Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald & Obsidian Configuration Question  (Read 7662 times)
Khaalis
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

« on: April 20, 2014, 08:46:08 PM »

Ok, so with the new 3.2.1 Obsidian we can change sound as usual, but we can also change the Emerald LED settings.  This requires USB connection to each board.  My question is this...

Can you hook up Both USB ports at the same time (assuming you have 2 cables) and make all of the sound and LED changes in one shot? 
Or do you have to do one board at a time?

My Sabers (All customized & Obsidian): Emerald Archon v2.1 (DVA),  Emerald Dark Menace (SY), Emerald Shock LE (BR)

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:01:05 AM »

* Brian64 gets some popcorn and watches intently...

Light side points please

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 02:56:28 AM »

* Sedsti pulls up a seat next to Brian64 cause he would like to know this as well

Khaalis
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:02:52 AM »

Got an answer from Emory. Thought I'd post it here for others with the same question.

"Since you can only run one instance of the Obsidian Launcher on your computer at once, you can only use one at a time.  And even if you found a work around to that, I would HIGHLY recommend never putting both the driver and the soundboard in to your computer at the same time.  That is asking for bad things to happen."

My Sabers (All customized & Obsidian): Emerald Archon v2.1 (DVA),  Emerald Dark Menace (SY), Emerald Shock LE (BR)

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:55:45 AM »

Yup, that's what I would have guessed as well. Good to have it clarified though.

Light side points please

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »

This is being included in my tutorial when I eventually get to it.  One of the more annoying things is having to listen to the hum of that speaker while playing with the colors on the LED. I am mean it is an awesome sound but it is almost mind numbing loud when you are tweaking your saber. So what I like to do is plug in my obsidian board first then move the slider to the hum to 0 for the volume or I go over to http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0 and put Eerocks silent font on the hum and re write my board.  Unplug re-plug into the Emerald Driver and mess with my colors, write the LED Color that I am happy with then un plug - replug back into the obsidian board so that I can finalize the sound with the the right color combos.

I find this procedure easier to work with. 

Obsidian First - Volume to 0 or Eerocks silent font for the hum
Emerald
Then back to Obsidian

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »

Actually, you can shut down your saber once the Emerald Driver is connected to the Launcher. That's what Emory does in his videos as well. So you don't need to mute your saber via a "silent" soundfont Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kresnik
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 06:58:55 PM »

Actually, you can shut down your saber once the Emerald Driver is connected to the Launcher. That's what Emory does in his videos as well. So you don't need to mute your saber via a "silent" soundfont Smiley

When I did that on my Emerald 2 Channel it ended up corrupting the launcher - device configuration failed etc.

I will try it again next time. 

In order of favorite

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »

Okay, then it's definitely better to use a "silent" soundfont. Didn't know that this could happen...I'll keep that in mind.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kresnik
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »

Okay, then it's definitely better to use a "silent" soundfont. Didn't know that this could happen...I'll keep that in mind.

You were right Racona Nova,

I figured out the issue on my end.  The device configuration failed was not a part of the process of turning the saber off. 

This element will be going into my tutorial as an update per you- Point for you !

In order of favorite

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »

Glad to hear that you finally found the issue Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

cshigeok
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 07:53:51 AM »

wwwwhaaattt? so awesome!!! need to try this as i have the same issue although i may end up having too much fun playing with colors lol Thank you!!!

I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi and I may sometimes seem misguided but I have not necessarily succumbed to the Dark Side.

Dark Prophecy V3 in Arctic blue
Reaper RGBW Emerald w/ Obsidian (slight mods)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: