new report.

Buzzfeed got confirmation from 20th Century Fox that Rogue WILL be in the film, “Essentially, a cameo,” as a rep was quoted to have said. That pretty much echoes what director Bryan Singer said earlier this year, when he both teased a Rogue appearance and an explanation of anomalies like future Wolverine once again having metal claws, even though the character lost his adamantium during the events of The Wolverine - a film Rogue was almost in, BTW. (There’s also the issues of Beast having human form, Professor X walking again, etc. Big answers needed from this film…)

As for where Rogue fits in: well, going on my own instinct I would point to that moment of voiceover in the second Days of Future Past trailer – the scene in which future Wolverine is explaining (presumably to the X-Men of the ’70s) the terrible events of his timeline, and all the friends he’s lost. One could surmise that Paquin will at least get a second of screen time as a memory in Wolvy’s head that the younger Xavier (James McAvoy) reads in his mind as part of proof of future events. At least that’s a guess. (It would be a shame if it’s true, as Rogue supposedly had a much more worthwhile role to begin with.)

In the end, most hardcore fans are probably rolling their eyes and waiting for the day when they can actually get the Rogue they know and love from the comics in one of these X-Men movies…

-

Days of Future Past Featurettes: The Costumes

(VIDEO IN LINK BELOW)

WATCH these two new behind the scenes featurettes for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which talk about the significance of Magneto’s helmet in this sequel to First Class, as well as what it takes to create the look of the ’70s era onscreen.

NOTE: Be sure to watch to the end of both videos as they reveal new Days of Future Past clips – one of which is a direct echo of the recent button-scene at the end of The Wolverine, which launched the DoFP storyline!

(VIDEO IN LINK BELOW)

X-Men: Days of Future Past will be in theaters on May 23rd, 2014.

Sources: Buzzfeed & Fox

My Source: http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-rogue-cameos-costumes-featurettes/

I like these featurettes a lot. They show a glimpse of just how much work goes into making what many unfortunately consider to be "just superhero movies" that are simply there for their entertainment.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »

Found these great pieces of cover art and thought this would be a good share point.  It is X-Men art but not movie related beyond that  Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 04:54:09 PM »

‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Gets Three New Featurettes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDPmP1dXj8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDPmP1dXj8</a>

With the release of X-Men: Days of Future Past right around the corner, Twentieth Century Fox has stepped things up with the third trailer, which is also arguably the best trailer so far. The film is an “inbetweequel” connecting the first three X-Men movies to X-Men: First Class, as Kitty Pryde sends Wolverine’s mind back into his 1970s body to warn young Magneto and Xavier about a future in which anti-mutant hysteria leads to widespread devastation.

The X-Men: Days of Future Past marketing campaign has already included some rather odd partners. Probably the best example of this so far is the Carl’s Jr. commercials that featured an advert in which Quicksilver eats an X-tra bacon, egg and cheese biscuit at super-speed, and another in which Mystique (not played by Jennifer Lawrence) has to transform into a man in order to eat the X-tra Bacon Thickburger because her frail, womanly body cannot handle all the bacon.

Antivirus software company Norton has previously got in on the superhero game (see: them sponsoring a featurette for Captain America: The First Avenger), and now Norton is back with three new featurettes for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which include interviews with the cast and clips from the movie.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f82je0b0AM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f82je0b0AM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsliNsyuRE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsliNsyuRE</a>

What’s interesting about these featurettes is that at times it’s difficult to tell whose side Norton is on – theoretically speaking. On the one hand they attempt to tie Norton AntiVirus and the movie together with taglines like “Take control of your future” (i.e. make it a future in which your hard drive has not been erased by a virus) and “The time for action is now” (because the viruses won’t wait until tomorrow). On the other hand, they could also be interpreted as supporting Trask and his Sentinels, who are dedicated to cleansing society of the bugs in its system.

The metaphor starts to get a little bit stretched at that point. As awkward as these commercial tie-ins have occasionally been, it would be interesting to see what other products could be moulded to fit the X-Men: Days of Future Past narrative. Toilet bleach? Fabric softener? There are probably ways to make it work.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is out in theaters on May 23, 2014.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-movie-previews/

Everything about this movie looks entertaining, even Jennifer Lawrence, who I am really tired of seeing.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nitishajack
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »

Maybe they should go back in time and change their casting decision….. Anna Paquin as Rogue was a truly dreadful decision, maybe the worst in Cinema/comic book history….

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »

Maybe they should go back in time and change their casting decision….. Anna Paquin as Rogue was a truly dreadful decision, maybe the worst in Cinema/comic book history….

Hey welcome to the forum!

Why the Anna P venom? The actress? Her look?

I never gave her a second thought as not being Rogue enough myself, curious what strikes you off Smiley

Actually I have been pretty happy over all with actors...the twisting out of canon with ages all wonky took a bit to get used to, but beyond that it has been good and he upcoing installment makes promises that will be most welcome if the delivery is the same Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:05:10 PM »

I personally think that all of the actors and actresses fit their roles perfectly... every last one of them. But that's just me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: