Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Soundfont Review: Ninja-Jedi's Darktron Soundfont  (Read 12862 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« on: May 05, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »

Here's the review, everyone. It's a great font by Ninja-Jedi!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxNQW5PsGw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxNQW5PsGw</a>

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »

thx for demo  Eerock.  If u want I can speed up the swings I have kept all  original file before overlaying the hum.  The other thing is the extremely long hum I did this mainly cause i liked the idustrial scream effect but I didnt want to here it every 2 seconds.  If u think it is good as is I will release it or if u think i should make those alterations or any other let me know I wanna get it right.   Also to those in Audacity I can tell u how to do this if u have a swings u wanna speed up without distorting the sounds. Got another font soon to be released prob send it to Eerock later this week hopefully, and others in the works.  I wanna do a broken Jedi saber called Shattered Matrix  being damaged in lightsaber battle or for weatherd sabers

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:48:15 AM »

Load it up, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

I NEED to load it on my Overlord!!! Sounds fantastic!!!!!!!!!#

And, as always, I enjoyed the review of our Master Presenter! Smiley Thanks, E.

Darth Burgaar
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -68

Dark Side points Please!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »

*quote* "Tap tap . . . Theres a door there! . . " ROTFLMAO!  Cheesy

Your Soundfont reviews are always funny and Informative E. Well done!! (I also like your new Jedi gear, it looks cool!)

And of course a BIG thanks to Ninja-Jedi! MAAAAaate!!! Darktron Rocks!!!  Grin It would be cool (like Eerockk said) if there was maybe a V2 with slightly shorter swings?! I'm now looking forward to your next project!

Points awarded Gentlemen!  Cheesy

"The Sith have no Fear and give no Quarter!! If you challenge them? . . then pray the Force is with you!"
My Sabers : Malice, Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion, Archon 2.1, Chosen One CE, Graflex CE (all Emerald) Liberator, 2x Initiate v3.1.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »

this version should be up soon, I will do a quick swing version or prob just make and extra file with 12 quick swings that u can swap out the swings with new V2 quick swings

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »

this version should be up soon, I will do a quick swing version or prob just make and extra file with 12 quick swings that u can swap out the swings with new V2 quick swings

As requested, here are the V1 files for the Darktron font. I'll post them in the fonts thread as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s83v91i9d493io/Darktron%20Obsidian.rar

Note, you will need WinRAR to open this archive which you can get here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

norvinus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »

I just installed this font on my modified shock with bass speaker and it was amazing! THANK YOU VERY MUCH NINJA- JEDI! And as always awesome demo... you are the king of soundfont review Eerock!

As for version 2 an additional quicker swings will be great. Also there was some 'tik' like static sound at the end of each swing, if you can fix that out it will be perfect.

Again big thanks to you ninja-jedi and to all obsidian soundfont makers, you guys always gives new life to our sabers.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 01:02:48 AM »

will take a look at the click I didnt notice it on my other sabers but I noticed in video review , but maybe when i converted to LSU i messed up the hum file.  Was it just the swings or clashes as well.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 02:59:16 AM »

Nice. I actually like the slower swings. Makes it sound like an old saber sort of. Or has that Old Republic feel to the font.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 03:34:55 AM »

Yeah I approve of this font. Have it now on my Bellicose. When that loud screech plays during the hum it actually reminds me of like if the Force is calling out to you or something. Though when you do the swings and impacts do you notice a click sound or is that just me? Can't wait to hear the quicker swing version though. Good job on the Darktron font Ninja-Jedi. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

norvinus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 08:20:55 AM »

will take a look at the click I didnt notice it on my other sabers but I noticed in video review , but maybe when i converted to LSU i messed up the hum file.  Was it just the swings or clashes as well.

Just checked it, I hear it on clashes also.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 09:23:14 AM »

Yeah the click is on the swings and impacts but that's it. How come there isn't that other power on/off though like in the preview video? Decided to just go with the one power on/off?

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »

Points for Ninja Jedi and Eerockk. Great review and font.

Light side points please

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 06:55:50 PM »

upon inspecting the files i have found the problem lies with converting to .LSU,  when I loop my file it plays correctly no pauses, but soon as I convert it to .LSU thene the click appears in the hum, I tried to shorten the hum to 3-4 seconds and was still getting problem when converting to .LSU.     If anyone wants to help me out with this it would be appreciated it is just the hum that I am having problems with once i can get it to convert without distorting the file the font should be fine

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »

upon inspecting the files i have found the problem lies with converting to .LSU,  when I loop my file it plays correctly no pauses, but soon as I convert it to .LSU thene the click appears in the hum, I tried to shorten the hum to 3-4 seconds and was still getting problem when converting to .LSU.     If anyone wants to help me out with this it would be appreciated it is just the hum that I am having problems with once i can get it to convert without distorting the file the font should be fine

PM sent! The honor is to serve!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: