Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: More emerald  (Read 5388 times)
RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

"Much to learn you still have"

« on: April 25, 2014, 05:03:28 PM »

Which av switch option for emerald do you like best? I am trying to decide and can't tell. Please tell me which you like. I might get it not illuminated,but I do want to. Which color do you use most often in your blade?

Sabers I own: Shock Le in arctic blue with obsidian
Wish list:
Dark shock
Arbiter neck(part anodized gold)
Dark arbiter neck
Dark and light points please, keep it around -1 to 1
"If only you knew the power of the dark side"  Vader

Jedi Galak
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »

I just started my collection so the only av switch I have isn't illuminated because it's an emerald saber and I wanted it to match whatever color I decided to use at that time, plus it saved me a little money Smiley

Sabers I own: Crimson Reaper RGBW emerald drive,  RGB Overlord, Dominix V3

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

I could do silver, but I can't decide. And isn't an av switch the same price as a colored one?

Wish list:
Dark shock
Dark arbiter neck

Jedi Galak
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »

You are right, just looked it up, I thought it was a little cheaper, it's been awhile since I looked at the options. You could with silver, it does pretty much go with any color

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »

But then I wouldn't know which option to get, in series, own channel, or always on.

Wish list:
Dark shock
Dark arbiter neck

Jedi Galak
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 07:55:37 PM »

That is another reason I didn't get it illuminated

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »

I only started my emerald collection so my only emerald saber has an always on illuminated switch

Yea the av switch will drain the batteries from full to empty in 2 days but I'm very happy I got the fast recharge port on it for easy charging.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 11:33:21 PM »

I don't want it on all the time, so when I'm not using it, I could take the batteries out and charge them. Or I could get a couple more sets of batteries too.

Wish list:
Dark shock
Dark arbiter neck

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 01:44:10 AM »

Mine is silver and always on, because always on reminds me not to leave batteries in it. Smiley

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 02:01:23 AM »

Mine is silver and always on, because always on reminds me not to leave batteries in it. Smiley

for me its a good reminder to put it on the recharge port if it's been off it awhile

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

striker8
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 06:41:09 AM »

I don't want it on all the time, so when I'm not using it, I could take the batteries out and charge them. Or I could get a couple more sets of batteries too.

I went through the same decision making when I decided to get my Emerald saber. It's a lot to ponder. I suggest you do as I did and pro and con it for what YOU want and what will be the best for YOU.

For myself it went like this. I just didn't like the idea of it being on all the time even if it can act as a reminder to take the batteries out and it took away the cool option of having the switch pulse and flash. I considered in series pretty hard but since one of the main ideas for getting the emerald was so I could try colors out I ended up nixing series since the color I might finally decide on might not use the channel the switch is on removing the coolness it brings. I settled on dedicated even though I lost the white channel because for me it was the least "loss" since I can still do white mixing RGB but I still get my pulsing and flashing switch that's only lit when the saber is on.

In the end I got what I'm happy with and gave me the most of what I wanted with the least of what I didn't.

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »

I went through the same decision making when I decided to get my Emerald saber. It's a lot to ponder. I suggest you do as I did and pro and con it for what YOU want and what will be the best for YOU.

For myself it went like this. I just didn't like the idea of it being on all the time even if it can act as a reminder to take the batteries out and it took away the cool option of having the switch pulse and flash. I considered in series pretty hard but since one of the main ideas for getting the emerald was so I could try colors out I ended up nixing series since the color I might finally decide on might not use the channel the switch is on removing the coolness it brings. I settled on dedicated even though I lost the white channel because for me it was the least "loss" since I can still do white mixing RGB but I still get my pulsing and flashing switch that's only lit when the saber is on.

In the end I got what I'm happy with and gave me the most of what I wanted with the least of what I didn't.
Thank you, that was very helpful, but how will I make an arctic/light blue? There should be a five channel driver, RGBWA so we can keep white and our switch. EMORY!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:58:51 AM by RossdaBoss » Logged

Wish list:
Dark shock
Dark arbiter neck

striker8
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 05:58:09 AM »

Thank you, that was very helpful, but how will I make an arctic/light blue? There should be a five channel driver, RGBWA so we can keep white and our switch. EMORY!!!!!!!

Your welcome, can't help with the light blue but your 5 channel idea should work Wink point for you!

RossdaBoss
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »

Your welcome, can't help with the light blue but your 5 channel idea should work Wink point for you!
We should all email Emory and ask enough that they have no choice. 10 per person.

Wish list:
Dark shock
Dark arbiter neck

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »

As for the colour, I'd go for silver. If you don't really want an illuminated, then take the non-illuminated and select "Always On". I have my green one set "Always On", but the best option for best colour mixing possibilites is in line with a channel - you don't loose a channel, but you can still control the brightness of the switch by changing the intensity of the channel the switch is in line with, and it won't be illuminated when the saber is off.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: