Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Consular.  (Read 2900 times)
Jawaslayer4
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

« on: July 20, 2011, 08:48:53 AM »

This is my first review and it's w/my first Ultra Saber. Ok, here we go!

To start off, Ultra Sabers are awesome! The quality of the Saber is great, the shipping was fast, and compared to other sites it's cheap.
I got the Consular in Consular green w/a standard edge mid-grade blade, Obsidian soundboard, standard shroud finish, and trustfire batteries.

I guess I'll break the review down into sections.

#1 The Hilt.
The hilt of the Consular is nice because it's simple yet pretty. The shroud is a nice touch and since it's removable, there's plenty of space for customization. It is very strong and sturdy. It fits nicely in your hands with the shroud and even better w/out. The weight of the hilt is nice. It's more towards the blade. The length is nice to. Not to short yet not to big. Same goes for the width.

#2 The Blade
The blade is nice. I got a standard edged mid-grade blade w/a round tip. The blade is light which keeps the weight on the hilt. Not a blade I'd duel with but it would be good for a costume so you have less weight to carry. This 36inch blade is at perfect length for two and maybe one handed wielding. It looks nice with the color. I'm going to get an ultra edged blade to compare.

#3 The Color
The color of my saber is green. It's nice, even and BRIGHT. I'd really like to see it w/a ultra edged blade. There are two reasons I chose green for my first saber. The hilt I chose looked like Qui-Gon Jinn's saber and its called The Consular. I'm happy w/the choice in color.

#4 The Soundboard
This really impressed me. The sound for this saber is the Obsidian soundboard default sound. I really like the power on sound and the speaker is clear w/great quality. Also I was able to adjust the sensitivity of the soundboard easily. This is great to customize. I can't wait for more sound fonts.

Recap:
Hilt-Great quality, w/shroud it looks great and feels good w/out shroud it looks good and feels great.
Blade-Makes color nice and even, light weight, good for light sparing.
Color-Awesome, BRIGHT.
Soundboard-Amazing, Great sound, Awesome idea on sensitivity and sound font change.

All in all I believe that this was a great purchase. Thank you very much Ultra Sabers.

UPDATE!
I Have pics of the saber w/an UEHG Blade.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:55:33 PM by Jawaslayer4 » Logged

Darth Famine
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:53:34 PM »

Sounds awesome! And the consular without the shroud overlay looks similar to the dominix. But it's still awesome.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken
The code of the Sith.
((______(o___(:|:| LIBERATOR GUARDIAN BLUE

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »

Nice Break Down Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Very Much Look Forward To Acquiring One of These Beauties For Myself  Cheesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Jawaslayer4
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:47:44 PM »

Sounds awesome! And the consular without the shroud overlay looks similar to the dominix. But it's still awesome.

Yeah it looks like a dominix/shock hybrid.

Nice Break Down Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Very Much Look Forward To Acquiring One of These Beauties For Myself  Cheesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Grin This saber is awesome. I think a limited edition(silver w/black shroud or golden shroud) would be amazing.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »

After seeing your pictures... I want this saber  Smiley

Darth Famine
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:35 PM »

Yeah it looks like a dominix/shock hybrid.

Thanks! Grin This saber is awesome. I think a limited edition(silver w/black shroud or golden shroud) would be amazing.
Exactly!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken
The code of the Sith.
((______(o___(:|:| LIBERATOR GUARDIAN BLUE

Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -31

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 03:36:14 AM »

nice review that saber is sexy can't wait to get one

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »

Great review man, I'm totally envious.  AWESOME choice for your first saber.  I've been wanting a green Consular, having rewatched Episode I the other day, but I have my green Luke ROTJ along with another green stunt, so I'm trying not to go overboard on the green sabers haha.

Jawaslayer4
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »

Great review man, I'm totally envious.  AWESOME choice for your first saber.  I've been wanting a green Consular, having rewatched Episode I the other day, but I have my green Luke ROTJ along with another green stunt, so I'm trying not to go overboard on the green sabers haha.

Thanks man. That's understandable about the green. You could get quick disconnect to change that so you still have green but not just it. I'm thinking of getting an RGB Phantasm. Though it will be expensive it will cover a lot of colors. I do really want a RotJ Luke saber though. Green's awesome!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: