Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Should I send in a stunt saber?  (Read 7399 times)
SteampunkSith
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »

However, if you received a freebie stunt saber, through a "buy one get one" or a raffle, then sending it in to be upgraded is the way to go, as you never paid anything for it to begin with.

My recent raffle prize saber is a stunt saber.  It is normally $120, so sending it in for a sound upgrade is totally the way to go instead of buying a new one.

What hilt you are talking about plays into it, too.  A more expensive hilt, yeah, I would send in to upgrade.  A lower priced hilt (that you paid for, not won), probably not so much.  It depends.

"He cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings… or the Jedi. And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well."
My UltraSabers:
Dark Initiate LE v3 BR
Dark SI v3 w/Sound BH
Dark Prophecy GB
Manticore w/Sound AV
Aeon LE v3 BR
Aeon v4 BR

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »

personally I like to get some hilts either as a grabbag or stunt of a higher end style then order the parts asi need them. I make them all a project saber. To me that's theb fun part and where the reward is.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 11:10:43 PM »

If you go from stunt to sound, you'll have a hole in your hilt that fits a guarded latching switch. You could get an AV switch, but US will have to drill the switch hole bigger for the AV switch. If you get the guarded momentary switch, it will be a direct swap.

There is that important detail of the switch having to be changed as the US Obsidian sound board only works with a momentary switch.
Some other sound boards can work with either a latching or momentary.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 02:52:12 AM »

There is that important detail of the switch having to be changed as the US Obsidian sound board only works with a momentary switch.
Some other sound boards can work with either a latching or momentary.

Actually that has changed with the new versions of those other boards. Now all sound boards that I have seen need a momentary Switch for actavation.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »

Actually that has changed with the new versions of those other boards. Now all sound boards that I have seen need a momentary Switch for actavation.

I have the user manual/ instructions for one such "New Version" (v7) of another sound board and it quite clearly details that it can be configured to use either a Latching or Momentary switch. I'm planning a build and already have some of the parts, hence why I have the instructions.

Wish list:

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »

I have the user manual/ instructions for one such "New Version" (v7) of another sound board and it quite clearly details that it can be configured to use either a Latching or Momentary switch. I'm planning a build and already have some of the parts, hence why I have the instructions.
Ok then I have been proven wrong, it happens some times.

Custom saber-Vigilance

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »

Scraver is right. The Other Guys do have a part that can convert momentary to latching, and vice-versa. I guarantee it would cost less to just get a momentary guarded or latching switch from Ultrasabers though.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »

Scraver is right. The Other Guys do have a part that can convert momentary to latching, and vice-versa. I guarantee it would cost less to just get a momentary guarded or latching switch from Ultrasabers though.

Yes, it would be. Smiley The sound board I have certainly isn't as cheap an option as US.

Wish list:

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »

This may have been addressed already, but the problem with breaking down and buying a new saber with the fancy new feature you want, is that you now have a superfluous (like that word?) saber that you never use because it has no sound... on the bright side, you can use it to direct traffic at the airport, should you find employment as ground crew.

I recently got a grab bag saber (no features other than a cool blue ultra edge,) and have since built a new, super fancy one with obsidian. Now I look at the other one and I'm like, "Hmm... maybe I can give that one to my nephew." I'm planning on upgrading it, but it's an Aeon. Nifty, and I love the long hilt, but it is super simple, and not MLS compatible, so the pre-made options are limited. I'll be doing a good bit of custom fabrication.

Moral of my crappy story is, if you love your saber and want a new feature, add it. So you may get more bang for your buck buying one built with said feature, but just because something's on sale doesn't mean you have to buy it.

SteampunkSith
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 03:20:26 AM »

I agree, Steffenator!  A point for you.   Cheesy

"He cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings… or the Jedi. And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well."
My UltraSabers:
Dark Initiate LE v3 BR
Dark SI v3 w/Sound BH
Dark Prophecy GB
Manticore w/Sound AV
Aeon LE v3 BR
Aeon v4 BR

Jedi Hartley
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 10:04:58 PM »

I do like that word! And thanks you guys!

Light Points Please!
Sabers I own: Bellicose VA, Aeon V2 GB.
Wishlist: Shock LE VA Obisdian, Archon CG Obsidian, Scorpion BR Obsidian, Malice BR Obsidian, Raven SS BR Obsidian, Graflex CE GB Obsidian, Chosen One CE BR Obsidian. DIY Bits.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: