Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Time Lost Aeon (Olive Oil Weathering Project)  (Read 9886 times)
KettTares
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: July 19, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »

This project has been over a month in the making but it finally begins! 

Utilizing Eastern57's (from the TCSS and fx-saber forums) excellent olive oil weathering guide I turned my US Aeon hilt into something amazing!

I sanded down the entire hilt with 100 grit sandpaper (as suggested in the weathering guide), and put two layers of olive oil on the hilt.  I was originally going to do the pommel and the hilt separately but was dissuaded by Mikkyo of the Sith. 30 minutes at 550 degrees in the oven bore results i couldn't have been happier with...no second coat was needed! Cheesy

Now I am torn as to which LED color I should use...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  More pics and updates to come as this project progresses.  Thanks for looking!

MTFBWYA
-Kett Tares

Ultrasabers SI - Guardian Blue
Ultrasabers SI - Sunrider's Destiny
Ultrasabers Initiate V2 - Consular Green
Ultrasabers Aeon - Consular Green

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »

LED color is one of those extremely personal choices.  A saber with this type of weathering is going to be your favorite especially if it is your first weathered saber.  What colors are you torn between and why?

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »

its your choice like artorius said. i think it would look cool with green but its up to you. whats your favorite color for a saber? which color do you think describes you?

KettTares
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »

LED color is one of those extremely personal choices.  A saber with this type of weathering is going to be your favorite especially if it is your first weathered saber.  What colors are you torn between and why?
I'm torn between a Cyan, Green, or Amber.  Since the saber has an ancient, forgotten look to it a similarly older color would accent it very nicely.

its your choice like artorius said. i think it would look cool with green but its up to you. whats your favorite color for a saber? which color do you think describes you?
Well, my favorite color is Green though I find myself having more Green sabers than anything else ^\^;; I am however a fan of variety.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:37:05 PM »

i think your best choices would be a cyan, green, artic blue, or a yellow. thats my opinion, but its your choice. if you have too many green sabers you should try something different  Smiley

Slaide
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »

A fire orange would look epic with that weathering job ya got on there, or maybe even a pyrestone orange. Grin

Catalyst- Blazing Red

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »

Great weathering job!

I'd also have to say that an orange or yellow LED would be my vote. Looking forward to this build.

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »

Nice Work On The Saber Wink

In All Honesty, I would have to Vote Green, I Think It Would Fit This Hilt Nicely Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(second option........ Sunrider's Destiny)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Daishi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »

Any relation to the proto-drake?

If so PURPLE! cuz it's epic ;p

joking aside... my personal choice is SRD for a long blade... but it's also perfect for a short off hand red saber >=)...

Then again that's just my taste xD

Or hey I don't see this option thrown around as much... Adegen Silver. =p It'd be an ancient saber, that's soo time lost it has no colour >=)  (or I guess technicly all colour... =O I think it's debate able if a lightsaber in canon is actually considered to work like light, or since it's more tangable if the energy beam has pigment...)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:21:10 PM by Daishi » Logged

KettTares
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »

A fire orange would look epic with that weathering job ya got on there, or maybe even a pyrestone orange. Grin
Great weathering job!

I'd also have to say that an orange or yellow LED would be my vote. Looking forward to this build.
I agree with both of you, Orange may win the day here Smiley

Nice Work On The Saber Wink

In All Honesty, I would have to Vote Green, I Think It Would Fit This Hilt Nicely Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(second option........ Sunrider's Destiny)
Any relation to the proto-drake?

If so PURPLE! cuz it's epic ;p

joking aside... my personal choice is SRD for a long blade... but it's also perfect for a short off hand red saber >=)...

Then again that's just my taste xD

Or hey I don't see this option thrown around as much... Adegen Silver. =p It'd be an ancient saber, that's soo time lost it has no colour >=)  (or I guess technicly all colour... =O I think it's debate able if a lightsaber in canon is actually considered to work like light, or since it's more tangable if the energy beam has pigment...)

Until you both tantalize me with Green or SRD! ^\^;; Nice WoW nod there Daishi, I miss my Albino Drake...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »

Nice job on the weathering. I have to say Green for the LED. I pictured this with green as soon as I saw it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Daishi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »

I agree with both of you, Orange may win the day here Smiley
Until you both tantalize me with Green or SRD! ^\^;; Nice WoW nod there Daishi, I miss my Albino Drake...

I know the temptation of Green lightsabers~

I have a Rifter and an Enforcer both green and my only other saber is red xD

my one on the way is SRD >=D

Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »

i think you are on to something with the silver, how ever I also would choose sun riders destiny for this saber, great job on the weathering,

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

KettTares
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »

I know the temptation of Green lightsabers~

I have a Rifter and an Enforcer both green and my only other saber is red xD

my one on the way is SRD >=D
Kudos on having an Enforcer! I have the last production model that US made and it is soon to be equipped with a LuxIII red

i think you are on to something with the silver, how ever I also would choose sun riders destiny for this saber, great job on the weathering,
Thank you sir! I must say the Adegan Silver is starting to sound like a very good idea...lol perhaps i should set up a poll on this thread xD

Daishi
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »

Kudos on having an Enforcer! I have the last production model that US made and it is soon to be equipped with a LuxIII red

Just doing my job Enforcing Ultra saber's are the ultimate saber >=) ~

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: