Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Model Specific fonts  (Read 8404 times)
Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« on: April 24, 2014, 12:39:55 AM »

So I have been hard at it again making fonts, mostly reworked Obsidian default font into 2 new fonts which I will be releasing soon DarkTron is one and the other I am calling KOTOR A.I. (hint robot characters from KotorII its like a saber workbench with robots as A.I. stored in saber circuits).  I was thinking of doing a third font based on an Ultrasaber model. Such as making a Reaper font or Scorpion font. If u have any suggestions let me know.  I  also plan to make another tutorial showing my overlay techniques to get your swings and clashes to integrated seamlessly which is a problem I know alot of people have when making fonts

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:55 AM »

can a mod move this topic to Obsidian Sound font section plz posted in wrong section

Jedi Galak
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:05:31 AM »

Cool idea, I wouldn't mind a reaper font since it's my only saber with sound right now

Sabers I own: Crimson Reaper RGBW emerald drive,  RGB Overlord, Dominix V3

Jedi Knight Matatabi
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 105

There is no Dark, nor Light. Only The Force.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 03:31:36 AM »

I would LOVE a normal saber font (like the default) but with rain and thunder in the background. Kind like the Darth Vader font but instead of the breathing it would have a light rainstorm.

Light side points please.

tse_epic
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

Do the Impossible!

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »

I could dig having two fonts for each saber. Jedi and Sith. So JediReaper/SithReaper and JediCatalyst/SithCatalyst, etc.

Anything with blades should sound a wee bit unstable despite their "faction", in my opinion. So a warglave should have more of a "SPRAK!" kinda ignition, with much crisper hums and swings, similar to Luke's ROTJ saber rather than his ANH saber.

That's my opinion, anyhow Tongue

CURRENT WEIGHT LOSS GOAL - 280
CURRENT WEIGHT - 310
CURRENT TOTAL - 102LBS LOST

You are the impossibility of life. Your existence spits in the face of doubt and negativity. You are a walking miracle just by *living*. You are *priceless*. You *mean* something. You are loved.

Never believe otherwise.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:29:15 AM »

Yeah I wouldn't mind like a Bellicose specific sound font. The hum for Jedi side would have to be high fast pitch while the Sith side be low and menacing sounding, same with the other sounds. This is a cool idea. Maybe people will start doing this.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 06:35:17 AM »

DarkTron review is coming soon, with MUCH anticipation. Check back tomorrow night, or Monday morning.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »

Hope to see some specific model fonts soon. I can imagine either Initiate V3's with super quick sounds since its a small saber. Like I said for the Bellicose somewhat powerful but with some buzz and zip for all the sounds. Just throwing out some ideas. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

"Much to learn you still have"

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

The shock family should have lightning in the background and some sort of electricity in the hum. This is a great thread/idea btw.

Sabers I own: Shock Le in arctic blue with obsidian
Wish list:
Dark shock
Arbiter neck(part anodized gold)
Dark arbiter neck
Dark and light points please, keep it around -1 to 1
"If only you knew the power of the dark side"  Vader

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »

already working on something u might like if its lightning.  Just finished a hum to font I am gonna call Shatter Matrix.   For Sith use it would symbolize a saber that can damage opponents lightsaber. For Jedi use would sybolize a Jedi who has had his saber damaged in battle by a Sith.  But it will have electric sparks and hissing.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »

@Ninja-Jedi, you gonna do a Bellicose type font as well? Tongue Take any suggestions?

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »

Not sure yet,  Eerock is still working on Droids of the Exile,   I have been working on my 3D modeling recently but will be back to font making soon.  Even though I have 2 Bellicose I am not sure what the font would be. Being that its really a TFU unleashed demo hilt and there are already Starkiller and TFU fonts out there prob  not.   I was thinking of doing maybe Reaper or the Manticore, Maybe even the Scorpion. Still Undecided

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 07:33:56 PM »

Or just use all the same files but alter them some.

pandacowjedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 11:12:09 PM »

I am looking for the darktron font and the link on the site doesn't seem to work?  Could you possibly upload it again?

OPEN THE BLAST DOORS!  OPEN THE BLAST DOORS!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 01:12:32 AM »

I am looking for the darktron font and the link on the site doesn't seem to work?  Could you possibly upload it again?

Sure! Here's the link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1v7jhuloy92phy/DarktronObsidian.rar

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: